Rep Power?

thanks guys. I decided to get off my lazy ass and look stuff up myself. I see that Rep power is decided by the Admin. Thats not good if the Admin is a lib for me!:lol:

thanks guys. I decided to get off my lazy ass and look stuff up myself. I see that Rep power is decided by the Admin. Thats not good if the Admin is a lib for me!:lol:

Like most of your posts, this one's wrong too. I see you are down to 18 now.

Last edited:
Whats is it? :confused:

It's that number up in the right hand corner. The one that just went down from 20 to 19.

Why did it go down one point? :confused:

it probably went down because of your avatar.

i don't think our elected president is a "POS" by the way. you may want to try to get over that, you have four more years. life is too short to be angry.

rep power is a skinner box type of scenario of reward and punishment that a lot of people buy into and a system that you are automatically enrolled in.

you do have another option. you can PM an administrator, i would suggest meister or cereal_killer(?), and ask to opt out...shake off the shackles so to speak. this is new, and to my knowledge, only three people have done it. to be honest, most people are afraid to opt out, but i have been in contact with the other two and, although we are as far apart politically as we can get, we all describe opting out as liberating. politically, you would probably be in line with them. i am far from being a conservative.

lolol...you three could get together and not neg me and i could reciprocate by not negging you back.

here is "a feel good" website (below) where you can pretty much trash muslim americans at will and accuse them worshipping a "XXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX" which judging from your avatar, you may be in line with. you can also make crude remarks about women and say all kinds of bigoted and sexist things, but if you joke around and schmooze enough, you will be able to barter up your reps so you can really lay down some serious negs on peeps in three years or so.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-rubber-room/260062-free-rep.html

tell them seal said hi.

anyway, whatever you decide, good luck.

No. It's not decided by admin, maybe the fact that we have the rep system is, but rep is a way to reward for good posts or protest bad ones.
The way rep power works is, to go up one point in power, you need to receive 1,000 points. In other words, someone with about 20 points need to rep someone 50 times to increase their rep power one point.
Someone with 3,000 rep power, will raise a person's power 3 points with just one positive rep, or decrease it 1 1/2 points with a neg rep.

A childish game the right wingers play as they lack the intelligence to debate anything.

And you'll notice that cowards can hide the graphical rep display. This is a frequent ploy of those that have earned a negative reputation.
Had they a set of balls, we would see what are commonly referred to as red splats (
reputation_redstar.gif
) below their rep power total. Red splats top out at 5.

It's a competitive game ( popularity kindergarten thing ) where posters can positive rep you, which increases your reputation points or they can neg you, which will subtract half of their reputation amount from your reputation amount. I opted out of the system October 31, 2012 ( details on my page, under "Occupation." )

There are neg bullies here, on both sides. Some do it much more than others. I don't believe in negging and only did so once, in two years and 8 months, and in retaliation, to a neg bully who had negged me for no reason. ( more than one time ) If they don't like something you have posted, they strike. Their effort is too reduce your reputation worth.

When I joined, one did not have the ability to "opt out" but that has now changed and I took advantage of it, never wanting to be a part of it in the first place. You have to contact an Administrator if you want to opt out. I have never regretted my decision. It's freeing.

If someone negs you, you will only lose half of what their reputation worth is. To me, the neggers are the real whiners, although they don't like to see themselves that way. Some people don't care one way or another about their total reps. Others do.

When you see someone with a high rep count, look above at how many "posts" it took them to achieve those reps. Often the contrast is stark, rendering their amount of rep value, quite low.

To determine your REAL REP VALUE go to the link I will provide. It is a 3-way percent calculator.

You will see 3 options. Use the second one. First enter the amount of reps you have, then enter the amount of posts you have made, then hit "CALCULATE" and the percentage of the two will show and that will be your real rep value.

It is the true way to calculate your reps. It is called reps to post ratio.

Welcome to USMB, craner :D

Math.com Homework Help Hot Subject: Percents

P.S. "IF" you decide to exercise your freedom of opting out, you will no longer be able to see anyone else's reps count, only Posts amount. ( I like that too. ) AND you can still see all the Thanks features and you can still PM. I like to use the thanks feature for people if I have liked their post for one or more reasons. It is my way of showing them appreciation since I can no longer rep them.

Last edited:
Wow!! Lots to think about from what I'm reading here. Thanks for all the info. Not sure I want to part of the system or not, looks like you can be knocked around a lot just because someone doesnt agree with you or helped a lot by those who do if you care about this " Rep Power " thing.

If you treat people well, you will do OK with rep.
Sure, there are people who will neg you just because they disagree with you, but they are rare.

There are more people who slap trolls. You seem like a rational guy. You should be OK. Start going off on people without justification, tell a lie and refuse to own up, and you won't.

A childish game the right wingers play as they lack the intelligence to debate anything.

Who the hell went to town on BL last night? Bloody hell, that went down quick!

well, if you call a whole group of people unintelligent, they are going to make you pay. i don't particularly agree with "right wingers" at all but i don't think they are any more smart or less smart than people of other political persuasions.

there is, of course, a very easy way to avoid the "childish game", neg reps included, altogether.

Forum List

Back