Rep Obey Calls It Quits

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Another one bites the dust....
Powerful House chairman Obey to retire - Yahoo! News

All the libs on this board will be eating crow in Nov. The writing is on the wall and the Democratic leadership knows it. This is the most incompetent Congress and most incompetent president in history. Bad economy, bad foreign policy, bad domestic policy--they can run but they can't hide. And in Obey's case he can't run either.

With all of the changes in Congress that will occur this year, on both sides of the aisle, I guess Obama wasn't kidding when he talked about changing Washington, eh?

With all of the changes in Congress that will occur this year, on both sides of the aisle, I guess Obama wasn't kidding when he talked about changing Washington, eh?

The ultimate spin: Obama really is dedicated to change. So much so that he sabotaged his own party by allowing them to put through stupid expensive policies that the majority of Americans oppose solely so that the GOP would take control of Congress in the mid-terms, forcing change and bipartisanship.
Why, that Obama is a political genius!!:cuckoo:

I think a whole lot more of them should do the same ... think Pelosi would consider that route for herself?

Nah! Too bad.

All the libs on this board will be eating crow in Nov. The writing is on the wall and the Democratic leadership knows it. This is the most incompetent Congress and most incompetent president in history. Bad economy, bad foreign policy, bad domestic policy--they can run but they can't hide. And in Obey's case he can't run either.
Most of the lefties have no idea how big this is...That little weasel Obey won with 60% last time around.

They'll need to get past the fact that Obama received more BP cash than ANY other politician before this sinks in....

Oh this is fun. Their Messiah is such a a fraud.... and now another lefty biggie bites the dust.

I am all in favor of high turnover. Something that Congress lacked for a long time.

Starting with Senator Wyden. He has been in congress 37 years now.

Democrats know they will loose congress next time round. They don't care. They have 0bama as president, so they pass it now, and it is unrepealable.

It's a start. but there better be someone good regardless of party who replaces him or we still have the same corruption in Washington.

A new broom sweeps clean.
In any case Obey's leaving sends a message that the American people have had enough of Washington as usual. That will go for the GOP members like McCain that have been part of the problem.

Wimps out..")
The powerful Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, David Obey, D-Wis., is expected to announce on Wednesday that he will not seek re-election in 2010. First elected in 1969, Obey has not faced a serious challenge since the mid-1980s. Obey is being challenged this cycle by Republican Sean Duffy, a former cast member of MTV’s “The Real World,” and current District Attorney for Ashland County, Wisconsin

David Obey Will Announce He’s Not Seeking Re-election The Speakers Lobby

Wimps out? The man's been in office since 1969, hasn't had a real challenge since the Reagan Administration, and he's 71. :eusa_eh:

He would rather go out thinking he did a good job on health care reform, than face the voters who would tell him different. The poll number must have looked pretty bad.

Quitter!....:lol:

Gottemdemmerung: Twilight of the Dems.

They come to total power, out themselves as Marxists and are promptly booted from office.

He would rather go out thinking he did a good job on health care reform, than face the voters who would tell him different. The poll number must have looked pretty bad.

I don't think he's the last of them either...

I wonder how many are being told "Hey, you've been in for a while and it's not looking good for November. Why don't you announce you want to spend more time with the family and give another one of our boys a shot?"

Forum List

Back