Rep. King Boasts of GOP Leaders' "Mendacity"

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Rep. Steve King Boasts Of GOP Leaders' 'Mendacity' | TPMDC

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) literally accused the Republican leadership of the House of being a bunch of big old liars on the floor of the House last night. But that isn't exactly what he meant.

During a rant on the floor of the House about health care, King used the word "mendacity" -- meaning untruthfulness -- where he likely meant the opposite.

"As I deliberate and I listen to the gentleman from Tennessee, I have to make the point that when you challenge the mendacity of the leader or another member, there is an opportunity to rise to a point of order, there is an opportunity to make a motion to take the gentleman's words down, however many of the members are off on other endeavors and I would make the point that the leader and the speaker have established their integrity and their mendacity for years in this Congress and I don't believe it can be effectively challenged and those who do so actually cast aspersions on themselves by making wild accusations," King said.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsXM6FSpb9U&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Such a short post focuses my attention on your Avatar.

I guess Malapropisms ain't your thing..:lol:
Obliviously.

Maybe my point is missed, thats a short post, hence I was focused on a face of a demon dog or wolf demon or something like that. Had the post been a line or two my eyesight would of followed to the end where the period is. Such a short post focused my attention on the Avatar.

Am I missing something or thinking into this too much.

He is both a "master debater" as well as a "cunning linguist".

Or when Obama said ""The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system."

Hahaha!

Forum List

Back