Repealing the second amendment...

Well that’s a pretty lame argument. I guess it all depends on the law. But of course there’s the fact that some laws could decrease violence which would be the point
Actually more frivolous laws only hurt law abiding people... Criminal control not gun control
Crime control is fine but doesn’t have anything to with the question if gun control reduces violence. I’d say our gun laws, for the most part, reduces access and takes guns and fire power out of more criminal hands than law abiding citizens. If that’s the case then it would likely be a factor in reducing violence. I don’t think you are making a strong argument at all
Enforce current laws, new frivolous laws will not save a single soul....
At one point the current laws were the “new frivolous laws” and you were probably saying the same bullshit you are saying now. So now you want to enforce them?
The current laws are not being enforced, criminal control not gun control
The vast majority of violent criminals are repeat offenders... making firearms harder for law abiding people to purchase is not good for anyone but violent criminals.
Increase punishment is the logical thing to do.

Well that’s a pretty lame argument. I guess it all depends on the law. But of course there’s the fact that some laws could decrease violence which would be the point
Actually more frivolous laws only hurt law abiding people... Criminal control not gun control
Crime control is fine but doesn’t have anything to with the question if gun control reduces violence. I’d say our gun laws, for the most part, reduces access and takes guns and fire power out of more criminal hands than law abiding citizens. If that’s the case then it would likely be a factor in reducing violence. I don’t think you are making a strong argument at all

You mean except for actual research on the topic of gun control and reducing violence?

Gun control doesn’t reduce crime, violence, say studies

The National Academy of Sciences issued a 328-page report based on 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications, a survey of 80 different gun-control laws and some of its own independent study.

In short, the panel could find no link between restrictions on gun ownership and lower rates of crime, firearms violence or even accidents with guns.

And how about Britain...they banned and confiscated guns....and their gun crime rate has only gone up.....27% across the whole country last year, and up 42% in London alone, and their violent crime rate is higher than ours and going up....

How do you explain that since they banned guns.....? Kind of makes your point kinda silly....
No I think my point makes perfect sense. Criminals and crimes are always going to exist. Question is do we want to make it harder for them to access firepower or not? I’d rather a criminal have a pistol over a machine gun. I’d rather a criminal have a knife over a pistol. I’d rather a criminal have to seek out these weapons on the black market instead of be able to easily purchase at a store. #commonsense

Nothing you guys propose achieves this. If you want to do what you say you want to do...stop punishing normal gun owners....and pass sentencing laws for gun criminals, actual gun criminals, who use guns for rape, robbery and murder....30-life for any crime where a gun is used....30-life if you are a prohibited criminal and are caught with a gun....this is how Japan stopped their Yakuza from shooting each other.....we need to do this...

Anything else is simply baby step gun confiscation....
So, we house this ever increasing prison population at public expense--and you think it will solve something? It hasn't yet.

Universal background checks and the elimination of untraceable private sales only makes sense. I'm a gun owner and a staunch believer in the 2nd. I believe that the ole' their coming to take our guns' is nothing but manipulation. Anyone with any sense can see that that is not going to happen. Thus, it is just a tired political rallying cry and a right-wing litmus test...nothing more.

Let's cut to the chase, shall we? Folks who want no controls at all of gun ownership say that they are the last check and balance on the Govt.. That their being armed is a guarantee against govt. excess and over-reach.
How absurd is that? If the govt. came after someone..they are nothing but f'ked--no matter how many guns they have...the govt. has more, bigger and used by people with better training.

If one is not a criminal or a crazy...undergoing a background check upon purchasing their weapon should pose no issue.

You mean except for actual research on the topic of gun control and reducing violence?

The National Academy of Sciences issued a 328-page report based on 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications, a survey of 80 different gun-control laws and some of its own independent study.

In short, the panel could find no link between restrictions on gun ownership and lower rates of crime, firearms violence or even accidents with guns.

And how about Britain...they banned and confiscated guns....and their gun crime rate has only gone up.....27% across the whole country last year, and up 42% in London alone, and their violent crime rate is higher than ours and going up....

How do you explain that since they banned guns.....? Kind of makes your point kinda silly....
No I think my point makes perfect sense. Criminals and crimes are always going to exist. Question is do we want to make it harder for them to access firepower or not? I’d rather a criminal have a pistol over a machine gun. I’d rather a criminal have a knife over a pistol. I’d rather a criminal have to seek out these weapons on the black market instead of be able to easily purchase at a store. #commonsense

Nothing you guys propose achieves this. If you want to do what you say you want to do...stop punishing normal gun owners....and pass sentencing laws for gun criminals, actual gun criminals, who use guns for rape, robbery and murder....30-life for any crime where a gun is used....30-life if you are a prohibited criminal and are caught with a gun....this is how Japan stopped their Yakuza from shooting each other.....we need to do this...

