Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) Admits Obama Healthcare Plan Will Destroy Insurance Ind.

When did insurance become the be-all and end-all of well-being?

when 78 million people have no access to health care because they are uninsured and half of all bankruptcies result from unanticipated medical costs, it's a pretty significant problem.

The OP isn't quite accurate, either. What she ACTUALLY said was that she has confidence the alternatives to the big insurance companies will be SO GOOD by comparison that the big insurance companies won't be able to compete.

Isn't that what the right likes? Competition?

hmmmmmmmmmm

so where will the government buy this insurance.....form the current crop of those that sell it.....there isn't any competition being created then.....unless the us government gets into the health insurance business and they take the premiums and create an insurance fund that pays your claims.....yikes.....

if they do the latter and offer lower cost insurance they will need to cover the discount somehow .... let me guess payroll deduction from everyone no matter if you use it or not .....

so you will buy your health insurance from the government and they will process your claims......

when 78 million people have no access to health care because they are uninsured and half of all bankruptcies result from unanticipated medical costs, it's a pretty significant problem.

This is my big problem with so-called fiscal conservatives. If they really cared about our national economy they'd realize that 1/2 of all bankruptcies are caused because of inadequate medical insurance. We've given the private sector long enough to try to fix the problem. It's time for a solution. This is what the people voted for in November....

This is my big problem with so-called fiscal conservatives. If they really cared about our national economy they'd realize that 1/2 of all bankruptcies are caused because of inadequate medical insurance. We've given the private sector long enough to try to fix the problem. It's time for a solution. This is what the people voted for in November....

This is my big problem with so-called rational liberals. If there were really all these overwhelming numbers to support their assertions, they'd prove it, instead of just making the fucking assertion over and over, hoping that THIS TIME, I'll take their word for it.

Put up or shut up.

This is my big problem with so-called rational liberals. If there were really all these overwhelming numbers to support their assertions, they'd prove it, instead of just making the fucking assertion over and over, hoping that THIS TIME, I'll take their word for it.

Put up or shut up.

No Problem: The Online NewsHour: The Uninsured in America | PBS

45 million uninsured, 25 million UNDER insured - this means they have insurance, but it's lousy!

In America, we pay twice as much per capita as most other industrialized nations for health care. Yet our average lifespan is lower than theirs, and our infant mortality rate is far higher. Their seniors are healthy than ours, while they have nobody in their nations going bankrupt because of medical bills, we have 700,000 American families a year that go through that.

But the CEOs of HMOs make a lot of money. Isn't that so wonderful?
HMO Executive Salaries

How many times do i have to tell morons like you that the life span, infant mortality rates, etc.... have nothing to do with healthcare. That's as much of a lie as global warming for christ sakes..........

Last edited:
In America, we pay twice as much per capita as most other industrialized nations for health care. Yet our average lifespan is lower than theirs, and our infant mortality rate is far higher. Their seniors are healthy than ours, while they have nobody in their nations going bankrupt because of medical bills, we have 700,000 American families a year that go through that.

But the CEOs of HMOs make a lot of money. Isn't that so wonderful?
HMO Executive Salaries

How many times do i have to tell morons like you that the life span, infant mortality rates, etc.... have nothing to do with healthcare. That's as much of a lie as global warming for christ sakes..........

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. Basically, if they were capable of getting it, they wouldn't be morons. Or leftists. Wait, is that redundant?

Put up or shut up.

No Problem: The Online NewsHour: The Uninsured in America | PBS

45 million uninsured, 25 million UNDER insured - this means they have insurance, but it's lousy!

PBS Online, with a bunch of generalized stats. THAT'S your idea of proof? Give me a fucking break.

By the way, Mensa Boy, the original number Jillian gave was 75 million without any access to healthcare. And I believe there was a 1/2 of all bankruptcies number floating around.

See, this is why I just sneer at you dumbasses. You throw out huge numbers randomly like a drunken, blindfolded guy target-shooting, and the best proof you can provide is PBS with yet MORE unsubstantiated, generalized huge numbers.

Forum List

Back