Repent or Perish... Time is Running Out

Something that just came to me is some stories I recall reading about from former-Satanists / ex- Witches (now born again Christians) who were raised in generational Satanist families where no emotion, love, kindness was permitted in any way. They were raised to be completely detached and their homes were void of any affection or displays of love or purity of heart. These people ended up very fragmented, mentally damaged, without natural affection / they were void of love and didn't even know what love was.

I've been told that this is standard in the home of Lucifer worshippers and that many of the very high level witchcraft families, those in high levels of Cabbalah and Lucifer worship do not even raise their own children, they will have them raised by someone else or educated at a formal school / boarding arrangement where they once again have no real experience of intimacy / normal family experience. As this is the way Satan desires to see children raised it isn't difficult to see that God's way is the best way - and that when we raise our children with nurturing, kindness, love and admonish them to walk in the ways of the LORD and teach them about Jesus Christ our families are greatly blessed.

What you say you desire in the way of a father / child relationship sounds more like a business arrangement than a family. Healthy families communicate their affection for one another, encourage one another and support one another emotionally. Emotion is not a bad word, Mr. A. It's healthy to have, share, express our emotions to those who are closest to us and to teach our little ones to share their emotions as well.

Far too often Emotion us used to.mask the inability or unwillingness to ensure that Order and Propriety are maintained and Discipline enforced in a wide variety of relationships.

there are some sins that are irredeemable, taking a life however might not the cause for the sin be a consideration -

if raised to sin by a parent and the child realizes the error are they or the parent responsible and if the child experiences a rebirth from the error, their past sins then are [no] longer theirs to face at Judgement.

and certainly at some point in time an individual is capable not sinning, ever again, for the purpose to become pure before their death the proper state for even there to be a Judgement rendered. the previous sins redeemed.

I don't believe in Inherited Sin. Each Soul starts with a clean, blank slate.

It is the Soul's job to correct the mind, when necessary. Such as when the education of the mind, relative to Right and Wrong is deficient in some way or another.

The ability to stop sinning simply keeps the Soul from becoming more tarnished. It cannot remove whatever stain already exists.
We were born with the sin nature because of Adam's sin. We see this fallen nature in our children before they even know right from wrong - it's there. When we are born again and redeemed God gives us a new heart / a new nature and we desire to obey God. It becomes most natural to obey God because we are restored back to his image and his likeness (Gen. 1:26) as we follow after His Son (after receiving Jesus as our Lord and Savior). What you are describing is not possible apart from God. We must be born again. As to the stain of sin, when we go to the Lord and ask forgiveness for a specific sin it is as if we never sinned. We are cleansed by the Blood of Jesus Christ and that sin is gone never to be remembered by God again, Mr. A. Did you read the link on suffering? What do you think? Could you identify with what the author was speaking about?
We were born with the sin nature because of Adam's sin.

we were born capable of sinning by nature or Adam [sic], not that we were born with sin.

The ability to stop sinning simply keeps the Soul from becoming more tarnished. It cannot remove whatever stain already exists.

the process of never sinning again would require the purging of all previous sins for the accomplishment to succeed in a meaningful way, were there no irredeemable sins committed. there is an inherent way for the sinned upon to recover and is also a responsibility in Judgement to do so.

the process of never sinning again would require the purging of all previous sins for the accomplishment to succeed in a meaningful way, were there no irredeemable sins committed. there is an inherent way for the sinned upon to recover and is also a responsibility in Judgement to do so.

That's the way you see it, and you're welcome to that. It's not the way I see it.

That's the way you see it, and you're welcome to that. It's not the way I see it.

mine offers a path to the Everlasting were the accomplishment meaningful, is there no such hope for you having not committed an unnredeemable sin.

mine offers a path to the Everlasting were the accomplishment meaningful, is there no such hope for you having not committed an unnredeemable sin.

There is such a path. You see 2 options for the Soul (Heaven/Hell). I see 3 options. The Soul that has been able to maintain itself in a clean enough state is allowed to move on. Most Souls find themselves in the middle ground, and after a period of (re-education) the Soul is given another chance to try agsin. Those Souls found to be unredeemable by their state of uncleanness are doomed to eternal torment.

There is such a path. You see 2 options for the Soul (Heaven/Hell). I see 3 options. The Soul that has been able to maintain itself in a clean enough state is allowed to move on. Most Souls find themselves in the middle ground, and after a period of (re-education) the Soul is given another chance to try agsin. Those Souls found to be unredeemable by their state of uncleanness are doomed to eternal torment.
There is such a path. You see 2 options for the Soul (Heaven/Hell). I see 3 options.

I do not believe there is a place hell, Heaven is voluntary when invited, the residence of the Almighty where I aspire is the Everlasting so not too dissimilar from your perspective as second chances may be available but in the end only those that Triumph correctly Good vs Evil will ever be admitted to either.

