Rep. Duncan Hunter and wife indicted on fraud and campaign finance charges

A certain big Orange Derp. Campaign finance violations of $130K are federal felonies.

Dimocraps took every penny the unions would give them and did not complain! Right?

Republicans are corrupt. Full stop.

I think you misspelled 'politicians'. ;)

Perhaps.....However, here's some data

upload_2018-8-21_18-4-23.png

Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) and his wife have been indicted for misusing $250,000 in campaign funds and filing false campaign finance documents.

The indictment comes after a yearlong Justice Department investigation into whether the congressman and early supporter of President Trump illegally misused campaign funds for personal reasons. He and his wife Margaret, who also served as his campaign manager, are accused of routinely using campaign money to pay to fly his pet rabbit back and forth from his district, as well as for dental work, multiple vacations including one to Italy, and heavy spending at restaurants.

The charges: Conspiracy to enrich themselves by using campaign funds “for their own personal benefit,” even though campaign staffers warned them that they were violating the law.

GOP Congressman, Early Trump Backer Duncan Hunter Indicted

There's no doubt in my mind this won't be the last Republican indicted before the mid terms.

His mistake was being a Republican. Had he been a Democrat, the DOJ wouldn't have cared.

His mistake was being a Republican. Had he been a Democrat, the DOJ wouldn't have cared.

LAME....very lame, Just accept that the guy is a cheap crook, got caught and deserves prison-time........You'll feel better rather than bitter.

Republicans are corrupt. Full stop.

I think you misspelled 'politicians'. ;)

Perhaps.....However, here's some data

View attachment 212162

Sadly, while Republican presidents may have had more corrupt administrations in recent decades, they also may have just been caught more often. Politics and corruption have gone hand in hand for far longer than Republicans and Democrats, or this country, have existed.

Nor am I limiting my comments to merely presidential administrations. I have no idea whether Republican or Democrat congresspeople have had more criminal charges/convictions against them.

I don't mean to justify any of the criminal activities by members or former members of the current administration, or Trump's campaign. I'm not proposing a "this group does it, so it's OK for this other group to do it" argument.

We obviously have to get rid of the head of the DOJ, the filthy Democrat who appointed him, and the Democrat controlled Senate that confirmed him.

Last edited:
Get money out of politics, stat.
Democrats wanted to. Pubs said no. Pubs love their dark money.

Seriously Johnlaw?
Do you really think Obama and Clinton want to give up
the millions they make off their public speaking, books and other engagements?
This pays big bucks.

I don't think you are going to solve the problem by taking AWAY the money.
But I do think we can solve the problem of abuse of political parties
by requiring them to fund their own programs and representation.
So if they abuse funds, it only hurts THAT group. Not taxpayers
who have the freedom to bypass and only pay for programs/policies
we consent to which represent our values and voices.

The day we start treating political parties like religious organizations
and keep BOTH out of govt, then we'll see where the money goes.

The same leaders and lobbies will push to collect and raise money.
That won't change.
What will change is where they put the money.
When all party leaders and members are required to fund their own policies.
Just like any other religious groups, why not with political religions and parties?

Wouldn't that be nice?
Wouldn't that make sense?

Forum List

Back