Rep. Diane Watson (D.-Calif.) at Town Hall Meeting Says Opponents are "Trying to see

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brn2bfree, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Brn2bfree

Brn2bfree Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Rep. Diane Watson (D.-Calif.) at Town Hall Meeting Says Opponents are "Trying to see that the First President who looks Like Me -- Fails"

I am getting a little ticked off with the ridiculous comments coming from our elected officials on both sides of the aisle over health care reform. The latest comments to raise eyebrows came from Rep. Diane E. Watson (D-Calif.) last night during a town hall meeting at Wade AME Church. She claimed that "those opposed to health care reform are attempting to destroy a president "who looks like me." Her exact words were, "They are spreading fear and they're trying to see that the first president who looks like me -- fails."

Of course, she wasn't through putting her foot in her mouth. She went on to praise the healthcare system in Cuba, and apparently the Cuban revolution itself. She deliberately chose to ignore the fact that the people living in Cuba are living under communist rule and they are technologically years behind the United States. It's amazing that the left is mysteriously silent on this racial dig, but they landed like a ton of bricks on Republican Rep. Lynn Jenkins who mentioned the "great white hope" in her comments at a town hall meeting in Kansas. Sorry, but this is ridiculous and counterproductive on both sides of the aisle.

http://blackpoliticalthought.blogspo...town-hall.html

Your source for a daily dose of conservative commentary on social and political issues from an African American

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I can't believe that this woman is a represetative, a member of Congress. I can't believe we elected a person who sounds like her.

She loves Fidel Castro...'He was one of the brightest leaders I've ever met'

She is a birther! She said, 'A country who has elected someone from Kenya and Kansas'.

2. Fatality

Fatality SunCrackedSoul

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +280
    [​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. concept

concept Evil Mongering

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +340
    It's the same old racecard bullshit they have been pulling along.

The problem is (for them) people are getting sick and tired of getting called racists.

4. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,993
    Funny that Republicans (not saying you) like to boast about US superiority in technology. Republicans have been slashing education funding for years. Less than 6% of scientists are Republican. Republicans want to replace science with mysticism.

Even worse, the highest paid CEO for a health care company draws a salary of 38 million per year and gets a bonus of 130 million over 5 years for a total of 320 million dollars. One salary. How many Republicans paying for insurance does it take to pay a salary of 320 million dollars? Worse, many Republicans, except for those on Medicare or VA, don't even have health care insurance. Worst, many Republicans don't even know that Medicare and the VA are grovernment run. Go figure.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  5. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,123
    What does this have to do with Watson crying racism and hailing Castro?

6. GWV5903

GWV5903 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,294
    You're not interested in solutions and neither is Diane Watson, it has nothing to do with Republicans vs Democrats, whites vs blacks.......the race card is grade school garbage, we teach our children that it is wrong, yet an elected official uses it because she has no viable facts to support her position........wake up, we are dealing with our kids future, we are all responsible....

When you discount Tort Reform and the benefits it will bring to the system overall, you continue the partisan divide which ultimately leaves us with the same problem we have with many issues.....using racism as your talking point lacks any quality of leadership, I feel sorriest for her constituents.......

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  7. potter 58

potter 58 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57
    CWV- 2% of the Docs cause 90% of the lawsuits, until the AMA gets out of the business of policing their own, things will never change, and you think lawyers are bad , LOL

8. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,666
    When will we admit that there are those who play the "Race Card" Card?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    Whe all else fails, puke up the race card. It's thier only defense and a very poor one at that.

10. Contessa_Sharra

Contessa_Sharra Searcher for Accuracy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +147
    And hey, he has been kicking our big ass for fifty plus years now, LOL....

I wonder how he did that? I mean with no resources and all....