Rep Private Message Question!

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center
Someone please explain to me the following. PLEASE!

I understand how reps work ... but ... some of the folks I've repped have sent me a thank you / comment in a private message. Can someone please explain to me how that works? What I've been doing is going to their public profile to thank or comment to them when I receive a rep. How the hell do I do it in a private message in which my rep comment is included?

Okay now ... y'all can stop laughing now. HEY, I'm still new here!

Go to settings and options.

Edit options.

And checkmark this:

You can receive a PM whenever someone adds to your reputation.
Receive PM notification

• Thanks
Reactions: Cal
I would like to thank all the USMB board members who offered up a rep to help me out.

Just want to make it perfectly clear ... I was not rep-hoing. Even though I do like the sound of that. lol

I would like to thank all the USMB board members who offered up a rep to help me out.

Just want to make it perfectly clear ... I was not rep-hoing. Even though I do like the sound of that. lol

Don't look at me.. I was just trying to spread it around so I could get back to ho-ing myself.. :eusa_whistle:

Go to settings and options.

Edit options.

And checkmark this:

You can receive a PM whenever someone adds to your reputation.
Receive PM notification
I think the note accompanying a rep is not actually considered a PM. It is permitted here to post those messages. It is not permitted to post other PMs without the sender's okay, including the one that you might return in thanking someone for a rep.

Forum List

Back