Report board kinks here, Please

Your moving too slow?

I take it no one else is having this problem. Oh well.

No not now, it was slow yesterday.
Try loggin out, going somewhere else and see if your internet is the one that is slow.
That has happened to me.

I'll try it - but I don't think that's it. Reason I don't think that is, that the ONLY place things go slowly on my Internet is here, at USMB. It is, as usual, like lightning on all other Web sites.

I will say, however, that on my office computer (NOT that I would ever use an office computer to dally around on Internet message boards, you understand), there is no problem at USMB. Strange . . . . very strange . . . .

Last edited:
Your moving too slow?

I take it no one else is having this problem. Oh well.

No not now, it was slow yesterday.
Try loggin out, going somewhere else and see if your internet is the one that is slow.
That has happened to me.

Per your suggestion, I have deleted all of my stored PM's, both incoming and outgoing (slightly over 3,000 of the little bad boys). Things seem to be working much faster now. Thank you for the suggestion.

Not sure if there is any plan to fix the "mark forums read" feature, but in the meanttime, plop the following into a bookmarklet and it should produce the same results:
Code:
javascript:if(document.all){for (i=0;i<document.links.length;i++) {if(document.links[i].innerText) if(document.links[i].innerText != " ")if ( document.links[i].href.indexOf( "logouthash" ) >= 0 ) logoutlink = document.links[i].href;else if ( document.links[i].href.indexOf( "logouthash" ) >= 0 ) logoutlink = document.links[i].href;}}else {for (i=0;i<document.links.length;i++) {if(document.links[i].text) {if(((document.links[i].text).indexOf("javascript:")) == -1) {if ( document.links[i].href.indexOf( "logouthash" ) >= 0 ) logoutlink = document.links[i].href;}}else {}}}idx=logoutlink.indexOf( "logouthash=" );token=logoutlink.substring ( idx + 11 );document.location = "http://www.usmessageboard.com/forumdisplay.php?do=markread&markreadhash=" + token;

Forum List

Back