Repeal the 4th Amendment

Say, I see you live in D.C. Si Modo. I have toured the sites 6 times in my life.

Have you ever toured the Archives where they have the Original 12 AM's on display?
I really need to get to the Arhives more. I've only been there for their concerts (great stuff) and to look over charts and maps a couple of times.

Note to self: Go again soon.

They have a 1296 copy of the Magna Carta. Ross Perot once owned it, sold it, and I believe the new owner gave it to the Archives, or it is on permanent loan?

As I am sure you know, the 1st 2 AM's sent to the states did not get ratified, so we back them up 2, the 1st was actually the 3rd Article, and the 4th was actually the 6th, etc.

The Declaration is badly faded, but the Original 7 Articles are in tact fairly well.

At Jefferson's Monticello, hanging on the wall is an 1820 or so Copy of the Declaration, in very good shape. About 26 Dunlap Broadsides still exist today, including the one just found in an English library a few years back.
No, I did not know that! Thanks for telling me. I (almost) never fail to pick up something new here.

No, I did not know that! Thanks for telling me. I (almost) never fail to pick up something new here.

About 15-20 years ago, a man in Philly bought a small picture at a flea market or such for about 5 bucks. When he got it home he took off the back and Lo and behold there was a Dunlap Broadside. It was authenticated and he auctioned it off for I believe over 3 million.

Why can't I stumble on something like that??

Security, or freedom? Isn't that the issue?
The important point in my mind is, DNA evidence is most probative in crimes against a person.
Yup. That's the big balancing act, here. But, we still can get DNA with a warrant. I am beyond uncomfortable with that check, one mandated by the 4th, being eliminated.

In California, Prop. 69 was approved by the people, not passed by the legislature and signed by the goverernor. It was added to the Ca. Constitution, and not as implied in the OP an act of big government.
If the USSC were to overule 69, might that not be an example of big government (overruling the people)?
Consider too, that some felons required by 69 to submit their DNA based on an arrest only, may be (and have been) found to have left DNA at prior crimes, including rapes and murder.

Last edited:
Security, or freedom? Isn't that the issue?
The important point in my mind is, DNA evidence is most probative in crimes against a person.
Yup. That's the big balancing act, here. But, we still can get DNA with a warrant. I am beyond uncomfortable with that check, one mandated by the 4th, being eliminated.

In California, Prop. 69 was approved by the people, not passed by the legislature and signed by the goverernor. It was added to the Ca. Constitution, and not as implied in the OP an act of big government.
If the USSC were to overule 69, might that not be an example of big government (overruling the people)?
No offense, but I don't care all that much about that hypothetical. I'm looking at this bill passed in the House. Potentially a federal law.

No offense, but I don't care all that much about that hypothetical. I'm looking at this bill passed in the House. Potentially a federal law.

No offense taken. It's refreshing not to be called a libtard, dumbocrat or idiot. Of course even when I am (called names), I take no offense - I'm comfortable in my own skin and in my beliefs.

Forum List

Back