Rep and Rep Power System

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 to 10 the parity here is ridiculous.another thing, I have never dinged anyone who hadn't dinged me first.The way things are here we are going to have to tiptoe around quite a few very powerful egomaniacs.I wonder how long this system stays in place?

I have analyzed this now.
The problem with the rep. system is that it is unrealistic. I have two plans to change it into something understandable and good for us all!

I call the first plan:

"US republican model"
1. If someone with lesser points rep someone with more points, the points are to be taken from the one with lesser points. (In case of negative amount of points it is still okay, a point bank shall be in place where you can borrow points).

2. If someone with more points rep someone with lesser points, the former shall also be given points, just slightly more than given to increase differance in points. (Well, it was a very nice thing to do - point charity should be awarded!)

3. Neg rep will work in this fashion: Someone with lesser points neg repping someone with more points will loose some points too. The one being neg repped also looses points, but they shall be replaced immidiatly by pooling of lesser point members. This will maintain stability and order.

4. Neg rep from a user with more points works as it does today, with the slightly modification: The neg points shall be added to the one performing the neg rep. This is only fair since the neg repping user has done alot of work to maintain the standard of the postings.

Alternatively we can use what I call the:
"Swedish pointfare model"
1. No one can have more points than that of another.

2. If you neg rep someone you will first loose some points, then get some back to put you back up on level. To easy the hurt feelings of the one being ned repped he will recive some points. (They will go directly back to you to avoid a gap in the point-fare)

3. If you don't post you will get motivation-points.

4. As a new member you will be given support-points from day one, slowly decreasing at a rate matching the motivation points. This way everyone will get the same amount of points every day. The amount of points will increase and everyone will be happy and satisfied!

13 to 10 the parity here is ridiculous.another thing, I have never dinged anyone who hadn't dinged me first.The way things are here we are going to have to tiptoe around quite a few very powerful egomaniacs.I wonder how long this system stays in place?

Fiirst off, you shouldn't be dinging just "because somebody dinged you"..That tit for tat mentality is silly and childish. And, you shouldn't be afraid of dinging someone just because they'll ding you back. If that's how you think, then you really don't have any reason to ding anyway...

Second, no matter how many rep points you have, you can't make your house payment with them, or your car payment, so... :D

Fiirst off, you shouldn't be dinging just "because somebody dinged you"..That tit for tat mentality is silly and childish. And, you shouldn't be afraid of dinging someone just because they'll ding you back. If that's how you think, then you really don't have any reason to ding anyway...

Second, no matter how many rep points you have, you can't make your house payment with them, or your car payment, so... :D

If, ultimately they are no real good to yo, why use them?Why even have them?

One things for sure, with you having 85 power points, I don't want to get into any tit for tat with you.:eusa_angel:

Fiirst off, you shouldn't be dinging just "because somebody dinged you"..That tit for tat mentality is silly and childish

Hmmmm..if you mean negative dinging, then absolutely I'll ding them. I can't think of one post of mine that deserves neg repping. I bet you can't think of one of yours, and yadda, yadda, yadda to all posters out there. All in the eye of the beholder.

Hmmmm..if you mean negative dinging, then absolutely I'll ding them. I can't think of one post of mine that deserves neg repping. I bet you can't think of one of yours, and yadda, yadda, yadda to all posters out there. All in the eye of the beholder.
If you're in the heat of any argument, I'd be inclined to agree with you. However, if you're dinged by an observer and then hunt down a totally unrelated post of theirs to revenge ding back, THAT is absurd.

If you're in the heat of any argument, I'd be inclined to agree with you. However, if you're dinged by an observer and then hunt down a totally unrelated post of theirs to revenge ding back, THAT is absurd.

If an observer dings you, they should at least have the balls to post their opposing view in the thread in question, instead of dinging then running, which is what mostly happens infact.Posters can be unfairly neg repped into oblivion, there are some posters here now, with so much more rep power than others, that if they were so inclined could put nearly everyone into the negatives in a relatively short space of time.Hell, it wouldn't take much to knock the board owner into the red...................:lol: :eusa_angel:

I disagree. If somebody neg dings me, they're getting it back. IMO, the original ding is the question. On the taunting thread I NEVER neg ding on that one - have yet to be) either, so why should it happen on teh reasonable thread? I don't think you should be negged ding for your opinions, and if you are, the dinger deserves a neg ding too.

I disagree. If somebody neg dings me, they're getting it back. IMO, the original ding is the question. On the taunting thread I NEVER neg ding on that one - have yet to be) either, so why should it happen on teh reasonable thread? I don't think you should be negged ding for your opinions, and if you are, the dinger deserves a neg ding too.
You've yet to provide a solid foundation for why dinging someone back is appropriate, other than "he did it first!"

In reality, you probably just don't like the idea of negative rep in the first place, right?

What a bunch o ding-a-lings ! :lol:

If an observer dings you, they should at least have the balls to post their opposing view in the thread in question, instead of dinging then running, which is what mostly happens infact.Posters can be unfairly neg repped into oblivion, there are some posters here now, with so much more rep power than others, that if they were so inclined could put nearly everyone into the negatives in a relatively short space of time.Hell, it wouldn't take much to knock the board owner into the red...................:lol: :eusa_angel:
I agree that many here don't handle neg rep appropriately. All too often one member PM's his buddies and gang rapes another member. It's pathetic.

You've yet to provide a solid foundation for why dinging someone back is appropriate, other than "he did it first!"

In reality, you probably just don't like the idea of negative rep in the first place, right?

I find nothing wrong with "he did it first". I am an eye for eye kinda person. Just in my make up. Probably a fault of mine...(shrug). Don't like neg rep too much, but then again, there are spammers and those that fly by night. I think abhorrent posts deserve it.Truly abhorrant. I dinged cp on the DP because he commented on a story about a young child dying that if he/she had grown up a lib, then death was probably the best option. Saying Clinton is a total asshole or the same re Bush shouldn't be dingable IMO...

I find nothing wrong with "he did it first". I am an eye for eye kinda person. Just in my make up. Probably a fault of mine...(shrug). Don't like neg rep too much, but then again, there are spammers and those that fly by night. I think abhorrent posts deserve it.Truly abhorrant. I dinged cp on the DP because he commented on a story about a young child dying that if he/she had grown up a lib, then death was probably the best option. Saying Clinton is a total asshole or the same re Bush shouldn't be dingable IMO...
Funny, that's what I last dinged someone over as well. Should he have revenge dinged us?

Anyone ever ding someone negatively by mistake? LOL. The only thing worse than that is positively repping someone you wanted to ding. There's nothing worse than writing something like "Fuck you!" in the rep comments and then getting a PM from the intended target saying thanks for the positive rep.

Anyone ever ding someone negatively by mistake? LOL. The only thing worse than that is positively repping someone you wanted to ding. There's nothing worse than writing something like "Fuck you!" in the rep comments and then getting a PM from the intended target saying thanks for the positive rep.

:lol: Looks like I'm not the only one with a senior moment every once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back