So, we house this ever increasing prison population at public expense--and you think it will solve something? It hasn't yet.

Universal background checks and the elimination of untraceable private sales only makes sense. I'm a gun owner and a staunch believer in the 2nd. I believe that the ole' their coming to take our guns' is nothing but manipulation. Anyone with any sense can see that that is not going to happen. Thus, it is just a tired political rallying cry and a right-wing litmus test...nothing more.

Let's cut to the chase, shall we? Folks who want no controls at all of gun ownership say that they are the last check and balance on the Govt.. That their being armed is a guarantee against govt. excess and over-reach.
How absurd is that? If the govt. came after someone..they are nothing but f'ked--no matter how many guns they have...the govt. has more, bigger and used by people with better training.

If one is not a criminal or a crazy...undergoing a background check upon purchasing their weapon should pose no issue.
Shit for brains, Our military and law-enforcement are overwhelmingly pro second amendment. They would never go for firearm confiscation, That would result in millions on both sides dying. Universal background checks are for spineless control freaks like yourself. There is a reason why your so called universal background checks were slapped down, spineless fuckers like yourselves try to control everybody.
Violent criminals should be put down that’s how you limit population in prisons

You don't understand the issue...we are not locking people up. Because of democrat policies on crime, we are repeatedly releasing violent gun offenders back onto the streets, often with less than 3 years served for repeat gun offenses...that is the problem.

Please explain how universal background checks will stop criminals and mass shooters from getting and using guns, since the current federal background checks can't stop them right now.

Do you understand that criminals use straw buyers....people who can pass federally mandated background checks to buy their guns...so any universal background check for a private sale will also be passed by these same straw buyers...do you understand that?

Do you believe that the attempt by Hawaii to take guns away from medicianal medical pot users was a manipulation...or the 9th circuit and 4th circuit courts of appeal rulings were manipulations? Or how about the New York safe act that is a defacto gun confiscation program if you fail to recerify your gun license....how about that?

You don't know what you are talking about, you don't understand the issues beyond a superficial emotional understanding pushed by anti gunners....

Shit for brains, Our military and law-enforcement are overwhelmingly pro second amendment. They would never go for firearm confiscation, That would result in millions on both sides dying. Universal background checks are for spineless control freaks like yourself. There is a reason why your so called universal background checks were slapped down, spineless fuckers like yourselves try to control everybody.
***yawn***
Not much real to say huh? Reading comprehension could use a little boost as well. I believe I said that confiscation of guns is a non-starter--but your knee-jerk no doubt got in the way of what passes for your intelligence. I'm tired of children paying the price for your penis substitute. Anything that limits criminals and crazies from gun ownership is fine with me. If that includes you..oh well.

BTW..as a retired Veteran with combat time--you're full of shit if you think that the military is all about zero controls on private gun ownership...I took a bit of a poll at the VA hospital a few months ago..a little more than half present favored background checks. The reason that there are no universal checks..despite the majority of Americans favoring them..has more to do with the NRA and the gun lobby in general..along with gerrymandering.

But I wouldn't expect you to appreciate nuance..or facts. Just keep regurgitating the NRA talking points...You'll do fine.

You don't understand the issue...we are not locking people up. Because of democrat policies on crime, we are repeatedly releasing violent gun offenders back onto the streets, often with less than 3 years served for repeat gun offenses...that is the problem.

Please explain how universal background checks will stop criminals and mass shooters from getting and using guns, since the current federal background checks can't stop them right now.

Do you understand that criminals use straw buyers....people who can pass federally mandated background checks to buy their guns...so any universal background check for a private sale will also be passed by these same straw buyers...do you understand that?

Do you believe that the attempt by Hawaii to take guns away from medicianal medical pot users was a manipulation...or the 9th circuit and 4th circuit courts of appeal rulings were manipulations? Or how about the New York safe act that is a defacto gun confiscation program if you fail to recerify your gun license....how about that?

You don't know what you are talking about, you don't understand the issues beyond a superficial emotional understanding pushed by anti gunners....
I do understand that no system is perfect..and nothing will stop straw buys. That is no reason not to do what we can. Need to re-certify..so re-certify. Obey the law..and keep your gun. As for violent criminal getting out after minimal time..I can only speak for my State..in Idaho..if you go to prison as a violent offender..and if you are a violent offender, you will go to prison--you're going to be there for a while..if you have a gun enhancement..you will be there for long while.

