Rep. Kucinich (D). Good looking wife...dumb as a box of hammers.

Solid 7

Kiira-Korpi-27.jpg

OK. So who..in your ifinitely narrow mind who should interpret the Constitution...you? Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Perhaps you need to broach a textbook or 2 on U.S. Civics...and then tell us WHY the Supreme Court is the body that decides what's constitutional...and what's not. That shouldn't be too difficult a task for someone, such as yourself, with such a lofty opinion of themselves.

Every branch of government, and all 50 states have an equal role in interpreting the Constitution.

Sorry...that may be true in Bizarro world...but here in reality the Supreme Court IS THE BOTTOM LINE.

Actually it's how America was setup.

"Resolved, That the several States composing, the United States of America, are not united on the principle of unlimited submission to their general government; but that, by a compact under the style and title of a Constitution for the United States, and of amendments thereto, they constituted a general government for special purposes — delegated to that government certain definite powers, reserving, each State to itself, the residuary mass of right to their own self-government; and that whensoever the general government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force: that to this compact each State acceded as a State, and is an integral part, its co-States forming, as to itself, the other party: that the government created by this compact was not made the exclusive or final judge of the extent of the powers delegated to itself; since that would have made its discretion, and not the Constitution, the measure of its powers; but that, as in all other cases of compact among powers having no common judge, each party has an equal right to judge for itself, as well of infractions as of the mode and measure of redress." - Thomas Jefferson

The Kentucky Resolutions of 1798

The Congress passed a Resolution authorizing the President to use military force in Afghanistan and Iraq thus waiving their rights under the War Powers Act. Every time a funding bill comes before Congress authorizing money for the 2 conflicts the authorization from Congress given to the President to use military force is renewed.

Voting to give their authority to the President is unconstitutional. That power was given to the legislature for a reason.

ROFLMNAO...

When Congress declares war, it authorizes the President... or gives to the President the authority it possesses, via the Constitution... thus it's consent to take the nation to war.

You're arguing that Congress ceded it's authority... transferring that power from the Legislature to the Executive; as if Congress permanently gave up it's authority; such was not the case.

I see your point; and the simple fact is that you've no grounds to rest this claim.

The Legislature can lend it's consent giving the CinC the authority to war, when ever it deems it necessary; and again... that's the what it did.

No, the Congress must make the decision to go to war or not, it cannot cede that decision to the executive.

Kucinich is a far more honorable Leftist then most Leftists on this board. I may disagree with him on most issues but at least he is consistent and honest. That's much more than i can say for most so-called "Anti-War Leftists" on this board. Where did all those "Anti-War Leftists" go? Not hearing a peep out of them anymore. Most were just liars and political opportunists all along. They never really cared about our kids. They just wanted the power back. So,much Kudos must go out to Mr. Kucinich for being the only honorable Leftist in this country.

I disagree with Kucinich on just about everything but at least he is an honest Anti-War Leftist. Where did all the other so-called "Anti-War Leftists" go? Not hearing from them anymore huh? Gee i wonder why? For the most part the Anti-War Left are a bunch of dishonest hypocrites. I have to give Kucinich some credit for at least being an honest Anti-War Leftist. He's probably the only one in America.

What does this even mean? ... What are you talking about, exactly?

I know hundreds of anti-war "leftists" and not a single one of them has changed their opinion of this occupation of a sovereign nation rooted in utter fraud.

"Anti-War Leftists" are even bigger frauds than the "Global Warming" fanatics are. Kucinich is one of the very few honorable Anti-War Leftists in this country. Gotta give him some props for that.

"Anti-War Leftists" are even bigger frauds than the "Global Warming" fanatics are. Kucinich is one of the very few honorable Anti-War Leftists in this country. Gotta give him some props for that.

Yeah, he does. But I still see him as dennis the menace

New Topics

Forum List

Back