Rep. Jane Harman of California to resign

"had to know" does not cut it.
How about some PROOF.
To date there is no proof she was offered the job before last November 4.
Do you have any proof?

I agree, any suggestion that she knew she was looking to make this move is unfounded at this point. But whether or not she knew on Nov. 4 or if she was just offered the position yesterday, I think that the more important thing is that she accepted her current "position" as a Congresswoman, and the responsible thing to do would be to follow through with holding her office for her elected term. I'm not a fan of people prematurely leaving office for nothing more than an "other" offer, including election to an alternate office.

well, I have to say I admire her more than, well just about any other dem congresscritter, she stood up to nancy and I think called it as she saw it. More moderate than fanatical by far....to bad.

Harman is a Blue Dog. Hopefully she'll be replaced by a Liberal Democrat.

Harman a "blue dog democrat? She has a %100 NARAL pro abortion rating. She has an "F" from the NRA. She has a %100 from the gay rights people. She voted for the stimulous and against the Border Fence. How is she a blue dog?
Rep. Jane Harman resigns, thinning ranks of Democrats' Blue Dogs - CSMonitor.com

No wonder democrats lost the congressional majority in the greatest landslide in modern history. They thought the left was the middle.

That's just wrong. She had to know about this before the election. Now the people have to pay

How about some PROOF.
Do you have any proof?

Proof of what? When she was offered the job? Like The Rock says, "IT DOESNT MATTER WHEN SHE WAS OFFERED THE JOB!" :razz: If she was offered the job before the election and she ran anyway she looks bad. If it was after the election and she took the job despite being elected to serve a two year term she looks bad.

The constant here is that Harmon looks bad in this situation.

Harman is a Blue Dog. Hopefully she'll be replaced by a Liberal Democrat.

Harman a "blue dog democrat? She has a %100 NARAL pro abortion rating. She has an "F" from the NRA. She has a %100 from the gay rights people. She voted for the stimulous and against the Border Fence. How is she a blue dog?

I know no one "pro abortion".
As a conservative I fear the power of government.
What Border fence?

How about some PROOF.
Do you have any proof?

I agree, any suggestion that she knew she was looking to make this move is unfounded at this point. But whether or not she knew on Nov. 4 or if she was just offered the position yesterday, I think that the more important thing is that she accepted her current "position" as a Congresswoman, and the responsible thing to do would be to follow through with holding her office for her elected term. I'm not a fan of people prematurely leaving office for nothing more than an "other" offer, including election to an alternate office.

I totally agree with that.

That's just wrong. She had to know about this before the election. Now the people have to pay

How about some PROOF.
Do you have any proof?

Proof of what? When she was offered the job? Like The Rock says, "IT DOESNT MATTER WHEN SHE WAS OFFERED THE JOB!" :razz: If she was offered the job before the election and she ran anyway she looks bad. If it was after the election and she took the job despite being elected to serve a two year term she looks bad.

The constant here is that Harmon looks bad in this situation.

Exactly. She is a Quitter...good luck to her in her new job...but do not bother to come back and try to run for any political office again.

Forum List

Back