Rep rules and moderators

And what exactly constitutes abuse?
I've gotten 7 neg reps in my short time here from one member alone to "piss me off." Since you have removed none that must not be abuse.

Actually, that could theoretically constitute abuse of the reputation system. Negreps given for no reason other than spite are typically frowned upon, which is why most vB forums have a tool forcing users to enter a reputation comment when negreps are given (though it could still be abused, since any character can be entered).

I assume Gunny has access to the comments and if the spite is boldly put right in the comment, then the whole thing is obviously a meaningless sham.

Who is this Neanderthal? If I rep you will that make it up? If not, but I do, will you stop whining?

I've gotten 7 neg reps in my short time here from one member alone to "piss me off." Since you have removed none that must not be abuse.

did you report rep abuse?

or are we supposed to be mind-readers?

That's about 1 neg rep a month. Probably pretty good odds, given how he lips off, from what I've seen... Poor little fella... Y'all got any rep bandaids for him?

Soon enough, it'll be like eBay, and we'll here "I got abusive, illegal negative rep from so-and-so!", instead of "I got an abusive and mean bad feedback on my permanent record!" :eek::eek:

Actually, that could theoretically constitute abuse of the reputation system. Negreps given for no reason other than spite are typically frowned upon, which is why most vB forums have a tool forcing users to enter a reputation comment when negreps are given (though it could still be abused, since any character can be entered).

I assume Gunny has access to the comments and if the spite is boldly put right in the comment, then the whole thing is obviously a meaningless sham.

Who is this Neanderthal? If I rep you will that make it up? If not, but I do, will you stop whining?

Basically, your offer shows the meaninglessness of it. Why not get rid of reps and save the bandwidth?

Basically, your offer shows the meaninglessness of it. Why not get rid of reps and save the bandwidth?

and there you go. Stop whining and ignore. I won't insult you by repping.

why not get rid of that retarded signature of yours and save even more bandwidth?

On a typical vBulletin forum, mods are bound by reputation restrictions, but admins aren't. I'd imagine that this board is the same.

More than that, vB admins have the capability to remove reputation given from other users. Their abilities are rather expansive.

Nemesis, huh? Cute.

The only time anyone's reputation has been manipulated has been as punishment for abusing the rep system. Any other changes made are at the user's requests and administrative in nature.

My crystal ball must not be working today. YOU have to report the alleged abuse THEN I take a look at it.

I did not say I removed neg rep comments for abuse. Read the rules. It says exactly what I can do to the abuser if the abuser fails to heed a warning.

Here's a plan: If you feel you are the victim of rep abuse, all you have to do is report it. I WILL look at it, but don't be "assuming Gunny" anything. I'm an equal opportunity asshole. :eusa_eh:

Why not get rid of the members and save the bandwidth?:eusa_eh:

Dude, if it's that big a problem for you, you have the option in your user CP to turn it off.

Looks to me like you're a neg rep magnet.:lol:

Seven neg reps in 15 days is abuse to you? That could go either way. However, since you have not dished any out I will give you the benefit of doubt and ask that person to stop.

Dude, if it's that big a problem for you, you have the option in your user CP to turn it off.

OK, I tried that, but it only turned off the graphic, it still shows a rep power of 2. Did I do something wrong or miss a step?

So, once you get Gunny to remove all the "bold, spiteful meaningless sham" rep, what're you going to do with the rest? Take your SO to dinner? Put a down payment on a new house? Inquiring minds want to know!
more to the point, why does he think we care....

unless someone reports some type of misue or harassment.

Coming from you two... :lol:

So, once you get Gunny to remove all the "bold, spiteful meaningless sham" rep, what're you going to do with the rest? Take your SO to dinner? Put a down payment on a new house? Inquiring minds want to know!
more to the point, why does he think we care....

unless someone reports some type of misue or harassment.

Coming from you two... :lol:

This from one who would likely sell her firstborn for rep?

Heh.

OK, I tried that, but it only turned off the graphic, it still shows a rep power of 2. Did I do something wrong or miss a step?

Go to userCP, login and privacy, and unclick the box that says "show your reputation level."

Hey, my rep was earned fair & square, so I hardly qualify as a "rep ho". Oh, and most of it was without the help of the "high rep" people.:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back