Rep Jeff Van Drew, a New Jersey Democrat opposed to impeaching Trump, plans to switch parties to GOP

On the one hand I'll give him credit for sticking to his principles. On the other hand there had to be reasons he ran as a (D) as opposed to a (R). Seems to me that the thing you do here is switch to (I).
He was voted in as a Democrat, he should serve as a Democrat. If he can't do that, then resign.

I would feel the same exact way if he was a Republican who said he wanted to switch to being a Democrat.

A lot of people feel that way and I even understand that argument but it does happen.

If he flips and then votes to impeach...the MSM will smother us with "IMPEACHMENT WAS BIPARTISAN...IT HAD REPUBLICAN VOTES".

I smell a rat!

A democ RAT!

If he flips and then votes to impeach...the MSM will smother us with "IMPEACHMENT WAS BIPARTISAN...IT HAD REPUBLICAN VOTES".

I smell a rat!

A democ RAT!
so the House of Representatives is like the mafia?

the Dems in Trump districts are chameleons. they lie to get elected. becoming a Republican and voting against impeachment is the only honorable option

If they are a democrat running as a repub in 2020 you wont have an option to vote for a real repub.

"if the Horowitz Report vindicated the FBI, then the bible vindicated Judas!" - Marvelous Matt Gaetz on Judge Jeanine

From the OP article: "Van Drew's decision comes after a meeting with Trump on Friday."

So Trump will support him in his next election bids. That never hurts.

Drew already has three GOP challengers, including businessman David Richter, who has the ability to self-fund and has already loaned his campaign $300,000. Switching to a Republican -- and incumbent -- would sure help that problem.

Trump carried the district by 5 points in 2016. Van Drew won it by 8 points in 2018. Sounds like a match made in Heaven....

"Local Democrats were enraged by the news." Yeah, I bet they were. Drew gets to be on the winning side now, and everyone is laughing and pointing at the Jersey Dems.

Good on him!

Everybody is sick and tired of this stupid, ridiculous shame-peachment .....this circus....this pony and dog show......it is sick!!!!

My God...I never imagined the DemonRats could reach this absurd... this foolish, moronic level

Mercy God....give us all strength !!
Man. I been shittin out popcorn faster than I can make it. Lol

are you a moron or something?

Forum List

Back