Rep. Launch YOUCUT--where YOU decide where you want to cut the budget every week!

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
Finally a site where we can actually view and vote on-line where we want to cut down this massive--big--spending--out of control government. You can go to the site and vote on which program you would like to have a hair-cut. Republicans then will take the majority vote of items and bring it to the floor to cut--and hopefully our cuts pass on a congessional vote and it actually gets done.

U.S. Rep. Eric Cantor, R-Richmond, launched “You Cut” Wednesday, a program by which citizens can go to his website and select featured initiatives they think should no longer be funded by the federal government.

Democrats say it’s just another GOP gimmick.

This week, Cantor’s site lists five programs to get the ax — the Presidential Election Fund, “Taxpayer Subsidized Union Activities,” a HUD program for doctoral dissertations, a welfare program and community development block grants for “wealthier communities.”

Each week, the House Economic Recovery Solutions Group will post new proposals they feel are wasteful, asking site visitors to vote on which one they think is the worst. Participants can also text their votes via cell phone.

Cantor said “the first winner” would be announced Monday. Later next week, he said, House Republicans will take an up-or-down vote on the spending cut that got the most online votes.

“We will repeat this cycle every week,” said Cantor, minority whip in the U.S. House.

He calls the federal debt “immoral” for its ramifications for future generations and says it is also hurting the country’s prospects for job creation.

“Washington has a spending problem, and both Democrats and Republicans bear some responsibility,” Cantor said, calling for the government to “replace the culture of spending with a culture of savings.”

To learn more about Eric Cantor’s new program, go to

Eric Cantor || Republican Whip || YouCut

Last edited:
Finally a site where we can actually view and vote on-line where we want to cut down this massive--big--spending--out of control government. You can go to the site and vote on which program you would like to have a hair-cut. Republicans then will take the majority vote of items and bring it to the floor to cut--and hopefully our cuts pass on a congessional vote and it actually gets done.

U.S. Rep. Eric Cantor, R-Richmond, launched “You Cut” Wednesday, a program by which citizens can go to his website and select featured initiatives they think should no longer be funded by the federal government.

Democrats say it’s just another GOP gimmick.

This week, Cantor’s site lists five programs to get the ax — the Presidential Election Fund, “Taxpayer Subsidized Union Activities,” a HUD program for doctoral dissertations, a welfare program and community development block grants for “wealthier communities.”

Each week, the House Economic Recovery Solutions Group will post new proposals they feel are wasteful, asking site visitors to vote on which one they think is the worst. Participants can also text their votes via cell phone.

Cantor said “the first winner” would be announced Monday. Later next week, he said, House Republicans will take an up-or-down vote on the spending cut that got the most online votes.

“We will repeat this cycle every week,” said Cantor, minority whip in the U.S. House.

He calls the federal debt “immoral” for its ramifications for future generations and says it is also hurting the country’s prospects for job creation.

“Washington has a spending problem, and both Democrats and Republicans bear some responsibility,” Cantor said, calling for the government to “replace the culture of spending with a culture of savings.”

To learn more about Eric Cantor’s new program, go to

Eric Cantor || Republican Whip || YouCut

Our whiney little bitch of a Rep. Eric Cantor grandstanding and wasting taxpayer dollars with a bullshit website that will do NOBODY any good. Color me shocked.

Please....I want ALL of you to check out this bullshit website and give some feedback forme to send to Eric Cantor!

I am all for it.....

I want to cut everything that I don't benefit from and increase the programs that help me.

Republicans meet "American Idol"

Some way to run a government

It's a new approach to letting American's citizens actually have a say on something or at least feel like they've had some input. Why shouldn't our voices and/or opinions be heard. I'll check it out.

Oh - and Cantor is not a whiner.

Forum List

Back