Repeal the XXII Amendment.

Repell the XXII amendment.

• YES repell it.

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • NO leave it alone.

Votes: 24 88.9%

• Total voters
Why in the hell would you want to repeal that one?... you guys are all about term limits... and I agree with you on that.

Talk about one out of left field.

Why in the hell would you want to repeal that one?... you guys are all about term limits... and I agree with you on that.

Talk about one out of left field.

I am OPPOSED to term limits other then the will of the people as STATED by the US Constitution. If the people were dumb enough to want Clinton for 3 or 4 terms they should have gotten to vote for him.

The people are the decider of term limits via the VOTE.

George Washington set the precedence for two terms for President. Even though it was not specifically set out in the Constitution all the succeeding Presidents followed that precedence until FDR came along. And it was because of FDR that the amendment was instituted by these United States as allowed bu the US Constitution.

We do not want a career President. Look at Castro. It is good for the country to get new leadership ever 4 or 8 years, giving a new perspective in that office.

I would tend to agree and do not like term limits myself but repealing an amendment is a major deal and I cannot see the benefits of doing so. If the president is limited to two terms then so be it. Would you honestly be okay with a 4 term Obama?

I'm opposed to term limits. To me, it always reminds me of something Dennis Miller said in the days when he was still funny... that basically, term limits are saying "stop me before i vote again".

while there is an advantage to incumbancy, and i understand why some people like term limits, i think if you're happy with the person representing you, you should be able to keep them representing you.

but you do know that if there were no presidential term limits, bill clinton would be president again, right?

I'm opposed to term limits. To me, it always reminds me of something Dennis Miller said in the days when he was still funny... that basically, term limits are saying "stop me before i vote again".

while there is an advantage to incumbancy, and i understand why some people like term limits, i think if you're happy with the person representing you, you should be able to keep them representing you.

but you do know that if there were no presidential term limits, bill clinton would be president again, right?

I personally do not believe he would have survived the Housing crash. And that him as President would have ensured a Republican Congress. Bill Clinton knew when he had to work with the Opposing party as Obama doe NOT know when to.

I personally do not believe he would have survived the Housing crash. And that him as President would have ensured a Republican Congress. Bill Clinton knew when he had to work with the Opposing party as Obama doe NOT know when to.

the economy wouldn't have crashed if bush and the repubs weren't in power because the de-regulation wouldn't have occurred and there wouldn't have been two wars of choice at the same time as the bush tax cuts.

i think uncle bill would have done just fine.

Why did FDR feel that he was so special? Why didn't he step down after two terms?

why should he have. he clearly thought he was doing a better job than his opponents and apparently, voters thought so, too.

kind of a weird question, imo.

He had 120 years of history to look at in reference to max terms in office. I would have figured that he would have stepped down after his second term out of respect for the office.

I did repelling when I was in boy scouts way back when. Scared the snot out of me as we did it on a cliff over the Pacific ocean. It looks way cool when you see all the soldiers doing it on the military recruitment ads. But it is not for me.

I think I could repell it no problem, as it can't be too tall.

I think we should bring term limits to congress, as otherwise they seem to get into the attitudes of the french aristocracy. John Kerry is supposedly a really bad offender in this regard.

Assuming there would have BEEN a housing crash under Clinton.

I personally, am happy with the XXII.

Screw that

Repeal the Third Amendment

The Government needs the right to quarter soldiers in our houses. It is the patriotic thing to do

Before we repeal the XII Amendment, we should look at the repeal of the XVII amendment that allows for the popular election of the Senate. When the Constitution was set up the Senate was to represent the States and the House to represent the people. Therefore, both the States and the People had representation in the Federal Congress. With the adoption of the XVII Amendment the representation of the states was eliminated, therefore the States have no say in the decisions made in the Federal Congress.

Although I agree that the XXII Amendment needs to be repealed, it is of greater importance that the rights of the States be reinstuted first.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back