Repeated, Technical Knock Outs, to Win???

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
Making a living on disenfranchisement? It is CNN and not some internet rag that is putting this out....?

What ye say, the Obama Fans? Is this man really the Candidate of Change? I know you all that have been arguing this debate with me on various different threads have probably seen me as a pain in the butt on this subject, but I have always been taught that you fight tooth and nail for what you believe in and when you fail, you pick yourself up, and try again...

Hillary is the better/stronger candidate, Dems will lose in November, if Obama is our Candidate imo and I will believe this till proven otherwise....he is the weakest link....And it will come out as such, and we will be regretting not having Hillary in this electoral competition with Republicans.

In his first race for office, seeking a state Senate seat on Chicago's gritty South Side in 1996, Obama effectively used election rules to eliminate his Democratic competition.

As a community organizer, he had helped register thousands of voters. But when it came time to run for office, he employed Chicago rules to invalidate the voting petition signatures of three of his challengers.

The move denied each of them, including incumbent Alice Palmer, a longtime Chicago activist, a place on the ballot. It cleared the way for Obama to run unopposed on the Democratic ticket in a heavily Democrat district.

"That was Chicago politics," said John Kass, a veteran Chicago Tribune columnist. "Knock out your opposition, challenge their petitions, destroy your enemy, right? It is how Barack Obama destroyed his enemies back in 1996 that conflicts with his message today. He may have gotten his start registering thousands of voters. But in that first race, he made sure voters had just one choice."

Obama's challenge was perfectly legal, said Jay Stewart of the Chicago's Better Government Association. Although records of the challenges are no longer on file for review with the election board, Stewart said Obama is not the only politician to resort to petition challenges to eliminate the competition.

"He came from Chicago politics," Stewart said. "Politics ain't beanbag, as they say in Chicago. You play with your elbows up, and you're pretty tough and ruthless when you have to be. Sen. Obama felt that's what was necessary at the time, that's what he did. Does it fit in with the rhetoric now? Perhaps not."

The Obama campaign called this report "a hit job." It insisted that CNN talk to a state representative who supports Obama, because, according to an Obama spokesman, she would be objective. But when we called her, she said she can't recall details of petition challenges, who engineered them for the Obama campaign or why all the candidates were challenged.

Read the whole article: http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/29/obamas.first.campaign/index.html?eref=rss_politics

This is very interesting.

This continues to show that the Liberal wing of the Democratic Party will do anything to win.

This should be discussed more in the media, to further show that Obama is not ready for the Presidency. He wasn't even ready for a Senate seat. He has no experience, and this article shows that his thrust into politics was a fraud to begin with.

Now he doesn't want votes to count so he can win his next political office....

A strange pattern....

You've hit upon some of the points raised by noted conservative blogger Jon Swift - http://jonswift.blogspot.com/2008/05/barack-obama-should-concede-nomination.html

Unfortunately, I don't think Obama cares about the havoc that will be wrought if he denies Hillary the nomination. He has already divided the Democrats by insisting on prolonging his campaign until all the votes are counted. By forcing Democrats to choose between two candidates and stretching his campaign out to the end of the primary season, he has ripped the party apart,

Um, by all accounts he's FOS.

NPR was saying this evening that he thinks MI should favor him because Hillary broke the rule by staying on the ballot. I don't know if he really said that, but the DNC rule was that they could stay on the ballot.

This is very interesting.
This should be discussed more in the media, to further show that Obama is not ready for the Presidency. He wasn't even ready for a Senate seat.

A strange pattern....

I voted for Alan Keyes. I really don't think strangling that guy during a debate or taking on Dick Cheney's daughter for being gay should have counted against him. He moved to Illinois and everything.

then there is this too....that i just found when doing a google on 'obama financial backers''?

i hope you all realize that this will ALL be exploited to the best of the republicans ability in the General election....

do you all REALLY KNOW your candidate? DO YOU? Just don't get your hopes up.... he is no change in Washington dc, he is the insider, and has bastardized himself with the best in the political DC arena...but since he has ''played'' this uniter, change side in his campaign this crap WILL BE FAIR GAME

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/353829,CST-NWS-rez23.article

Obama, now a U.S. senator running for president, has come under fire over his friendship with Rezko, who was charged last fall with demanding kickbacks on state business deals under Gov. Blagojevich.

