Reply To The Tim Tebow Thing...........

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
............We used to give to the Salvation Army but a few years ago they started pushing the church stuff so we bailed on them. We give what we can to Operation Smile Train....an organi ation which provides corrective surgery to 3rd world children born with cleft palates and or lips. I'll admit I don't give like I should but I've been retired for seventeen years.

By the way....those Tebow, Petty foundations are a great way to provide $100K jobs for relatives. Bob Dole's wife drew $300,000 a year from the Red Cross for years.

I wasn't aware that the Salivation Army was all churchified these days.

We had been giving to them and them alone since I left the church in 1994. Take my word for it.....evidently they assumed that because we were fairly generous with our gifts that we were Christians....cost them a couple of grand a year.

We pay for anywhere from six to ten smile train surgeries each year and until somebody thumps a bible will continue to do so.

Sorry bout that,

1. This is amazing, why does a person who slams God at every turn bother to do anything good?
2. There is no one to prove anything to in his mind, there is no God to him, there is no eternal reward for doing whats right for him, he hates everything good, and still finds some reason to do some good, as far as I can tell he is the anti-christ, he hates God so much, he goes out of his way to attack Jesus' followers, like those stories in the Bible, of a man who lived in a cave, and no man could tame him, cutting himself, not being able to be bound by chains, broke usunder.
3. I think it must be a remnant of the earlier soul that used to live inside this person, who can't be hid, the main evil person that resides within him, more or less controls *all* aspects of his life, but this is amazing, and brings all sorts of questions to mind.
4. The Salvation Army does so much good, and in his mind, he can't support it, because they do the good they do, for God, so he hates them.
5. Keep your money, if you can't give to Gods work, doing good, just keep it, it will corrupt with you, you have it, Judas.

Regards,
SirJamsofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. This is amazing, why does a person who slams God at every turn bother to do anything good?
2. There is no one to prove anything to in his mind, there is no God to him, there is no eternal reward for doing whats right for him, he hates everything good, and still finds some reason to do some good, as far as I can tell he is the anti-christ, he hates God so much, he goes out of his way to attack Jesus' followers, like those stories in the Bible, of a man who lived in a cave, and no man could tame him, cutting himself, not being able to be bound by chains, broke usunder.
3. I think it must be a remnant of the earlier soul that used to live inside this person, who can't be hid, the main evil person that resides within him, more or less controls *all* aspects of his life, but this is amazing, and brings all sorts of questions to mind.
4. The Salvation Army does so much good, and in his mind, he can't support it, because they do the good they do, for God, so he hates them.
5. Keep your money, if you can't give to Gods work, doing good, just keep it, it will corrupt with you, you have it, Judas.

Regards,
SirJamsofTexas

Oh I've told the story before. I was in a neighboring town passing a shopping mall when a shiny new Cadillac Escalade merged in from my right. The first thing I noticed was a gold "Christian Fish" decal on the back just beneath the rear window. As the driver completed the merge I saw a large bumper sticker, "This Family Is Blessed." My thoughts immediately went to the nearly a billion, mostly children, who are starving or suffering from malnutrition. Why would anyone....much less a Christian believe god wants them to drive a luxurious automobile while so many people are starving.

Then it occurred to me that having been brainwashed as children people cannot be blamed for never knowing what's in the bible:

Luke 16:19-31 (KJV) (Verse 19) There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: (Vs 20) And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, (Vs 21) And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. (Vs 22) And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; (Vs 23) And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. (Vs 24) And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. (Vs 25) But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. (Vs 26) And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. (Vs 27) Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: (Vs 28) For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. (Vs 29) Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. (Vs 30) And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. (Vs 31) And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Last edited:

We had been giving to them and them alone since I left the church in 1994. Take my word for it.....evidently they assumed that because we were fairly generous with our gifts that we were Christians....cost them a couple of grand a year.

We pay for anywhere from six to ten smile train surgeries each year and until somebody thumps a bible will continue to do so.

If you are looking for a secular charity Doctors Without Borders .

Reddit atheists raise over $200k for Doctors Without Borders - National Humanist | Examiner.com

I helped contribute to this campaign and I hope you will too. :)

Holy cow, they won't give to the Salvation Army because they push a church thing?

If you look at all MAJOR DISASTERS it's the Salvation Army who is always there.

I have never seen a more bunch of PETTY people.

Holy cow, they won't give to the Salvation Army because they push a church thing?

If you look at all MAJOR DISASTERS it's the Salvation Army who is always there.

I have never seen a more bunch of PETTY people.

I believe you mean a bunch of more petty people

Whoever wants to give to whomever, by all means. But, i don't see the need to go around slamming other organizations to prove some point. Sheesh.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamsofTexas

Ridiculous! Believe it or not, some people do good for good's sake without the need for accolades or the promise of reward. Maybe it is you who should keep their money because you are obviously not doing anything for the right reasons.

Spamming and bigotry is the central aspect of cammmpbell's little online 'persona.'

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

2. There is no one to prove anything to in his mind, there is no God to him, there is no eternal reward for doing whats right for him, he hates everything good, and still finds some reason to do some good, as far as I can tell he is the anti-Christ, he hates God so much, he goes out of his way to attack Jesus' followers, like those stories in the Bible, of a man who lived in a cave, and no man could tame him, cutting himself, not being able to be bound by chains, broke asunder.

