Rep. Hinchey: Bush ‘intentionally let Bin Laden get away’

Jay Canuck

by Crom you'll pay!
Jul 30, 2009
Link
Excerpt:
The Bush bastards permitted the world's most notorious terrorist mastermind to escape because they needed additional justification to invade Iraq, according to a Democratic lawmaker from New York.

Rep. Maurice Hinchey (D-NY) leveled the allegation during an interview Monday afternoon. "Look what happened with regard to our invasion into Afghanistan, how we apparently intentionally let bin Laden get away," he said. "How we intentionally did not follow the Taliban and al-Qaeda as they were escaping. That was done by the previous administration because they knew very well that if they would capture al-Qaeda, there would be no justification for an invasion in Iraq." "They deliberately let Osama bin Laden get away?" asked an incredulous David Shuster. "You really believe that?" "Yes, I do," Hinchey replied. "There's no question about that."

Wow! - a Democrat with a set of stones!

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"We turned Tora Bora 2,000 degrees when Bin Laden was there.
You can count me among those who think Bin Laden is dead, by the way.
-- Rush Limbaugh, ignoring the fact that we've gotten several bin Laden tapes
since Bush let his old partner escape at Tora Bora

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
- G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]​

I doubt they intentionally let him get away. Seriously.

Link
Excerpt:
The Bush bastards permitted the world's most notorious terrorist mastermind to escape because they needed additional justification to invade Iraq, according to a Democratic lawmaker from New York.

Rep. Maurice Hinchey (D-NY) leveled the allegation during an interview Monday afternoon. "Look what happened with regard to our invasion into Afghanistan, how we apparently intentionally let bin Laden get away," he said. "How we intentionally did not follow the Taliban and al-Qaeda as they were escaping. That was done by the previous administration because they knew very well that if they would capture al-Qaeda, there would be no justification for an invasion in Iraq." "They deliberately let Osama bin Laden get away?" asked an incredulous David Shuster. "You really believe that?" "Yes, I do," Hinchey replied. "There's no question about that."

A set of stones? I guess if you think it takes a set to be a liar. Provide evidence that Bush intentionally let Osama get away or shut the fuck up!

Link
Excerpt:

A set of stones? I guess if you think it takes a set to be a liar. Provide evidence that Bush intentionally let Osama get away or shut the fuck up!

why would they need let him get away>>>??????? 9-11 was an inside job.. ask the truthers! somebody needs to get their fucking stories straight.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"...Secondly, he is not escaping us. This is a guy, who, three months ago, was in control of a county [sic]. Now he's maybe in control of a cave. He's on the run. Listen, a while ago I said to the American people, our objective is more than bin Laden. But one of the things for certain is we're going to get him running and keep him running, and bring him to justice. And that's what's happening. He's on the run, if he's running at all. So we don't know whether he's in cave with the door shut, or a cave with the door open -- we just don't know...."
- Bush, in remarks in a Press Availablity with the Press Travel Pool,
The Prairie Chapel Ranch, Crawford TX, 12/28/01, as reported on
official White House site

At best, GW's own words, or at least the ones you posted, indicate a change in priority. They are not evidence that Bush, his administration, the military, or the CIA, intentionally let Osama bin Laden get away. One can only surmise why his attitude changed, perhaps they determined that containment was just as effective as capture and directed their priorities elsewhere?

Personally, I would have liked to have seen that lanky bastard hunted down and brought to justice, or killed fighting to avoid being brought in, before Bush did anything else, but no one asked me.

no more than clinton gore tennant and clarke did.....

We all know that when Clinton had Bin Laden in his sights, there were children present. Republicans know that but they purposely overlook it. What a bunch of jerks.

I doubt they intentionally let him get away. Seriously.

I don't. They needed the cover of "war on terror" to "invade" Iraq and make $$$. They never intended for the Iraq war to end either. Too much $$$ there for multinational "security" corporations.

Link
Excerpt:

Turning your back on someone you had cornered and walking away. Is it "intentional"? That's the question.

Who let Saudis flee after 9/11?

Boston Globe

CIVIL LIBERTIES in an age of terrorism require a careful balance between preserving important rights cherished by all Americans and the need for law enforcement to investigate and prevent terrorist attacks. The importance of a balanced standard is particularly evident in President Bush's request to Congress for additional law-enforcement powers to investigate terrorist suspects while questions persist about why the White House and FBI permitted 140 Saudis (including two-dozen relatives of Osama bin Laden) to leave hurriedly from the United States for Saudi Arabia.

In the days immediately following Sept. 11, 2001, while the airways were still closed to all other flights, Americans couldn't fly into the country but relatives of bin Laden were able to fly out. The Justice Department and the FBI inspector general should investigate why these obvious "persons of interest" were permitted to leave the country without being seriously interrogated.

and some first class tickets for Bin Ladens family!

If this really is the case (and I really doubt that it is) it will come out sooner or later. Too many people would have had to know - if it's true, they'll start spilling the beans.

But I'm not gonna be holding my breath

Bush didn't let him get away, he just gave Bin Laden a 7 year head start.

Could you imagine if a Democratic President did that? They like to say Clinton did, but we all know that's not true.

For one thing, the terrorists that attacked us before 9/11 are in prison or dead. Clinton wanted to get Bin Laden, but the only time they had a good shot, there were children around. Republicans would have had a field day if children had been killed. Republicans ALWAYS put party politics over national interests. They do it now.

Forum List

Back