Rep. Jason Chaffetz: No evidence of wrongdoing by Planned Parenthood

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
5616ed431400002200c79887.jpeg

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said Thursday that the GOP's investigation into Planned Parenthood's use of federal funds hasn't turned up anything.

"Did I look at the finances and have a hearing specifically as to the revenue portion and how they spend? Yes. Was there any wrongdoing? I didn't find any," he said during a Judiciary Committee hearing on the family planning provider.

Chaffetz, a candidate for House speaker, grilled Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richardsduring a five-hour hearing last week. He questioned her salary, asked about the organization's expenses and revenues, and pressed Richards on why the group had revenue of $127 million last year if it's a nonprofit. (Nonprofits put their revenues back into their programs.)

But after all that, he concluded that Planned Parenthood isn't doing anything sketchy with its money. "Did we find any wrongdoing? The answer was no," Chaffetz said.

More: GOP Probe Into Planned Parenthood Funding Comes Up Empty

Gee, I wonder why Chaffetz is trying to act sane now - after what he put Cecile Richards through. Could his quest to be House Speaker have anything to do with his change of attitude?

You darn betcha wink wink that House Speakership makes him act sane.

Jason, actually, is an OK guy if you know him.

I don't think he would shut the govt down. A new primary system in Utah makes him vulnerable to mainstream challengers.

What was the first thing that democrats tackled when they gained the majority in congress in Bush's last term? The economy? Foreign policy? Nope, a senate committee tackled steroid use in baseball. After two years and countless testimony (while Fannie Mae was collapsing) the democrats managed to indict a single Hall of Fame pitcher. Does steroid use in baseball compare to selling human body parts?

Yes, ONE Republican's OPINION is FACT and shall be run up the poll along with Kevin McCarthy's OPINION! The JakeAss probably won't understand the similarity!
You talk like that all the time. Your facts are normally nothing more than your opinions. The fact is Jason has a new primary situation with which he has to be careful. He won't go Yosemite Sam by damn for the far right.

Yes, ONE Republican's OPINION is FACT and shall be run up the poll along with Kevin McCarthy's OPINION! The JakeAss probably won't understand the similarity!
You talk like that all the time. Your facts are normally nothing more than your opinions. The fact is Jason has a new primary situation with which he has to be careful. He won't go Yosemite Sam by damn for the far right.

Well JakeAss, I'll gladly link anything I say to anything you say, and we can see who tells the truth... Has to be careful, in other words, he cares MORE about himself, than doing what is right...typical politician...thanks for pointing that out!

Republicans....never let the absence of evidence stop you from investigating endlessly

5616ed431400002200c79887.jpeg

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said Thursday that the GOP's investigation into Planned Parenthood's use of federal funds hasn't turned up anything.

"Did I look at the finances and have a hearing specifically as to the revenue portion and how they spend? Yes. Was there any wrongdoing? I didn't find any," he said during a Judiciary Committee hearing on the family planning provider.

Chaffetz, a candidate for House speaker, grilled Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richardsduring a five-hour hearing last week. He questioned her salary, asked about the organization's expenses and revenues, and pressed Richards on why the group had revenue of $127 million last year if it's a nonprofit. (Nonprofits put their revenues back into their programs.)

But after all that, he concluded that Planned Parenthood isn't doing anything sketchy with its money. "Did we find any wrongdoing? The answer was no," Chaffetz said.

More: GOP Probe Into Planned Parenthood Funding Comes Up Empty

Gee, I wonder why Chaffetz is trying to act sane now - after what he put Cecile Richards through. Could his quest to be House Speaker have anything to do with his change of attitude?
This STUPID, HUFF'N PUFF article makes NO MENTION about the SELLING OF INFANT FETUS BODY PARTS, so his statement is taken COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT, by the LEFTARDS... AGAIN... SHOCKER.

What a load of dog crap.

NEXT!

Ya... "FUNNY"... chief micro brain, his comment was in reference to what they're doing with their money AFTER the fact, NOT HOW THEY GET IT.

This entire fucking article by the PROG HUFF'N PUFF is ANOTHER full blown PARTISAN HACK PIECE.

You fucking people are PATHETIC.

The OLD SQUAW, LIES AGAIN!!!!

Fact checkers take note: Biden’s suggestion that funding cuts may have undermined security at the consulate has been disproven—by his own administration. Eli Lake debunks.

Are Budget Cuts to Blame for Benghazi Attack, as Biden Suggested?

Aw, gee, so now Biden is one of your "credible" sources?

Huffington post is a far left blog site, yet you used it as your "source"..

And yet Planned Parenthood does not need federal money to survive..

So why does the far left want to keep funding it?

You obviously don't know jack shit about Planned Parenthood as it relates to Medicare/Medicaid and federal funds for poor people.

New Topics

Forum List

Back