Regards,
SirJamsofTexas

Oh I've told the story before. I was in a neighboring town passing a shopping mall when a shiny new Cadillac Escalade merged in from my right. The first thing I noticed was a gold "Christian Fish" decal on the back just beneath the rear window. As the driver completed the merge I saw a large bumper sticker, "This Family Is Blessed." My thoughts immediately went to the nearly a billion, mostly children, who are starving or suffering from malnutrition. Why would anyone....much less a Christian believe god wants them to drive a luxurious automobile while so many people are starving.

Then it occurred to me that having been brainwashed as children people cannot be blamed for never knowing what's in the bible:

Luke 16:19-31 (KJV) (Verse 19) There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: (Vs 20) And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, (Vs 21) And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. (Vs 22) And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; (Vs 23) And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. (Vs 24) And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. (Vs 25) But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. (Vs 26) And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. (Vs 27) Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: (Vs 28) For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. (Vs 29) Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. (Vs 30) And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. (Vs 31) And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

1. This parable was written for a Pharisee which pretty much describes you.
2. You seem to know about the Bible enough to think you can condemn others with it, you tithe cum-min and spices, but you forget the weightier matters of God.
3. Which I won't elaborate on.
4. Wealth of itself isn't evil, but using wealth as a weapon against God is, which you admit yourself by condemning The Salvation Army for doing Gods work.
5. I am sure there is a special place reserved for you in hell Mr. 666.
6. And I'm sure no one here will miss your money grubbing ass when you slip away from this world and roll down into hell.
7. Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You really have to be selfish to think that people wouldn't do good without the incentive to impress God. Wow.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

2. There is no one to prove anything to in his mind, there is no God to him, there is no eternal reward for doing whats right for him, he hates everything good, and still finds some reason to do some good, as far as I can tell he is the anti-Christ, he hates God so much, he goes out of his way to attack Jesus' followers, like those stories in the Bible, of a man who lived in a cave, and no man could tame him, cutting himself, not being able to be bound by chains, broke asunder.

Regards,
SirJamsofTexas

Ridiculous! Believe it or not, some people do good for good's sake without the need for accolades or the promise of reward. Maybe it is you who should keep their money because you are obviously not doing anything for the right reasons.

1. Spoken from a person who won't even help his own family out in their time of *great need*, yeah, its scary huh?.
2. You have no idea of what i do charitably.
3. And you won't.
4. People should know in their hearts why they do anything for charity reasons, not just react to a need, there is a reason good people do good things with their treasure, its in your account, under your control, when do, and why does a person give, whats the motivation?
5. If you openly admit to the world, God is not, and blaspheme God, then claim you do charity for no other reason only that they don't thump Bibles, then you are an obviously of the devil, so what purpose does this person even try to do *ANY* good?
6. It makes no sense, whatsoever, house divided and all comes to mind.
7. I do good hoping for nothing in return, but at the same time I know if I only supply a drink of cold water, I shall not be over looked for the good I did, by God, because God's ways are bigger than our ways.
8. No one can out do God in doing good.
9. So my question is this, Campbell proclaims that God is witchcraft, voodoo, and then claims to do good for no other reason but to not hear from the charity that they do Gods work, and yet he still supposedly does good, just to hedge his bets, so his disdain of God, over shadows his good he would do to demean the charity doing good for God will.
10. And I think he has a lot to learn, even though he is reached the age of 77, he is so lost, I don't think there is a more lost person on this site.
11. Not lost and can be found, I mean lost totally lost, on his way to hell, and it can't be changed, ofcourse I could be wrong, because I don't truely know Gods plan with this person.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Spamming and bigotry is the central aspect of cammmpbell's little online 'persona.'

And you can go ahead and bet your bible thumping ass that I'll be here when the morning comes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dont listen to Joe about the Salvation Army, he does better when he sticks to Mormons, and politics. The salvation army has been an unabashedly christian organization since its creation. I was a paid employee for them years ago and they stated that fact up front and asked if it would be an issue. Dont know if its like that now, but it was then.

There wiki-

The Salvation Army is a Protestant Christian church known for its thrift stores and charity work. It is an international movement that currently works in over a hundred countries.[2]

It was founded in 1865 in the United Kingdom by William Booth and his wife Catherine as the East London Christian Mission with a quasi-military structure.[3] The theology of the Salvation Army is "mainstream Protestant".[4]

The Salvation Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and this from there website-

Motivated by the love of God, as a leader in Christian faith-based human services, The Salvation Army is committed to serve the whole person, body, soul and spirit, with integrity and respect, using creative solutions to positively transform lives. Its objects are ‘the advancement of the Christian religion… of education, the relief of poverty, and other charitable objects beneficial to society or the community of mankind as a whole.

USA Eastern Territory : About The Salvation Army

No top secret there.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamsofTexas

This is true. Plenty of honorable and giving non Christians in the world.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamsofTexas

I have told you before, stop quoting the bible to support your stupidity. It is stupid to use something you don't believe in to support you. I think maybe you are just one big fat liar just stirring up trouble.

Forum List

Back