I do understand that no system is perfect..and nothing will stop straw buys. That is no reason not to do what we can. Need to re-certify..so re-certify. Obey the law..and keep your gun. As for violent criminal getting out after minimal time..I can only speak for my State..in Idaho..if you go to prison as a violent offender..and if you are a violent offender, you will go to prison--you're going to be there for a while..if you have a gun enhancement..you will be there for long while.

The only reason anti gun leadership wants universal background checks is so they can push for universal gun registration, and people like you, who do not understand the issue, don't understand this sequence.

***yawn***
Not much real to say huh? Reading comprehension could use a little boost as well. I believe I said that confiscation of guns is a non-starter--but your knee-jerk no doubt got in the way of what passes for your intelligence. I'm tired of children paying the price for your penis substitute. Anything that limits criminals and crazies from gun ownership is fine with me. If that includes you..oh well.

BTW..as a retired Veteran with combat time--you're full of shit if you think that the military is all about zero controls on private gun ownership...I took a bit of a poll at the VA hospital a few months ago..a little more than half present favored background checks. The reason that there are no universal checks..despite the majority of Americans favoring them..has more to do with the NRA and the gun lobby in general..along with gerrymandering.

But I wouldn't expect you to appreciate nuance..or facts. Just keep regurgitating the NRA talking points...You'll do fine.
Universal background checks are dog whistle for firearm confiscation.
Blame the criminals not the firearms, firearms have no control over people.
Do you have penis on the brain? You guys always go there why is that? Envy?
The vast majority of violent criminals are repeat offenders and do not buy their firearms legally, and they certainly don’t buy them from gun shows/private, You silly fucks watch too much Hollywood movies.

I sell firearms and ammo for a living, my best customers are military, police and firemen easily. They are not in agreement with universal background checks, they want more criminal control. End of story
Both parties equally gerrymander shit you stupid fucker. Lol
More frivolous gun laws just hurt law-abiding people, that’s why criminals are in favor of them.
The NRA are nowhere near hardline enough… It is a good thing that the anti-gun nutters like yourself dislike them... I guess.

Believing the whole Straw buyer thing that’s just dog whistle for gun confiscation, The vast majority of violent criminals are repeat offenders they steal their firearms they don’t buy them dumbass. Violent criminals should be put down that’s how you control criminals

***yawn***

Yes, typical anti gunner....immediately go to the "gun is a penis" comparison......moron.

The reason the majority of people answer polling questions about background checks the way they do is they don't understand the issue and the question isn't honest.

The question is not..."Do you favor universal background checks if it requires universal gun registration?" And there is no question that points out..."Do you realize that universal gun registration has led to gun confiscation in Germany, Britain, Australia, Canada, California and New York, and now that you know this, do you favor universal background checks which will require universal gun registration?"

Ask you buddies, if they exist, those questions....then get back to us.

The only reason anti gun leadership wants universal background checks is so they can push for universal gun registration, and people like you, who do not understand the issue, don't understand this sequence.
Do not confuse disagreement with a lack of understanding. I get it..I just don't agree with the premise. I do get that, over time..as new weapons are purchased and old ones are sold..that a de facto database of gun owners will be compiled...the longer the law remained in effect..the more complete the database.

I have no issues with this..in fact..gun registration does not bother me. Fundamentally, the concept that the govt. will come one day and take everyone guns...is a non-starter. I do not believe that it will happen...or at least, I think the odds so small--that the risk to our populace is greater by not doing anything..over time.

I believe that an armed populace is essential for being the last line of defense in our country against foreign aggression and invasion. I do not believe that gun ownership is any deterrent to govt. malfeasance.

There is no threat to the second amendment. I've been hearing for 50 years how the boogeyman is going to take away my guns. Best thing I ever did is give up my nra membership.

Do not confuse disagreement with a lack of understanding. I get it..I just don't agree with the premise. I do get that, over time..as new weapons are purchased and old ones are sold..that a de facto database of gun owners will be compiled...the longer the law remained in effect..the more complete the database.

I have no issues with this..in fact..gun registration does not bother me. Fundamentally, the concept that the govt. will come one day and take everyone guns...is a non-starter. I do not believe that it will happen...or at least, I think the odds so small--that the risk to our populace is greater by not doing anything..over time.

I believe that an armed populace is essential for being the last line of defense in our country against foreign aggression and invasion. I do not believe that gun ownership is any deterrent to govt. malfeasance.

The Germans, the British, the Australian gun owners thought the same thing...and then they came for the guns when they had the political power to do it...using those registration lists.....the same thing has happened with registration lists in California and New York.....history shows you are wrong.

There is no threat to the second amendment. I've been hearing for 50 years how the boogeyman is going to take away my guns. Best thing I ever did is give up my nra membership.

