Replacing my laptop.....

Some people don't like Dell and claim they're junk but most of that has to do with they're being one of the largest, if not the largest computer retailer on the planet. While the failure/complaint rate may appear higher it's due to volume and based on percentages is no more or less than anyone else. I've had Dells for many years until I started home building systems and never had a problem. The only other computer I had was an HP, it was newer than my Dells and died before my Dells did.

I was talking about laptop cooling in general.

I wasn't talking about Dell, and have no opinion on Dell.

Now, if you want my opinion on del . . .
evillaugh.gif

Yeah, laptop cooling in general needs to catch up with the technology, of course that would probably add another couple of hundred dollars to the cost. In the meantime we're stuck using cooling pads to mitigate the heat issues.
I am very happy with this Targus AWE12US X. Edited

I got mine from TigerDirect for $17.99, but now they are up to $29.99. This is a helluva deal on eBay. It is also a 4 port USB hub. My only recommendation would be to glue rubber feet onto the existing feet to raise it up slightly more - much better airflow. But the large fans do a great job. You just need to set it on a flat surface or your legs will block the fans.

Edit to add: OK - I don't get it. I keep posting the link to eBay, and it keeps getting re-directed to pioneer learning center. Just search eBay for that Targus model #.

Last edited:
I was talking about laptop cooling in general.

I wasn't talking about Dell, and have no opinion on Dell.

Now, if you want my opinion on del . . .
evillaugh.gif

Yeah, laptop cooling in general needs to catch up with the technology, of course that would probably add another couple of hundred dollars to the cost. In the meantime we're stuck using cooling pads to mitigate the heat issues.
I am very happy with this Targus AWE12US X. Edited

I got mine from TigerDirect for $17.99, but now they are up to $29.99. This is a helluva deal on eBay. It is also a 4 port USB hub. My only recommendation would be to glue rubber feet onto the existing feet to raise it up slightly more - much better airflow. But the large fans do a great job. You just need to set it on a flat surface or your legs will block the fans.

Edit to add: OK - I don't get it. I keep posting the link to eBay, and it keeps getting re-directed to pioneer learning center. Just search eBay for that Targus model #.

Yeah I clicked on the links before I finished reading. Was thinking WTF??!! :lol:
I hate working off my lap, just too uncomfortable, (no rich Corinthian leather :eusa_whistle:).

Last edited:
I just bought a MacBook Pro 13 which does everything that I need.

Oh Sunni, I looked at those and they are so overpriced. The Macbook Air has some tiny 11 inch that by the time you get done with extras that a kid needs for college costs around 1500. I didn't even look at the Macbook Pro.
Actually I agree with you Sarah G

I found mine on craigslist for a great deal form a person that really needed money.

It was only a couple of months old and I got it for $750 :eusa_angel:

Good deal.

Forum List

Back