Rep rules and moderators

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Just a curiosity. I've always assumed that admins and moderators are not bound by the same "spread it around" rep rules as the rest of us.

Is my assumption correct?

Just a curiosity. I've always assumed that admins and moderators are not bound by the same "spread it around" rep rules as the rest of us.

nope, i've occasionally run out of rep for a 24 hr period and often gotten the spread it around message.

nope, i've occasionally run out of rep for a 24 hr period and often gotten the spread it around message.

That explains why you have been so stingy with your rep.
And all this time I thought you just didn't like me.

• Banned
On a typical vBulletin forum, mods are bound by reputation restrictions, but admins aren't. I'd imagine that this board is the same.

Ok, that makes sense. Gunny isn't bound. And since he normally only doles out the green stuff, I doubt anyone is inclined to bitch. :cool:

On a typical vBulletin forum, mods are bound by reputation restrictions, but admins aren't. I'd imagine that this board is the same.

Ok, that makes sense. Gunny isn't bound. And since he normally only doles out the green stuff, I doubt anyone is inclined to bitch. :cool:

I think Gunny's rep should be doubled! Indeed he is unbiased and fair and has many greenies. LOL!

More than that, vB admins have the capability to remove reputation given from other users. Their abilities are rather expansive.

Why bother then if it can be manipulated? You guys are all way ahead of me. I didn't even know what a "rep" is. Guess I should check my own, just for laughs.

More than that, vB admins have the capability to remove reputation given from other users. Their abilities are rather expansive.

Why bother then if it can be manipulated? You guys are all way ahead of me. I didn't even know what a "rep" is. Guess I should check my own, just for laughs.

Ouch. Only one???!! And HEY, I don't like being on the school board. Been there, done that in real life.

Meh, trust us, they don't get modified unless there is good reason, and even then.

Reputation points are mostly for fun, some like to take the seriously but they have no real effect on you.

Nemesis, huh? Cute.

The only time anyone's reputation has been manipulated has been as punishment for abusing the rep system. Any other changes made are at the user's requests and administrative in nature.

Nemesis, huh? Cute.

The only time anyone's reputation has been manipulated has been as punishment for abusing the rep system. Any other changes made are at the user's requests and administrative in nature.

And what exactly constitutes abuse?
I've gotten 7 neg reps in my short time here from one member alone to "piss me off." Since you have removed none that must not be abuse.

Nemesis, huh? Cute.

I've gotten 7 neg reps in my short time here from one member alone to "piss me off." Since you have removed none that must not be abuse.

can't fool you
, huh?

Actually, that could theoretically constitute abuse of the reputation system. Negreps given for no reason other than spite are typically frowned upon, which is why most vB forums have a tool forcing users to enter a reputation comment when negreps are given (though it could still be abused, since any character can be entered).

Actually, that could theoretically constitute abuse of the reputation system. Negreps given for no reason other than spite are typically frowned upon, which is why most vB forums have a tool forcing users to enter a reputation comment when negreps are given (though it could still be abused, since any character can be entered).

really?

I assume Gunny has access to the comments and if the spite is boldly put right in the comment, then the whole thing is obviously a meaningless sham.

I assume Gunny has access to the comments and if the spite is boldly put right in the comment, then the whole thing is obviously a meaningless sham.

So, once you get Gunny to remove all the "bold, spiteful meaningless sham" rep, what're you going to do with the rest? Take your SO to dinner? Put a down payment on a new house? Inquiring minds want to know!

Forum List

Back