Rep. Paul Says Defense Bill Assures 'Descent Into Totalitarianism...

It's been 1984 for 27 years now.

I'm still waiting for the end of the United States as we know it.

No,you're wrong. "911 changed everything." I guess you didn't get the memo. 1984 is being ushered in right now.

It's been 2001 for 10 years now.

Still waiting.

You Paulites are among the same group who say "boxing is dead". They have literally been saying boxing is dead/dying for one hundred years.

Out of curiosity, who is boxing's next big draw? Who is going to sell PPV buys?

Pretty Boy Floyd and Manny Pacquiao are both past their prime and the heavyweight division sucks.

So.....who?

No,you're wrong. "911 changed everything." I guess you didn't get the memo. 1984 is being ushered in right now.

Still waiting.

You Paulites are among the same group who say "boxing is dead". They have literally been saying boxing is dead/dying for one hundred years.

Pretty Boy Floyd and Manny Pacquiao are both past their prime and the heavyweight division sucks.

So.....who?

I dont know that Floyd's past his prime.

Still waiting.

So.....who?

I dont know that Floyd's past his prime.

He turns 35 in two months, yo

Still waiting.

So.....who?

Boxing will drop a star out of nowhere, just like usual. Pacquiao was a nobody until he KTFO of Lucero back in 03, and he still was determined to be an easy tune-up for Barrera and we all saw what happened there...

Still waiting.

So.....who?

Boxing will drop a star out of nowhere, just like usual. Pacquiao was a nobody until he KTFO of Lucero back in 03, and he still was determined to be an easy tune-up for Barrera and we all saw what happened there...

I sure hope so.

But that was eight years ago when boxing was in another mini golden age.

Barrera slayed the Prince then got old. His true rival, Morales....done.

I don't see anyone stepping up or any fighters on a collision course.

Sucks too because boxing at its best blows MMA out of the water, IMO

I'm currently on the fence.

I dabbled in Boxing and love it, and never got into ground fighting much..............but sometimes the best part about fighting is the back-story of each fight and building a passion to want to see two guys kill each other - and UFC seems to do good with that (building up fighters so you "know" them, thus have more of a vested interest to watch.)

HBO's done alright with 24-7 though.....Hatton was under my Radar before that shit.

Yea we're just supposed to sit back and accept the Patriot Act,NDAA,SOPA,TSA and so on because "911 changed everything." We have to give up our rights in order to have rights. It's so damn bizarre. But look how many Americans have bought into that? It's such a tragedy.

Yo Vern, what is your major malfunction?

We sent you to a nice government school for 12 years in order to condition you to be a patriotic citizen and now you come up with that crap?!?!?

Sucks too because boxing at its best blows MMA out of the water, IMO

I'm currently on the fence.

I dabbled in Boxing and love it, and never got into ground fighting much..............but sometimes the best part about fighting is the back-story of each fight and building a passion to want to see two guys kill each other - and UFC seems to do good with that (building up fighters so you "know" them, thus have more of a vested interest to watch.)

HBO's done alright with 24-7 though.....Hatton was under my Radar before that shit.

Hatton was an up and coming fighter when I lived and breathed boxing.

Entertaining fighter.

I loved Zab Judah.

Was sooooooooooooooooo pissed at Jay Nady for stopping that fight against Tsyzu.

But when you get up too fast from a knock down and flop around the ring like a retard you don't give the ref much choice.

Still pissed tho.

Guys are young.

My favorite fighter was The Explosive Thin Man. Excellent boxing fundamentals, BIG RIGHT HAND, and that killer mustache.

Hell, I even loved the Prince for how cocky and entertaining he was.

Something inside of me died when it became apparent that Evander was way better than Tyson. I just wanted Tyson to be on the come-back roaring, and then Evander's fundamentals just frustrated the fuck out of Tyson, and me as a paying customer......but I guess the ear fiasco was a consolation prize?

The Klitschko brothers are boring as fuck, holy shit!

i JUST WANT TO REMIND YOU FOLKS THAT MOST OF THE RIGHTS TO PRIVACY AND RIGHTS AFTER ARREST THAT YOU GUYs think were lost due to the patriot act, were long ago lost much thanks to the WAR ON DRUGS.

Face it if you don't own your OWN body?

Then imagining that you really have any rights is just you whistling in the dark.

Between the RICO laws, no knock laws, the confiscations of assets laws, FOR profit prisons coupled with hiring out prison labor?

Shoot kiddies, we've been living in an emerging police state for DECADES.

At least you had a right to an attorney and a trial now you don't

Hell, I even loved the Prince for how cocky and entertaining he was.

Something inside of me died when it became apparent that Evander was way better than Tyson. I just wanted Tyson to be on the come-back roaring, and then Evander's fundamentals just frustrated the fuck out of Tyson, and me as a paying customer......but I guess the ear fiasco was a consolation prize?

The Klitschko brothers are boring as fuck, holy shit!

Hamed was fun! Dude could take your head off from just about any angle imaginable.

The Klitschko's ..... ugh.

It's been 1984 for 27 years now.

I'm still waiting for the end of the United States as we know it.

Still waiting.

I prefer MMA over Boxing. Boxing's not dead but it has lost a lot of popularity. MMA has been gaining on it for years. MMA is just more exciting and they have big fights more often than Boxing does. So i'm a "Paulite" who's not saying Boxing is dead. I just prefer MMA.

Forum List

Back