Replacment refs?

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Is there something special about the NFL refs this year?

I keep hearing about replacement refs and I don't remember hearing about them before. Is there something different this year? Or have they always been a topic of discussion and I just didn't notice it before because I don't follow football very closely at all ...

Who did they replace?

• Banned
Thanks. I had wondered briefly about that but dismissed the thought quickly because I didn't imagine there would be anyone willing to cross a strike line.

Today's Skins game shows why the owners really ought to settle. The officiating was a joke.

I keep hearing about replacement refs and I don't remember hearing about them before. Is there something different this year? Or have they always been a topic of discussion and I just didn't notice it before because I don't follow football very closely at all ...

Who did they replace?

Yes: that thing being, they suck like a 15-amp shop-vac!

The regular officials are on strike.

They don't know how to call downfield pass interference. College rules are pretty different from the NFL.

Who did they replace?

Yes...they are especially bad at missing calls and missinterpreting rules. It is very annoying.

The replacement refs are being thrown the wolves. I don't think they ever really had a chance at just being thrown into reffing NFL games. With that said-they've been TERRIBLE. The regular refs I think actually do a damn good job. Of course they mess up sometimes (it's human), but they get it right the overwhelming majority of the time.

My Seahawks crushed the Cowgirls on Sunday so I guess I should be happy but the officials were horrible. Simple calls like off sides ..I saw at least three occasions when "America's team" was already accoss TLOS before the ball was snapped. THAT kinda call is never missed by the real refs.

This is gonna be a tough year for Seattle. Not because we are not a talented and maybe the hardest hitting squad with the best home field advantage..that being the loudest stadium.. But as we approach week 3 it is clear that The Cardinals and San Fransisco are as strong as any teams in the NFL. We almost won down in Arizona week one..it was a very close game. AND we played pretty shitty. Lotta dropped passes....Three in the red zone at the end of the game that would have been winning touchdowns.

But we did beat the snot outta Dallas who beat te snot outta New York the week before.

It would be nice to have good refs when a close game could go either way depending on the calls. What's the solution? Win 27 to 7 ..I guess. :lol:

Forum List

Back