Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. under federal investigation over alleged financial improprieti

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. under federal investigation over alleged financial improprieties

Federal prosecutors and FBI agents in Washington have launched a new criminal investigation of Illinois Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. involving alleged financial improprieties, including possible misuse of funds monitored by Congress, law enforcement sources tell NBC News.

Follow @NBCNewsUS

The probe prompted lawyers for Jackson — who has been on a leave of absence from Congress since June for medical treatment — to meet with federal prosecutors this week in an attempt to persuade them not to bring charges against the congressman, sources said.

Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. under federal investigation over alleged financial improprieties - Open Channel

So he is hospitalized for months and then this comes to light?

It's not his fault, he's a nut case, who was off his meds. Sounds like a great commiecrat defense to me. Plus you add his color and Holder will just overlook the whole thing. It's part of that social justice thing don'cha know.

It's not his fault, he's a nut case, who was off his meds. Sounds like a great commiecrat defense to me. Plus you add his color and Holder will just overlook the whole thing. It's part of that social justice thing don'cha know.

I would not be surprised. Add this to Obama's seat buying, it's insane! This investigation by the FBI started JUST before he entered the hospital. Sounds awfully suspicious to me!

The sources, confirming an account in the Chicago Sun-Times, said the new probe is being run out of the U.S. Attorney's Office in Washington, D.C. The Sun-Times report cited sources who said the probe focusing on "suspicious activity" was launched shortly before Jackson's sudden leave of absence in June.

Source: Feds Launch New Investigation of Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. | NBC Chicago

it would be a bummer if he died before he could be completely discredited.

Though i think in reality he's already been completely discredited.

What's wrong with him that he's spending months in a hospital?

Where are the libs coming to his defense ?

They were counting on huge wins in this state.

Ain't gonna happen.

What's wrong with him that he's spending months in a hospital?

Rumor is he has bi-polar disorder. Though that in itself doesn't easily explain such a long hospitalization. Maybe if his previous history was that of type II, and he ended up going through an extreme full manic episode. :dunno:

Granny says, "What is crooked cannot be made straight, what is lacking cannot be numbered - Eccl: 1.15...
:eusa_eh:
Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. might be heading back to Mayo Clinic
October 18, 2012 - Sneed hears U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., who is in a world of hurt and heat *— medically and legally — may be returning to Mayo Clinic for treatment.
A Sneed source who claims to have visited Jackson this week said, “Jesse wanted you to know he is finding it difficult to continue his treatment because the press is staking out his home and making access to his doctor, who is within a short walking distance from his home, incredibly hard.” “He said his doctors are considering sending him back to Mayo Clinic for treatment.”

The source added Jackson, who is being treated for bipolar disorder during his four-month absence from work, is trying “to stay focused and calm to enhance his treatment and is just following doctor’s orders.” Jackson, who is also being investigated by the Feds, sees his doctor twice a day. Jackson is recuperating, not working and has no intention of dropping out of his re-election campaign, according to the source.

Congressman Jackson, the subject of a Gawker.com report that he was spotted recently having drinks on two nights with two different women at a beer bar in Washington, claims the women were “lobbyists... friends,” according to the source. “Jesse was not working, just catching up and chatting with friends,” the source added. Gawker reported Jesse and the women “didn’t appear intoxicated or loud, but were definitely enjoying themselves.”

The Sun-Times disclosed on Friday that federal investigators have launched a new probe of Jackson’s finances for suspicious activity. A later Wall Street Journal report, which said Jackson was being probed for allegedly using campaign money to decorate his D.C. house, contends the probe is nearing completion and attorneys for the lawmaker recently sought assurance from senior Justice Department officials they would not seek an indictment before the November election. The request was refused. Ald. Sandi Jackson, Jackson’s wife, who steadfastly supports her husband and father of their two children despite public reports of his infidelity two years ago, recently described reporters as “jackals” at a campaign fund-raiser in Chicago. Stay tuned.

Obamarama...

I met the Jr. in his DC office last March. He's got good in his eyes but he's surrounded. If I could, I'd give him a big ol' hug. I bet his old man never hugged him. We all could use a little kindness and compassion in our lives. Up until that day I totally despised him, and to this day I don't like his politics.

But I saw a scared insecure youth in his eyes. In a way I saw my own sons in his face. So before I left, I shook his hand and told him that I was very glad to have met him. And I meant it.

You want to keep bangin' on the kid then let's move this to the Flame Z.

Yeah, he has been preparing his defense with this "mental illness" bullshit. That's the best he and his lawyers could come up with. There is a very good chance that an indictment will be handed to him in the near future.

Last edited:
Granny says it's a miracle...
:eusa_shifty:
Congressman Jackson says he's 'starting to heal'
20 Oct.`12 — Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. spoke out about his treatment for depression for the first time since the start of his secretive, four-month leave of absence, releasing a robocall Saturday to his south Chicago constituents in which he asks for patience while he recovers.
The 47-year-old Illinois Democrat and son of civil rights leader the Rev. Jesse Jackson quietly went on leave in early June and hasn't appeared publicly since, despite seeking re-election for a ninth term in office. Jackson's office didn't publicly disclose he had gone on leave until two weeks into it, and it initially refused to specify the nature of his illness or even say where he was. It was later revealed he had been hospitalized for treatment of bipolar disorder and gastrointestinal problems, first at a facility in Arizona and later at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.

