Report- At least 40 civilians dead in Tripoli strikes

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
well , Reuters is reporting it, well it is the Vatican, and I am not totally on board with this report, *shrugs*, but the Vatican knows how to schmooze, and believe me, they get around, they have had a quiet presence in Libya since Christ was in nickers, but I don't see a reason for them to gild this one way or another.

All Qaddafi needs is a few gruesome pics and the whole complexion of this 'kinetic' military action will change.

The UN et al can't vilify others for hitting targets, human shields or not ( which I am sure Qaddafi is using) then remain silent here....can they? :eusa_think:

At least 40 civilians dead in Tripoli strikes: Vatican official
Reuters March 31, 2011, 10:10 pm

ROME (Reuters) - At least 40 civilians have been killed in air strikes by Western forces on Tripoli, the top Vatican official in the Libyan capital told a Catholic news agency on Thursday, quoting witnesses.

"The so-called humanitarian raids have killed dozens of civilian victims in some neighborhoods of Tripoli," said Giovanni Innocenzo Martinelli, the Apostolic Vicar of Tripoli.

"I have collected several witness accounts from reliable people. In particular, in the Buslim neighborhood, due to the bombardments, a civilian building collapsed, causing the death of 40 people," he told Fides, the news agency of the Vatican missionary arm.

Libyan officials have taken foreign reporters to the sites of what they say were the aftermath of Western air strikes on Tripoli but evidence of civilian casualties has been inconclusive.

Western powers say they have no confirmed evidence of civilian casualties from air strikes, which they have carried out under a U.N. mandate to protect civilians caught in conflict between Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's forces and rebels.

At least 40 civilians dead in Tripoli strikes: Vatican official - Yahoo!7

I'm sure the families of the victims are all thankful for the freedom bombs we are dropping on them and not plotting revenge at all.

Yeah, What a suprise. I bet when it's all said and done, NATO will have killed 10 times as many civillians as Quadaffi supposedly has. What a joke. How about just one video of these so-called massacres by Quadaffi's henchmen? LMAO! Nothing but an internationalist load of crap. ~BH

well , Reuters is reporting it, well it is the Vatican, and I am not totally on board with this report, *shrugs*, but the Vatican knows how to schmooze, and believe me, they get around, they have had a quiet presence in Libya since Christ was in nickers, but I don't see a reason for them to gild this one way or another.

All Qaddafi needs is a few gruesome pics and the whole complexion of this 'kinetic' military action will change.

The UN et al can't vilify others for hitting targets, human shields or not ( which I am sure Qaddafi is using) then remain silent here....can they? :eusa_think:

ROME (Reuters) - At least 40 civilians have been killed in air strikes by Western forces on Tripoli, the top Vatican official in the Libyan capital told a Catholic news agency on Thursday, quoting witnesses.

"The so-called humanitarian raids have killed dozens of civilian victims in some neighborhoods of Tripoli," said Giovanni Innocenzo Martinelli, the Apostolic Vicar of Tripoli.

"I have collected several witness accounts from reliable people. In particular, in the Buslim neighborhood, due to the bombardments, a civilian building collapsed, causing the death of 40 people," he told Fides, the news agency of the Vatican missionary arm.

Libyan officials have taken foreign reporters to the sites of what they say were the aftermath of Western air strikes on Tripoli but evidence of civilian casualties has been inconclusive.

Western powers say they have no confirmed evidence of civilian casualties from air strikes, which they have carried out under a U.N. mandate to protect civilians caught in conflict between Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's forces and rebels.

So a Vatican official has collected statements from 'witnesses'. Hmmm, yea.... see, I want hard evidence... not 'witness statements'. If the Vatican official can prove these people were killed as a direct result of an allied airstrike, fine... but he can't. He has 'witness statements'.

So a Vatican official has collected statements from 'witnesses'. Hmmm, yea.... see, I want hard evidence... not 'witness statements'. If the Vatican official can prove these people were killed as a direct result of an allied airstrike, fine... but he can't. He has 'witness statements'.

I don't believe either side can prove anyone has been killed over there. Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. All of this happening all at once over in the Middle East? Nope, not buying either sides story. Anything Obama supports must have some fucked up reality behind it. ~BH

Last edited:

Forum List

Back