CDZ reparations for slavery: will obama try to push them?

Will Pres. Obama make a push for reparations for slavery before he leaves office in January 2017?

• Total voters
No, it's a ridiculous notion. It would be funny to see the republicans crap their pants in rage but no.

No, it's a ridiculous notion. It would be funny to see the republicans crap their pants in rage but no.

What makes it "a ridiculous notion"?

Lots of Americans thought the idea of socialized medicine to have been "a ridiculous notion" prior to 2008, but voila — here we are in 2014, and here comes the mail carrier with a bill for those of us who don't have a health-care plan.

Again, he is a lame duck with nothing to lose anymore.

I think he will push for reparations.

Lots of Americans thought the idea of socialized medicine to have been "a ridiculous notion" prior to 2008, but voila — here we are in 2014, and here comes the mail carrier with a bill for those of us who don't have a health-care plan.

A lame duck which just had a GOP controlled Congress vote into law a signature trade bill authorization without Congressional approval........

A lame duck which just had a GOP controlled Congress vote into law a signature trade bill authorization without Congressional approval........

Again, given the current racial climate, he could make a push for them and really leave office with a bang.

It doesn't matter that you and I and/ or anyone else knows he'd never get them through: what matters is that he could try, and leave a mark. Jack up his post-presidential speaking fees.

Bet Vladimir Putin can't wait to watch the charade.

That would be more entertaining than seeing the White House lit up in multi colors. lol

I guess we can all see whose side you're on now.

Thanks for letting us know you are not an American.

Is that supposed to be an insult?

Nope.

It's just the truth.

You exposed yourself.

That would be more entertaining than seeing the White House lit up in multi colors. lol

Shart is out of practice...

Shart is out of practice...

Uh, wrong.

The sharts have been away for awhile, and are fully poised for the attack. :thup:

He has never even suggested he in favor of such a thing, congress would never go for it, the political cost would be too high for democrats and republicans, it's probably unconstitutional, the burden of proving descent from slavery would be too great, what award for damages would be fair? I could go on and on why our government could never do it, it's ludicrous.

Forum List

Back