Rep Jeff Van Drew, a New Jersey Democrat opposed to impeaching Trump, plans to switch parties to GOP

On the one hand I'll give him credit for sticking to his principles. On the other hand there had to be reasons he ran as a (D) as opposed to a (R). Seems to me that the thing you do here is switch to (I).

Anti-impeachment Democrat Jeff Van Drew meets with Trump to discuss party switch
Anti-impeachment Democrat Jeff Van Drew meets with Trump to discuss party switch

Rep. Jeff Van Drew, D-N.J., met with President Trump on Friday to discuss going across party lines and joining the Republican Party -- this after he has spent months criticizing fellow Democrats for their push to impeach Trump.
A source confirmed to Fox News on Saturday that Van Drew met with Trump to discuss switching parties.
Another source told Fox News that Van Drew may be seeking a Rose Garden ceremony if he were to switch. Van Drew is one of two Democrats who opposed the resolution codifying the impeachment probe. In addition, Van Drew indicated last week he would not support impeachment and thought impeachment would backfire on Democrats......

......He said the "Founding Fathers had vigorous debates of whether they would even allow impeachment in the Constitution," and that he favors allowing voters to decide the matter in next year's election.
"You don't disenfranchise voters, millions upon millions of voters. Voters choose their leaders in America," Van Drew had said.

• Banned
House Democratic leadership expects to lose members during the impeachment vote. One of those members could be presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard, who is giving up her congressional seat to focus on the 2020 race.

Gabbard is not an establishment Democrat, nor is she a party loyalist. Indeed, much of her presidential campaign has been spent distancing herself from the Democratic Party — a party that is no longer one “of, by, and for the people,” she said last month. Gabbard wants to represent a new, better Democratic Party. If she’s serious, then she should vote against impeachment

House Democratic leadership expects to lose members during the impeachment vote. One of those members could be presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard, who is giving up her congressional seat to focus on the 2020 race.

Gabbard is not an establishment Democrat, nor is she a party loyalist. Indeed, much of her presidential campaign has been spent distancing herself from the Democratic Party — a party that is no longer one “of, by, and for the people,” she said last month. Gabbard wants to represent a new, better Democratic Party. If she’s serious, then she should vote against impeachment

If she switches you know what they will say: She was a Russian agent all along

On the one hand I'll give him credit for sticking to his principles. On the other hand there had to be reasons he ran as a (D) as opposed to a (R). Seems to me that the thing you do here is switch to (I).
And maybe he will but that's not your call.
Rep. Jeff Van Drew, D-N.J., met with President Trump on Friday to discuss going across party lines and joining the Republican Party -- this after he has spent months criticizing fellow Democrats for their push to impeach Trump... He said the "Founding Fathers had vigorous debates of whether they would even allow impeachment in the Constitution," and that he favors allowing voters to decide the matter in next year's election. "You don't disenfranchise voters, millions upon millions of voters. Voters choose their leaders in America," Van Drew had said.
He speaks like one who - unlike his colleagues who voted for impeachment-lite yesterday - actually read and understands the meaning of the COTUS. Perhaps like many he simply woke up on Friday and realized his party had left him.

BET Founder: Democratic Party Has Moved "Too Far To The Left"

Says the dummy............

Sanford1.jpg
:)

He was voted in as a Democrat, he should serve as a Democrat. If he can't do that, then resign.

I would feel the same exact way if he was a Republican who said he wanted to switch to being a Democrat.

His district went for Obama by 8% & only for Trump by 4%. He won the seat after a popular Republican (Lobiondo) retired. VanDrew won b/c of name recognition. He’s been around...He would have been fine if he fought for Democracy instead of himself.

Forum List

Back