Reparations for African Americans

no1tovote4 said:
Since there is no person alive today that was a slave in the US there is no longer a way to pay the reparations. We must learn from the mistake and never make it again, but it is too late to seek forgiveness.

This is exactly what I was trying to point out to the people I was talking to. But they kept insisting that america was built on the back breaking work of blacks.

Trigg said:
This is exactly what I was trying to point out to the people I was talking to. But they kept insisting that america was built on the back breaking work of blacks.

While that is true, it was not built on the back-breaking work of anyone alive today. You cannot go back in time and make it right no matter how much one may want to.

no1tovote4 said:
While that is true, it was not built on the back-breaking work of anyone alive today. You cannot go back in time and make it right no matter how much one may want to.

I would argue with you that it is not totally true. Blacks are not the only ones that built this country under back-breaking work and to give them the sole "credit" of doing so is just fucking wrong!

freeandfun1 said:
I would argue with you that it is not totally true. Blacks are not the only ones that built this country under back-breaking work and to give them the sole "credit" of doing so is just fucking wrong!

I agree, I should have said, "may be true" rather than "is true".

Mr. P said:
:laugh: Let em tell that to the Chinese,
Irish and Italians.:)

And every farmer that worked his own land. Cowboys, etc.

It was built on the back-breaking labor of many different groups. Thank all the gods for that!

I really don't know what blacks would hope to accomplish by getting reparations. History won't change. Prejudice will still be here and so will racist people.

I'm not sure on the number of blacks in america so lets say 30 million, just a number. IF they only hope to get 1,000 each from the gov. that is 30 billion dollars. Where do they think the US is going to be able to come up with that kind of money, without going totally bankrupt and turning into a 3rd world country?

It's just a stupid idea.

Trigg said:
I really don't know what blacks would hope to accomplish by getting reparations. History won't change. Prejudice will still be here and so will racist people.

I'm not sure on the number of blacks in america so lets say 30 million, just a number. IF they only hope to get 1,000 each from the gov. that is 30 billion dollars. Where do they think the US is going to be able to come up with that kind of money, without going totally bankrupt and turning into a 3rd world country?

It's just a stupid idea.

Don't make the mistake of thinking anywhere near "most" blacks are for this..I would bet that most think it's as
asinine as everyone else does. :)

no1tovote4 said:
And every farmer that worked his own land. Cowboys, etc.!

remeber when brando refused to accept his oscar beacuse of the plight of the american indian......the next presenter was clint eastwood who then complained about all the cowboys killed by indians in wetserns...LOL

New Topics

Forum List

Back