Reparations and reconcilation

Bullypulpit said:
The children are not responsible for the sins of the fathers.

While agree, im surprised you said that since the whole concept of sin involves God and you dislike God for some reason.

While agree, im surprised you said that since the whole concept of sin involves God and you dislike God for some reason.

I don't "dislike" God, I simply don't believe in the existence of an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, divine entity.

Bullypulpit said:
I don't "dislike" God, I simply don't believe in the existence of an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, divine entity.

Scary thought. Who created all of this then? Chance? Something couldnt come from nothing could it?

I believe in God. I just don't believe in all these bullshit Religions. I'll worship him in my own way.

Anybody see Dave Chapelle's skit on what would happen if reparations were paid? I was LMAO.
I however do not see how a fair minded person would want to get paid for something they had nothing to do with (other than their great great great grandfather was a slave). Even still shouldn't the people in Africa who sold the slaves to Europeans be held accountable? I believe the cost of lives lost in America during the civil war would be more than enough to cover the "reparations payment" :blowup:

insein said:
Scary thought. Who created all of this then? Chance? Something couldnt come from nothing could it?

I believe in God. I just don't believe in all these bullshit Religions. I'll worship him in my own way.

We should take this to the Religion/Ethics page.

AequitasVeritas said:
Anybody see Dave Chapelle's skit on what would happen if reparations were paid? I was LMAO.
I however do not see how a fair minded person would want to get paid for something they had nothing to do with (other than their great great great grandfather was a slave). Even still shouldn't the people in Africa who sold the slaves to Europeans be held accountable? I believe the cost of lives lost in America during the civil war would be more than enough to cover the "reparations payment" :blowup:

I'm RICCCCHH BIOOOTCH!!!!

There should be no reparations now or ever for that matter. Blacks have all the chances a free society can offer. Like any group of minorities life is what they make of it. I hope Americans can get over the guilt complex being foisted on them and refuse reparations in any form. Let them work for themselves for a change

Because the government doesn't actually make any money on its own, reparations would amount to tax exemptions for blacks. Isn't it about time we let the whole slavery thing go? Nobody alive had anything to do with it.

HGROKIT said:
I have nothing to be pentinent about.
Me neither. Reparations would be the worst thing this country could do. It is so evil to even suggest it or consider it.

It's the only act our government could take which would make me endorse another secession of states- and I would join the ones not participating in such a travesty.

JIHADTHIS said:
The Native Americans have a stronger case to reclaim everything that was stolen from them by crooked treaties. When do they get Montana and the Dakotas back?

good question. dont give anyone ideas.

I dont understand this stupid notion of reparations. they didnt suffer anything, we didnt do anything. why should we pay them for something they didnt do. I mean if they want money they should work. just like i have to and like almost everyone has to

people closer to an all out race war

Good. Let's get it over with 'cause it's going to happen sooner or later. I will fight in it, because believe it or not, my ancestors were Quakers who risked their lives to STOP slavery. I salute that. But because I am white, they tell me I cannot have a job. The black guys call me a "mothafucka" and shove me off the sidewalk. Thanks, guys. You're all about MLK's dream. What that shows me is that black people don't give a shit about facts. They just "wantsa get theirs." They have this attitude like whitey is weak, whitey must pay, and get out of the way.

What sucks is, "whitey" proves them right.

Forum List

Back