Much of the criticism has centered on two real estate deals involving Obama's South Side mansion. In the first, Obama paid $300,000 less than the asking price for a doctor's home, while Rezko's wife paid the doctor full price for the vacant lot next door. Then -- a few months before Rezko was indicted -- Obama bought part of that lot from Rezko's wife.

But Obama's ties with Rezko go beyond those two real estate sales and the political support, the Sun-Times found. Obama was an attorney with a small Chicago law firm -- Davis Miner Barnhill & Galland -- that helped Rezmar get more than $43 million in government funding to rehab 15 of their 30 apartment buildings for the poor.

Obama role unclear?

Just what legal work -- and how much -- Obama did on those deals is unknown. His campaign staff acknowledges he worked on some of them. But the Rezmar-related work amounted to just five hours over the six years it said Obama was affiliated with the law firm, the staff said in an e-mail in February.

Obama, however, was associated with the firm for more than nine years, his staff acknowledged Sunday in an e-mail response to questions submitted March 14 by the Sun-Times. They didn't say what deals he worked on -- or how much work he did.

and now, i look at mccains site and see this:
http://johmmccain.com/2008/05/29/at...ton-felt-%E2%80%98white%E2%80%99-entitlement/

At Obama’s Church, Chicago Minister Says Clinton Felt ‘White’ Entitlement
May 29, 2008 – 10:19 pm Another Chicago minister is causing headaches for Barack Obama after he gave a sermon Sunday at Obama’s church in which he said Hillary Clinton felt entitled to the presidency because she’s white.

Catholic pastor Michael Pfleger, who is white, issued a formal apology for his sermon Thursday after Obama put out a statement saying he was “deeply disappointed” by Pfleger’s remarks at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago.

“I regret the words I chose on Sunday. These words are inconsistent with Senator Obama’s life and message, and I am deeply sorry if they offended Senator Clinton or anyone else who saw them,” Pfleger said.

That was after a video of his sermon was posted on YouTube.

In it, Pfleger mocked Clinton for getting choked up on camera before the New Hampshire primary in January.

“When Hillary was crying … I really don’t believe it was put on. I really believe that she just always thought ‘This is mine. I’m Bill’s wife. I’m white. And this is mine’,” he said, shouting at times. “Then out of nowhere came, ‘Hey I’m Barack Obama’. And she said, ‘Oh damn! Where did you come from? I’m white! I’m entitled! There’s a black man stealing my show’!”

After that, he simulated Clinton crying and then said: “She wasn’t the only one crying. There was a whole lot of white people crying … I’m sorry. I don’t wanna get you in any more trouble. The live streaming just went out again.”

He also said at one point, “America has been raping people of color and America has to pay the price for the rape. “

The video was later posted on WorldNetDaily, which ran a story on the sermon.

The video was a reminder of the many sermons from Obama’s former pastor Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. that have dogged his campaign since March. In the videos, Wright described his country as institutionally racist and made disparaging comments toward Clinton that referenced the issue of race. Obama has rejected Wright’s controversial statements and his campaign issued a statement Thursday rejecting Pfleger’s.

“As I have traveled this country, I’ve been impressed not by what divides us, but by all that that unites us,” the statement said. “That is why I am deeply disappointed in Father Pfleger’s divisive, backward-looking rhetoric, which doesn’t reflect the country I see or the desire of people across America to come together in common cause.”

Pfleger is not a member of Obama’s church, but Trinity United confirmed he was a guest at the church Sunday.

Pfleger’s support of Obama is well known in Chicago, and an Obama aide confirmed Pfleger contributed to Obama’s state Senate campaign during his years in the Illinois legislature.

The aide told FOX News that when Obama was a state Senator in 2000, he secured a $100,000 earmark for the ARK Community Center, a center attached to Pfleger’s St. Sabina church. The aide said the initiative was awarded to help keep at risk kids off the streets by giving them a place to play.

Pfleger was also once a member of the Catholics for Obama Committee, which is a voluntary advisory committee to the Obama campaign, the aide said. But the aide said Pfleger decided to step down a few weeks ago from this committee, though the campaign did not request the resignation.

