Report: 237 millionaires in Congress

They said on c-span this morning, that in the house Bill on health care, it is 100% paid for with the Medicare efficiency cuts and a tax on those making more than a million a year net.

wonder if any of these congressmen will be in that pool and voted to tax themselves?

Why did they need a bill to cut waste/become more efficient? :cuckoo:

They said on c-span this morning, that in the house Bill on health care, it is 100% paid for with the Medicare efficiency cuts and a tax on those making more than a million a year net.

wonder if any of these congressmen will be in that pool and voted to tax themselves?

common sense will tell a thinking person that if 500 billion could be saved from Medicare for "efficiency" then it woulda shoulda already been done. but you not being a thinking person won't ever realize that they plan to cut 500 billion from medicare by witholding treatment from seniors. That's why we call you DUmmies.

Why did they need a bill to cut waste/become more efficient? :cuckoo:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zoom-boing again.

Anyone who doesn't realize that politicians are rich are blind ... and they get into office only to make themselves richer ... their policies are for no other reason. ;)

Lots of reasons to run for Congress. Getting rich isn't one of them.

And you believe them?

I don't understand why we have to make Medicare more efficient as part of this health care plan. If it's not efficient, it should be made efficient even if this bill does not pass.

Because the efficiency provisions aren't strong enough to pass on their own.

Medicare efficiency cuts :rofl::rofl::rofl:

A lot of mind reading going on in this thread.

That was my thought exactly. :lol:

You bet.

Look at the ethics committee thats supposed to investiate wrongdoing by our elected offcials. Never seem to throw anybody out for tax evasion or anything else. What a crew. Biggest crooks around yet they never seem to land in jail or even thrown out of office.

Devil's advocate here: Anyone who makes over $200K a year and doesn't have a net worth of over a million must not be a financial genius.

Or they aren't ruled by the one grand rule of getting more money, more money, more money.

It's interesting that they are all crooks if they are rich ( I tend to agree) but if they aren't rich they must be dumb. Shows the thought process of the writer?

Of course its paid for with Medicare cuts and taxes. Thats the only way they could make it CBO proof. The CBO can only go on the numbers given.

I'm just wondering what other little goodies are hidden in the 2,000 pages. Plenty of taxes for all of us to pay I'm sure. The only ones who will make out are those that pay nothing now and believe me, they don't care.

Devil's advocate here: Anyone who makes over $200K a year and doesn't have a net worth of over a million must not be a financial genius.

Or they aren't ruled by the one grand rule of getting more money, more money, more money.

It's interesting that they are all crooks if they are rich ( I tend to agree) but if they aren't rich they must be dumb. Shows the thought process of the writer?

I don't know if any of them are crooks. That's for the ethics people to decide. But I stand by my assertion that people making over $200K for a certain period of time should have a net worth of over a million dollars. Unless they've given the bulk away to charity (yeah right). they are bad money managers. They may not be dumb in all they do, but I sure wouldn't someone like that managing MY SOCIAL SECURITY!

I don't know if any of them are crooks. That's for the ethics people to decide. But I stand by my assertion that people making over $200K for a certain period of time should have a net worth of over a million dollars. Unless they've given the bulk away to charity (yeah right). they are bad money managers. They may not be dumb in all they do, but I sure wouldn't someone like that managing MY SOCIAL SECURITY!

I agree with Chanel

I wouldn't vote for anyone eligible for congress who isn't worth at least a million. A million dollars is not that much money anymore.

I am not afraid of millionaires. I am afraid of those bums who don't have any money and spending ours like crazy!

And yet none of you will vote for a nobody. Now will you?

I'll vote for a nobody--if his/her policies are right. The problem is--these wealthy politicians can buy all the adds they want to--that puts average middle class Americans at a huge disadvantage. Hillary Clinton had 7 million of her own money to throw at her campaign--Mitt Romney did the same thing.

What kind of chance does anyone have--who may have the actual know-how but wasn't born with a silver spoon in their mouths & or didn't graduate from Harvard or Yale.

BUT--I think this is why politicians on both sides of the isle are scared to death of Sarah Palin. She is a populist--one that came from an average middle class family--who owned & operated her family business--& became very successful in politics "without" a degree from Harvard or Yale.

Forum List

Back