I do not believe there is a place hell, Heaven is voluntary when invited, the residence of the Almighty where I aspire is the Everlasting so not too dissimilar from your perspective as second chances may be available but in the end only those that Triumph correctly Good vs Evil will ever be admitted to either.

I don't believe you can have a Positive place without a Negative one. Nor do I understand how you can have two different positive places.

As a hypothetical question to you, imagine a father who approaches his own sons and daughters from a clinical and disconnected manner. The children never approach their father for affection, encouragement, love, fatherly guidance but instead check in at zero 800 hours for their orders and do what they are told to do and then check in the next day to the same thing over and over and over again. Every time they fail the father says this will be recorded and remembered as a mark against you and I'll be bringing it up to you every day for the rest of your life. What would you think of such a father? Would that not be more of a dictator than a true father? What do you think about that?

That's exactly what I wanted in a dad and probably what I would/will be if my wife and I ever have kids.
So you want to be completely emotionally detached from your children and your children from you? Do you think that using such methods in courtship / seeking a wife would ever bring success in finding a loving wife who would be a loving mother to one's children? Why would a wife warrant love and attachment but not children? Does that make any sense? As you speak about your father I picture a very loving father who didn't hide his affection for you or for his heavenly father so why would you not want that for your own family if you would some day decide to have one of your own?
He is not capable of love, and hates nothing more than he hates himself.

Honestly, he is a poster child for contraceptives in the water supply. A child would probably be better off born dead than raised by him.

What you say you desire in the way of a father / child relationship sounds more like a business arrangement than a family. Healthy families communicate their affection for one another, encourage one another and support one another emotionally. Emotion is not a bad word, Mr. A. It's healthy to have, share, express our emotions to those who are closest to us and to teach our little ones to share their emotions as well.

Far too often Emotion us used to.mask the inability or unwillingness to ensure that Order and Propriety are maintained and Discipline enforced in a wide variety of relationships.

The Word of God clearly defines love as stronger than death (Song of Songs) therein love cannot be construed as a weakness or something that hinders. In fact, God's love is a necessary ingredient of order and discipline because without it chaos ensues and things quickly fall out of order. The Love of God is the foundation to a good marriage, raising children, a happy home, a meaningful life. Apart from the love of God what is there? Your father sounds like he was a wonderful Christian man who endured unto the very end and kept his faith. If he knew of your feelings about God concerning his illness I'm sure it concerned him because he wouldn't want your faith in God to be harmed over it, Mr. A.. Knowing that your father had a close relationship to the Lord I have to believe that the Lord is going to answer your father's prayers for you and that you are going to return to your faith in Jesus Christ. Because you know that your father - though perfectly well and happy now in heaven, is expecting to see you there once your life is finished here. I'm sure you know this already but it is something you should consider. Another thing to consider is that as a Believer you know that some of what you have decided to embrace as your belief system is in direct conflict with the written word of God. For instance, you mention the alternative of another chance as in reincarnation. This is not possible because the bible tells us that we are appointed once to die and then the judgment. Once means once. This is it. Hebrews 9:27 look it up. And it is appointed unto men once to die but after this the judgment. Hebrews 9:27 We are appointed once to die and then the judgment. It is appointed unto men once to die. Not twice, not three times or ten times or one hundred times but ONCE.

You had to have heard some teaching on reincarnation somewhere at some time to have become taken in by this false teaching. Do you remember encountering anyone who was talking about it? Did you read a book about it? Do you recall the name of the author?

Have you ever noticed how the New Age teachers never mention coming back as a tree or a gar fish or a bug? Interesting isn't it? In other countries its depicted as a curse, as something terrible and yet in the West the New Agers are doing their best to romanticize the idea as if you will evolve UP. As if that is the only direction one can go! No so according to the teachings of reincarnation in the east! What then? Are we going to just create our own reality and our own belief system knowing full well it does not have any basis in reality as the Word of God does? No, we really cannot do that can we? Because our eternal lives are at stake. The matter is far too important and we cannot play games with such a serious decision. Did you ever watch the two videos in the OP of this thread?

there are some sins that are irredeemable, taking a life however might not the cause for the sin be a consideration -

if raised to sin by a parent and the child realizes the error are they or the parent responsible and if the child experiences a rebirth from the error, their past sins then are [no] longer theirs to face at Judgement.

and certainly at some point in time an individual is capable not sinning, ever again, for the purpose to become pure before their death the proper state for even there to be a Judgement rendered. the previous sins redeemed.

I don't believe in Inherited Sin. Each Soul starts with a clean, blank slate.

It is the Soul's job to correct the mind, when necessary. Such as when the education of the mind, relative to Right and Wrong is deficient in some way or another.