Click here to read the article on Pfleger in WorldNetDaily and see part of his sermon.

Click here to see more of Pfleger’s sermon at Obama’s church.

FOX News’ Jeff Goldblatt contributed to this report.

and i hear on dan abrahms that FOX has been playing the tape of this all day, so then i flip to cnn and i see the video of the priest at obama's church and all the parishioners clapping and cheering his hatred and his sexism and mocking of hillary.....man of man....:(

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this priest was another religious advisor of obamas and he just had to quit too....and OF COURSE Obama is denouncing this, but when is it going to stop?

now they are talking about obama playing real DIRTY IN CHICAGO.....on cnn?

PLEASE wake up! :(

then right after

First Hillary supporters say he's not strong enough to run up against McCain...now when you find "evidence" that he can play Hillary's game too, you say that contradicts what he's saying now..... please please get over it and let’s unite...you can protest..you can google and find as much dirt on Obama as you want.. but the majority of American Democrats, even some Hillary supporters now realize this...have voted for Obama, hence why he is ahead in the delegate count, pop count, state count....

It’s ok for Hillary to play dirty...but if anybody else does it's ludicrous, alert the media.... I can't wait until this month is over...so Hillary supporters can either vote Democratic or stay home and suffer the consequences.

I can't wait until this month is over...so Hillary supporters can either vote Democratic or stay home and suffer the consequences.

Honey, most of us aren't going to do either of those things. We're going to vote McCain, the better of the two people who will be on the ticket.

:clap2: Great! Just get over the fact that Hillary will not be on the ticket and start campaigning for McCain if that’s your choice!

Honey, most of us aren't going to do either of those things. We're going to vote McCain, the better of the two people who will be on the ticket.

I am not one of those, I won't be voting Mccain....i don't trust him either, and i am not totally trusting of hillary, but i know not to totally trust her, so i feel my feet are still on firm ground! hahahahahaha! :eusa_whistle:

Care

First Hillary supporters say he's not strong enough to run up against McCain...now when you find "evidence" that he can play Hillary's game too, you say that contradicts what he's saying now..... please please get over it and let’s unite...you can protest..you can google and find as much dirt on Obama as you want.. but the majority of American Democrats, even some Hillary supporters now realize this...have voted for Obama, hence why he is ahead in the delegate count, pop count, state count....

It’s ok for Hillary to play dirty...but if anybody else does it's ludicrous, alert the media.... I can't wait until this month is over...so Hillary supporters can either vote Democratic or stay home and suffer the consequences.

Do you ever post ANYTHING with some form of substantiation? "The majority of American Democrats ..." Bullshit. Hillary's been disenfranchised of votes in two states and the only way Obama will agree to allow any of them to count is he gets some when in fact he got and should get NONE.

Hillary won the popular vote here in Texas by a wide margin and Obama voters stayed all night caucusing to disenfranchise the majority.

Democrats don't have to stay home and suffer. They can stay home and send you and your candidate home as well. Perhaps you might consider THAT little fact before coming on here running your suck out your ass and trashtalking Hillary and her supporters.

:clap2: Great! Just get over the fact that Hillary will not be on the ticket and start campaigning for McCain if that’s your choice!

No thanks. I'll wait until Clinton either bows out, or loses at the convention. I have nothing to gain by campaigning for McCain now. I'd rather watch Obama dig himself deeper.

then there is this too....that i just found when doing a google on 'obama financial backers''?

i hope you all realize that this will ALL be exploited to the best of the republicans ability in the General election....

do you all REALLY KNOW your candidate? DO YOU? Just don't get your hopes up.... he is no change in Washington dc, he is the insider, and has bastardized himself with the best in the political DC arena...but since he has ''played'' this uniter, change side in his campaign this crap WILL BE FAIR GAME

Care, most of us on this site who support Obama have already heard about Rezko, his Illinois senate campaign, and Rev. Wright. This is not new information. It was brought up months ago. We still think he is the best candidate. It isn't as if Clinton (or McCain) don't have skeletons in their closets. If you do not wish to vote for him, that is fine and I respect your decision, but don't think that those who have decided to vote for him are just hoodwinked rubes caught up in a deified notion of Barack Obama. We know about him and we think he is the best candidate to be President.