Wrong....a hilary Presidency would have been the end of the 2nd Amendment.....we currently have a 4th circuit court of appeals ruling on rifles which states that any weapon that might have miltiary application is not protected by the second amendment....

https://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/Opinions/Published/141945A.P.pdf

That is, we are convinced that the banned assault weapons and large-capacity magazines are among those arms that are “like” “M-16 rifles” — “weapons that are most useful in military service” — which the Heller Court singled out as being beyond the Second Amendment’s reach.

Heller didn't state any such thing...and if this ruling stands then all guns are subject to bans and confiscations...and had hilary appointed the latest Justice then this would stand and states could start banning and confiscating any gun they wanted......from revolvers, to bolt action rifles to pump action shotguns...and most definitely all semi auto pistols......

***yawn***

Yes, typical anti gunner....immediately go to the "gun is a penis" comparison......moron.

The reason the majority of people answer polling questions about background checks the way they do is they don't understand the issue and the question isn't honest.

The question is not..."Do you favor universal background checks if it requires universal gun registration?" And there is no question that points out..."Do you realize that universal gun registration has led to gun confiscation in Germany, Britain, Australia, Canada, California and New York, and now that you know this, do you favor universal background checks which will require universal gun registration?"

Damn..it's as though I'm shouting into a well...I'm not an 'anti-gunner' are you stupid..or is it just that you can't read? I own 3 guns..and support the 2nd. Idiots..sheesh!
I will put it to you that most of us DO understand..and reject your premise...period. I reject your slanted characterizations and I reject your comparisons of the United States to other countries. Last I checked There were tens of millions of guns legally owned in California...quite a few in New York as well. Because some losers get their weapons taken..most because they break the law..does NOT validate your argument.

That there are abuses..notably the failure to return confiscated weapons to lawful owners does NOT validate your argument. No system is perfect..and you will always find some problem. So?

***yawn***

Damn..it's as though I'm shouting into a well...I'm not an 'anti-gunner' are you stupid..or is it just that you can't read? I own 3 guns..and support the 2nd. Idiots..sheesh!
I will put it to you that most of us DO understand..and reject your premise...period. I reject your slanted characterizations and I reject your comparisons of the United States to other countries. Last I checked There were tens of millions of guns legally owned in California...quite a few in New York as well. Because some losers get their weapons taken..most because they break the law..does NOT validate your argument.

That there are abuses..notably the failure to return confiscated weapons to lawful owners does NOT validate your argument. No system is perfect..and you will always find some problem. So?

You are a fool. Baby step confiscation is baby steps to confiscation...moron.......if they have the power they will outlaw guns.....they are going to take legally owned guns from law abiding gun owners in New York if they miss a licensing deadline...guns that are already in possession of the law abiding gun owners......you are a moron, you don't understand the issue......

***yawn***

The pro universal background checks anti-gun nutters don’t even understand the difference between a sporting rifle and a military grade weapon.
Their ignorance is astounding, the federal government/deep state know through firearm confiscation/single payer/believe in man made climate change is the only way to control the American individual. The goal of socialism is to eliminate any sort of freedom and individuality.

Trying to understand fellas like him is a lost cause...

***yawn***

Universal background checks are dog whistle for firearm confiscation.
Blame the criminals not the firearms, firearms have no control over people.
Do you have penis on the brain? You guys always go there why is that? Envy?
The vast majority of violent criminals are repeat offenders and do not buy their firearms legally, and they certainly don’t buy them from gun shows/private, You silly fucks watch too much Hollywood movies.

I sell firearms and ammo for a living, my best customers are military, police and firemen easily. They are not in agreement with universal background checks, they want more criminal control. End of story
Both parties equally gerrymander shit you stupid fucker. Lol
More frivolous gun laws just hurt law-abiding people, that’s why criminals are in favor of them.
The NRA are nowhere near hardline enough… It is a good thing that the anti-gun nutters like yourself dislike them... I guess.
Again..are you truly stupid..or is it that you cannot read? You RW freaks trip me out. I've stated about 4 times now that I own guns..and support the 2nd. Thus, not anti-gun. Because I think you are wrong..and incredibly slanted in your arguments..does not make me against the 2nd. It is NOT your way or the highway.

I dislike the NRA because they use fools like you to garner money for other fools in office.

Again Zippo threat to my hunting rifles. Never had been. I don't care who is in charge. Where do you folks farmer this trash up from?

***yawn***

The people that live in the red area are pro second amendment, the people that live in the blue areas are like you... control freaks
The divide in this country is urban and rural, everything else is secondary...

What works in the blue areas certainly does not work in the red areas, thank God for the electoral college.
election-2016-county-map.png

Forum List

Back