We were born with the sin nature because of Adam's sin. We see this fallen nature in our children before they even know right from wrong - it's there. When we are born again and redeemed God gives us a new heart / a new nature and we desire to obey God. It becomes most natural to obey God because we are restored back to his image and his likeness (Gen. 1:26) as we follow after His Son (after receiving Jesus as our Lord and Savior). What you are describing is not possible apart from God. We must be born again. As to the stain of sin, when we go to the Lord and ask forgiveness for a specific sin it is as if we never sinned. We are cleansed by the Blood of Jesus Christ and that sin is gone never to be remembered by God again, Mr. A. Did you read the link on suffering? What do you think? Could you identify with what the author was speaking about?
We were born with the sin nature because of Adam's sin.

we were born capable of sinning by nature or Adam [sic], not that we were born with sin.

Jere is correct. We are born in sin:
Psalm 51:5, “Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

Romans 5:12 says that sin entered the world through Adam, and death came through sin, because all sinned. As descendants of Adam, we received the sin nature passed down from our fathers. That makes us born in sin, with a natural inclination to do wrong.

+

I don't believe you can have a Positive place without a Negative one. Nor do I understand how you can have two different positive places.
That certainly narrows it down and I agree with you! There is only one positive and one negative. One heaven and one hell. That's it. Now all we have to do is establish who rules both and that is clearly God Almighty. He is the One who decides all matters concerning heaven and hell because He is the Creator of both. With that in mind, we should abide by His Salvation plan and His Word because we know that His Word will endure forever. We also know that God is love and that His plans for us are good. He loves us and He is looking out for our best interest always. The same cannot be said of Satan who is the enemy of all mankind. His goal is to destroy us but how can he manage to hide that fact? By introducing doctrines of devils, alternative plans of salvation. Anything to keep us from obeying God and believing Him. Isn't that always the bottom line with the devil? Should we trust our finite minds to determine what is right and what is wrong or should we go to the Word of God? Clearly we should go to the Word of God because things are not always what they appear to be, Mr. A.! Satan can come as an angel of light to deceive us. We have to depend on the Word of God.

BoJ, I've already made it quite clear I'm a "lost cause" for your Evangelism. Please stop wasting both our time. If you want to have a,conversation, great. If you're seeking a debate or a conversion, you won't find it here.

My, what big eyes grandma has, eh?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Grimms Fairy Tales are a wonderful read (in their original versions) but they're not religious or spiritual tomes, so I have no idea what value they have in this conversation.

BoJ, I've already made it quite clear I'm a "lost cause" for your Evangelism. Please stop wasting both our time. If you want to have a,conversation, great. If you're seeking a debate or a conversion, you won't find it here.
You are not a lost cause, Mr. A. and I assure you that I have not been wasting my time in having this dialogue with you here on this thread. I am very thankful that you were willing to talk about your experience and I believe you'll find in the coming days that the LORD does not see you as a "lost cause" either. As to the purpose of my thread, Repent or Perish, I find no grounds on which any could have a debate. The facts presented in the OP by Bill Larkin are not negotiable or material for a debate. Anyone who watches both those videos will know the truth of hell and the need for repentance before leaving this earth, to be self - evident. It's not up for debate.

As for conversion, your own posts here tell us that you had already been converted and then departed from the faith because you felt that God had let you down in some way.

One does not become unconverted, Mr. A. Backslidden, fallen away but once converted a person merely needs to return to the LORD. They don't have to be converted again. Indeed it is impossible to be converted twice.

As for your desire not to discuss your faith, you came to this thread and brought the subject up here about your own personal experience. If you find now that the truth is becoming uncomfortable I would suggest that you consider the possibility that the truth is coming forth and your deliverance is not too far away. If you want a conversation that does not include discussions about the Lord and repentance you'll find many threads on USMB to offer you that.

But this thread is about Repenting or perishing because time is running out. I'm wondering if you could have been on the titanic the last 10 minutes before it sank and disappeared to the bottom of the sea, what do you think the conversation would have been about? The Hampton's?

You sound very young (although your avatar and screen name implies the opposite) by what you've shared about yourself and it isn't unusual for young people to believe they have their whole lives in front of them to make important decisions such as being prepared for eternity. But the problem with that line of thinking is that young people die no differently than old people. When your time is up? It's up! My Pastor just attended the funeral of one of his relatives in another city last week. The boy who died? He was 20 years old. He went off into eternity at the age of 20.

To day is the day of salvation. Thank you for your participation on this discussion.

a place is different than a Spirit but for certain the same would apply where either may become pure as one or the other, positive or negative. that is the goal for a Spirit's admission to the Everlasting as you have indicated, Purity from Sin - The Triumph of Good vs Evil - there can be nothing between.

there is no reason for a negative place, its non existence is the solution.

it is presumptuous of christians that after Judgement they will reside with the Almighty, there are not two places simply Heaven is within the Everlasting.

Thread has had a light cleaning, just to remind y'all - Religion is Zone 2, posts must contain content relevant to the topic.

Forum List

Back