At the end of the day, he will be the Democratic candidate. You and any other Clinton backers just need to decide if you can support him.

Care, most of us on this site who support Obama have already heard about Rezko, his Illinois senate campaign, and Rev. Wright. This is not new information. It was brought up months ago. We still think he is the best candidate. It isn't as if Clinton (or McCain) don't have skeletons in their closets. If you do not wish to vote for him, that is fine and I respect your decision, but don't think that those who have decided to vote for him are just hoodwinked rubes caught up in a deified notion of Barack Obama. We know about him and we think he is the best candidate to be President.

At the end of the day, he will be the Democratic candidate. You and any other Clinton backers just need to decide if you can support him.

Why not? You Liberals keep claiming anyone that voted for Bush was stupid or hoodwinked. And before I get the " I never said that" I notice you NEVER say anything when your Buddies say it.

Why not? You Liberals keep claiming anyone that voted for Bush was stupid or hoodwinked. And before I get the " I never said that" I notice you NEVER say anything when your Buddies say it.

Fair enough, and I acknowledge that every candidate has some followers who are hoodwinked into seeing what they want to see and believing what they want to believe, all evidence to the contrary. However, to make that general statement to the majority of those who support Bush, Clinton, McCain or Obama is stupid.

Obama will win the opportunity to become president through the delegate count. If he loses to McSame so be it. As Americans prove often the best person does not always get elected. Consider only the current adminstration, the worst in history actually elected the second time. If the majority go for McLame then the majority get what they deserve and 'deserve' is open to speculation.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill

Yeah, sure, I agree most of his supporters have heard it and don't care at all that it absolutely contradicts his campaign message....

HOWEVER, the General public has not been exposed to it all and you can damn well be certain that America and the entire public will be shown these tapes of Wright and tapes of this New Gay sounding Priest that mocked Hillary in the most sexist and Racist manner, insighting racism actually with the over zealous clapping crowd of parishioners agreeing with the Scumbag Priest, who was Obama's advisor for Catholics until a couple of days ago, in the middle of Obama's church this past Sunday for GOODNESS SAKES and talk on Ayres, Farrakhan, and Wright and Rezko etc will be blasted DAY AND NIGHT on the television with ads showing the company that Obama keeps and sleeps with....

Then our entire country explodes....with Whites calling racism on these blacks and all blacks for only supporting Obama against any white person, and racism on all of the hatefull...political sermons that they have seen repeatedly as Black Churches...like Obama's... insighting hatred towards whites on a daily basis....

you bet you got trouble here....a divide among blacks and whites and Hillary was NOT the one that started it....Reverend Wright's statements brought it on and has been there for decades....bashing the White man of today.

I can understand that racism towards black Americans is still present as with many different types of racisms out there, but moreso imo for their community... and I understand that Rev Wright comes from an era where things were absolutely horrible in our land and i was even a witness to the prejudices and bigotry that took place a few times in my youth a while after the civil rights act passed....but to preach his message in a House of God is something that I have never experience and I personally am absolutely NOT COMFORTABLE WITH at all....I have never been in a Church that preached hate Blacky or Hate anyone, so I would have never expected to see a Church preach hate Whitey...which is how his sermons come off...

But I accept that I have not been the one that has personally been discriminated against, where as those of the reverend Wright's day did experience it ....

and that they are SINNERS, including the minister, for not FORGIVING as Christ would do....it gives resolution and peace in one's heart and allows one to move forward with no bitterness holding them back....

What this second Sermon shows, made by the Priest, is that Obama's Church seems to be something other than a Place of Worship of God and Christ, more like a place to gather to discuss politics, and insight hatred....but who am I to judge, huh?

the country will not be as blind or forgiving of Obama and the company he has kept...key states will be his downfall....Al Gore won the popular vote, but he lost the election....

the election will be won by the Electoral College....and Hillary is the Stronger Candidate. :D

btw, he now needs about 75-100 more super delegates to win i believe, if you ad in half of fla and michigan in to the pic and some other speculations or something like that....is what i heard on cnn?

BTW, what is the rush on having this decided this week........? I really don't get this at all....there have been many, many candidates that were farther behind that Hillary, that got to go to the convention, and the Winner chosen there?