He was released in September and returned to the family's home in Washington, but has yet to return to the campaign trail with barely two and a half weeks to go before Election Day. "Like many human beings, a series of events came together in my life at the same time and they have been difficult to sort through," Jackson said in the automated phone call. "I am human. I am doing my best. I am trying to sort through them all."

Jackson thanked his supporters and said he is "starting to heal" but that his doctors tell him the road to recovery is a long one. "I am anxious to return to work on your behalf, but at this time it is against medical advice, and while I will always give my all to my constituents, I ask for your continued patience as I work to get my health back," he said. The timing of the leave also has raised questions, since it comes as Jackson is under a House Ethics Committee investigation for ties to Illinois' imprisoned former Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

The committee is looking into allegations that Jackson was involved in discussions about raising money for Blagojevich's campaign in exchange for the then-governor appointing him to President Barack Obama's vacated U.S. Senate seat. Blagojevich has been imprisoned since March on corruption charges, including having tried to sell the seat. Jackson has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing. Jackson, who first won office in 1995, is on the November ballot with two little-known candidates. He's widely expected to win re-election.

Congressman Jackson says he's 'starting to heal' - Yahoo! News

Yeah, he has been preparing his defense with this "mental illness" bullshit. That's the best he and his lawyers could come up with. There is a very good chance that an indictment will be handed to him in the near future.

lol Yeah, mental illness which makes one spend campaign money on home renovations and furniture.

U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) is currently under investigation by Federal prosecutors and the Federal Bureau of Investigation for allegedly misusing campaign money. And according to the Wall Street Journal, the money was spent to to decorate his home in Washington, D.C.

That’s right, the Chicago congressman and son of civil-rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson may have used that money to spruce up the Dupont Circle family house that was put on the market for $2.5 million in September.

We’ve heard of campaign money being spent on banners and signs supporting the candidate. But not pillows and rugs. And though no specific amount has been suggested on how much money may have gone toward home decor for his house, if it’s true, we hope to get a pick at the goods.

Jesse Jackson Jr., Congressman, Allegedly Used Campaign Money To Decorate His Home

I met the Jr. in his DC office last March. He's got good in his eyes but he's surrounded. If I could, I'd give him a big ol' hug. I bet his old man never hugged him. We all could use a little kindness and compassion in our lives. Up until that day I totally despised him, and to this day I don't like his politics.

Similar story when I first met him. Don't know the nature of your meeting, but for me it had nothing to do with his work. I've encountered him on his personal time, along with his family. I'm inclined to agree with you regarding his upbringing. He has a very caring and nurturing way with his own kids. So much so that it struck me within minutes that he's above the bar, sort of speak, in that regard. I remember wondering then how it seemed odd in a way, when I tried to imagine him coming from that kind of devoted nurturing upbringing himself. I just couldn't picture his own father setting that kind of example for him as to how to be a good father.

CaféAuLait;6194742 said:
lol Yeah, mental illness which makes one spend campaign money on home renovations and furniture.

IF the allegations prove to be true, it's makes alot of sense that his bipolar disorder contributed significantly to his actions. If you understood anything about bipolar disorder you'd know that. Both mania and hypo-mania lead to reckless and risky behaviors with little to no recognition or consideration of the inherent dangers or impropriety of those behaviors. Even hypo-mania can lead a person to speed down the road or highway going backwards in the lane, engage in highly risky and promiscuous acts, severe substance abuse, just as a few examples. Excessive and extravagant spending and overspending is another common sign of hypo-mania and mania, as well as theft to support such spending.

The reason why these things happen is because mania affects the mechanisms by which a person recognizes risk and acceptable behavior. Let's take the example of driving the wrong way down the road. There are three basic stopping mechanisms at work here. The possibility of personal injury (direct personal risk to self), the possibility of punishment by law enforcement (indirect personal risk to self), and the possibility of hurting someone else (violation of ethics). In a manic or hypo-manic state a person can become overcome with the illusion of invincibility or substantially decreased vulnerability. This overrides a person's recognition of the risks to self involved in activities, and thus the stopping mechanism fails. Meanwhile a person can also become overwhelmed with a positive that overrides their recognition of ethical violations. As a result, that stopping mechanism fails too.

The idea that Jackson is trying to manufacture a defense really doesn't make much sense, because bipolar disorder is rarely recognized as sufficient defense for legal troubles. And when it is, its only found as such under cases of extreme mood and short term behaviors. The few cases I've read about involved instances of extreme mania only; never depression or hypo-mania. A person who embezzles money for years will not find a defense by attributing their actions to bipolar disorder because episodes don't last that long, and a person would be expected to make amends and take corrective action at some point along the way during times of healthy mental state. If Jackson did commit these actions, he'd have an easier time relying on old fashioned legal maneuvering by which to defend himself.

Forum List

Back