Rep. West: Tea Party is 'schizo'

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Rep. West: Tea Party is 'schizo' - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

Rep. Allen West said Friday that the tea party movement has “schizophrenia” if it’s going to primary him for supporting House Speaker John Boehner’s bill to raise the debt ceiling.

“If the folks who one minute they’re saying that I’m their ‘tea party hero’ and what, three or four days later I’m a ‘tea party defector’ – that kind of schizophrenia I’m not going to get involved in it,” The Florida Republican said on “The Laura Ingraham Show.”

Several tea party groups including Tea Party Express, Tea Party Nation and United West have said this week that they will support primary opponents to West and several other Republican freshmen if they support the Boehner bill.

But West, who represents a district on the east coast of Florida, insisted that he will support the Boehner bill. “If they want to bring forth a primary challenge then so be it,” he said.

I doubt we're going to be seeing as much support for Rep. West remarks by "Conservatives" as we did from this thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...nd-not-a-lady-for-criticizing-his-budget.html

:lol:

I'm neither here nor there on them, mainly because his current opinion has nothing whatsoever to do with his reaction to a personal smear, which is how you flaccidly attempted to frame the subject matter.

Nice try, though.

In other words, you're just doing your best to take a shot at me and have no intention whatsoever of commenting on what he said. :lol:

What you're focusing on instead is the joke I made in my comment about it. If you also think that I linked to that thread because of West said, then the point of it being linked went entirely over your head.

The T party is a Two trick pony.

Stick to the Constitution
and
Don't raise the debt

If you vote to increase the debt, they are going to dump you.

As far as his comments goes, he's made it clear that he doesn't like to mince words. Good on him for being blunt.

I'm neither here nor there on them, mainly because his current opinion has nothing whatsoever to do with his reaction to a personal smear, which is how you flaccidly attempted to frame the subject matter.

Nice try, though.

In other words, you're just doing your best to take a shot at me and have no intention whatsoever of commenting on what he said. :lol:

What you're focusing on instead is the joke I made in my comment about it. If you also think that I linked to that thread because of West said, then the point of it being linked went entirely over your head.
In other words, I'm not going to fall for your lame-assed baiting, so your can play your sophomoric little game of HYPOCRITE! HYPOCRITE!

Actually, I take it back.....It wasn't a nice try at all.

In other words, I'm not going to fall for your lame-assed baiting, so your can play your sophomoric little game of HYPOCRITE! HYPOCRITE!

Actually, I take it back.....It wasn't a nice try at all.

I haven't called anyone a hypocrite. You still haven't commented on what he said though.

But hey, looks like you have no intention of answering what I asked. So feel free to have the last word. :thup:

Then all but 4 current House Republicans will be getting dumped. And Ron Paul is retiring anyway, so make that all but 3.

The horror of it all.

Pols losing thier jobs b/c they failed time and again to do the right thing.

I'm getting all teary eyed just thinking about having to pay thier retirement.

Rep. West: Tea Party is 'schizo' - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

Rep. Allen West said Friday that the tea party movement has “schizophrenia” if it’s going to primary him for supporting House Speaker John Boehner’s bill to raise the debt ceiling.

“If the folks who one minute they’re saying that I’m their ‘tea party hero’ and what, three or four days later I’m a ‘tea party defector’ – that kind of schizophrenia I’m not going to get involved in it,” The Florida Republican said on “The Laura Ingraham Show.”

Several tea party groups including Tea Party Express, Tea Party Nation and United West have said this week that they will support primary opponents to West and several other Republican freshmen if they support the Boehner bill.

But West, who represents a district on the east coast of Florida, insisted that he will support the Boehner bill. “If they want to bring forth a primary challenge then so be it,” he said.

I doubt we're going to be seeing as much support for Rep. West remarks by "Conservatives" as we did from this thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...nd-not-a-lady-for-criticizing-his-budget.html

:lol:

I would certainly hope the tea party is "schizo."

When you're a large group of individuals thats a good thing - not a bad thing. It shows the group is not a group but a group of independent thinkers, unlike the sheep progressives.

Last edited:
The T party is a Two trick pony.

Stick to the Constitution
and
Don't raise the debt

As far as his comments goes, he's made it clear that he doesn't like to mince words. Good on him for being blunt.

Thats because freedom is simple, its the authoritarian nuts that make it complicated.

New Topics

Forum List

Back