What is the rush, other than your candidate having the possibility of losing through the super delegates? Wasn;t the Convention Designed and Meant to be the place where the Candidate is Chosen, or am I missing something?

Care

I do think that anyone who voted for Bush has a small claim to immortality - they voted for the worst president in the history of our democratic republic.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=9XyVSeNHYak&feature=related[/ame]

Yeah, sure, I agree most of his supporters have heard it and don't care at all that it absolutely contradicts his campaign message....

HOWEVER, the General public has not been exposed to it all and you can damn well be certain that America and the entire public will be shown these tapes of Wright and tapes of this New Gay sounding Priest that mocked Hillary in the most sexist and Racist manner, insighting racism actually with the over zealous clapping crowd of parishioners agreeing with the Scumbag Priest, who was Obama's advisor for Catholics until a couple of days ago, in the middle of Obama's church this past Sunday for GOODNESS SAKES and talk on Ayres, Farrakhan, and Wright and Rezko etc will be blasted DAY AND NIGHT on the television with ads showing the company that Obama keeps and sleeps with....

Then our entire country explodes....with Whites calling racism on these blacks and all blacks for only supporting Obama against any white person, and racism on all of the hatefull...political sermons that they have seen repeatedly as Black Churches...like Obama's... insighting hatred towards whites on a daily basis....

you bet you got trouble here....a divide among blacks and whites and Hillary was NOT the one that started it....Reverend Wright's statements brought it on and has been there for decades....bashing the White man of today.

I can understand that racism towards black Americans is still present as with many different types of racisms out there, but moreso imo for their community... and I understand that Rev Wright comes from an era where things were absolutely horrible in our land and i was even a witness to the prejudices and bigotry that took place a few times in my youth a while after the civil rights act passed....but to preach his message in a House of God is something that I have never experience and I personally am absolutely NOT COMFORTABLE WITH at all....I have never been in a Church that preached hate Blacky or Hate anyone, so I would have never expected to see a Church preach hate Whitey...which is how his sermons come off...

But I accept that I have not been the one that has personally been discriminated against, where as those of the reverend Wright's day did experience it ....

and that they are SINNERS, including the minister, for not FORGIVING as Christ would do....it gives resolution and peace in one's heart and allows one to move forward with no bitterness holding them back....

What this second Sermon shows, made by the Priest, is that Obama's Church seems to be something other than a Place of Worship of God and Christ, more like a place to gather to discuss politics, and insight hatred....but who am I to judge, huh?

the country will not be as blind or forgiving of Obama and the company he has kept...key states will be his downfall....Al Gore won the popular vote, but he lost the election....

the election will be won by the Electoral College....and Hillary is the Stronger Candidate. :D

btw, he now needs about 75-100 more super delegates to win i believe, if you ad in half of fla and michigan in to the pic and some other speculations or something like that....is what i heard on cnn?

BTW, what is the rush on having this decided this week........? I really don't get this at all....there have been many, many candidates that were farther behind that Hillary, that got to go to the convention, and the Winner chosen there?

What is the rush, other than your candidate having the possibility of losing through the super delegates? Wasn;t the Convention Designed and Meant to be the place where the Candidate is Chosen, or am I missing something?

Care

I think ever the majority of the American public is well aware of Wright, although it doesn't seem to have hurt Obama too much. He has a teflon quality about him.

I don't think that the US is going to devolve into a racial war over his candidacy. McCain seems like a decent person, and I don't think it would even help him to play the race card too strongly. This rugged primary campaign has helped Obama by airing these things in the media long before the general. By August (if not already today), this will essentially be old news.

You my dear are the reason we should get this wrapped up. Perhaps at one time, the purpose of the conventions was to choose the candidate, but it hasn't been that way for some time. More important than the convention is the task of unifying the democratic party. I think this can be done even if this goes to the convention, but it will be easier the more time that the Democrats have to rally around their candidate and place the focus on McCain. If, as I suspect, Obama has very little chance of losing the nomination even in the event it drags on until the convention, then why go through the time and hassle and acrimony. Better to wrap it up sooner, get everyone on the same page, and start planning for the general. The most important thing is for the democrats to be on the same page in November.

Forum List

Back