Rep. Jackson facing mounting calls to explain illness, extended absence

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Democratic Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. is facing mounting calls to provide more details about his unexplained indefinite leave of absence from Congress.

The congressman's office says a "serious" medical condition has Jackson undergoing treatment. But officials as high as Sen. Dick Durbin, a Democrat and senior member of the Illinois congressional delegation, are now urging him to clear up what exactly has kept him from work since June 10. Durbin is joined by church leaders, Jackson political challengers and voters in asking for more details and expressing concern about whether they are still being represented by their elected official.

Read more: Rep. Jackson facing mounting calls to explain illness, extended absence | Fox News

One has to wonder.. "what the hell is he hiding?"

if he's sick he's sick. he should atleast have the decency to tell his constituents and allow them to be represented.

server

I though I heard he's under investigation right before he disappeared probably to mount a defense IR cover up for any issues that come up. Illinois is funny as hell how despicable they all are

The longer his camp waits to explain, the harder it will be to believe them...

That's just the way the rumor mill works...

Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr., in an interview with POLITICO, pushed back on an unconfirmed report that his 47-year-old son attempted suicide.

The elder Jackson was responding to a “rumor” broadcast by an Illinois radio station Tuesday. WLS of Chicago cited “two high-ranking people on the Democratic side of the aisle, in both fundraising and in the legislative branch” as the source of this information, none of which it had confirmed with Jackson’s office or family.

Jesse Jackson Jr. mystery deepens - John Bresnahan and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

Whatever the case, there needs to be an explanation and a reference to how lonmg he should be ill. His district needs representatation. This should not be allowed to last as long as Gifford's absence.

Such heartfelt concern for the man's constituents. Admirable. Phony as hell, but very admirable.

And what makes you think it's phoney? I dont want people neglected regardless of whether they are Democrats or Republicans. They have the right to have a representative who can adequately represent them. Not exactly like I expect a Democrat seat in IL to change hands or if it even mattered.

No offense to Illinois cons lol I get the Detroit crap all the time, but don't live there so I took the cheap shot. But really what a liberal Mecca that place is :lol: the mayor of Chicago had to sweet talk the gang bangers law enforcement must not be popular in Illinois&Chicago? Anyway I bet its fake suicide attempt for sympathy in case of a possible charge. I mean its totally logical and probable I guess considering the history there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back