Rep Tactic: Combat Obamacare using Medicare, huh?

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by GHook93, Aug 12, 2009.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,925
    I keep seeing Rep commericials stating that Obamacare is going to take away from medicare. "Do our seniors really deserve losing their health insurance after serving this country for so long?"

Look up medicare. Its a single payor government run universal healthcare program. A program that is constantly under attack by the Republicans in the past. Although its becoming bankrupt, seniors love it and rely on it! Yet the Republicans are using it to get support behind shooting down Obamacare. I don't get how someone can fall for it!

Please someone explain the rationality for me!

2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    Maybe it's because Medicare and MediCal in California is rife with fraud?

And did you know that ObamaCare will take funds from Medicare?
    Obamacare Does Cut Your Medicare Benefits » The Foundry
    More at the link.

3. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    well obama is proposing cutting 50 billion out of medicare over the next 10 years......to pay for obama care.....

his advisors have stated that the us spends too much money on old folks.....

obama has not stated how seniors will be covered by the new system and how care will not be cut when funding will be cut.....

if medicare is so great whay doesn't obama simply expand it to include everyone instaed of stealing from it to create a new medicade.....