Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) Apologizes and Perhaps the Quote of the Year So Far

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Think Progress » Grayson stands by criticism of Republican plan: ‘I would like to apologize to the dead.’

Overall, good article.

Yesterday, Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) said the Republican health care plan is “don’t get sick,” and if you do get sick, “die quickly.” After offering those facetious and sadly accurate remarks, Grayson came under criticism from Rep. Tom Price (R-GA), who demanded that Grayson apologize on the House floor. Speaking to reporters this afternoon, Grayson said, “Yes, it was tongue-in-cheek. I’m surprised I have to explain that, but that’s the way it goes these days.” He added that he’s “not taking any of it back” and will “stand by what I said.” When asked if he would apologize, Grayson offered this response:

“I would like to apologize,” he said. “I would like to apologize to the dead.”

However, this is what I consider to be the quote of the year:

Grayson added in another apparent dig at the GOP, “We should care about people even after they are born.”

:clap2:

Think Progress » Grayson stands by criticism of Republican plan: ‘I would like to apologize to the dead.’

Overall, good article.

Yesterday, Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) said the Republican health care plan is “don’t get sick,” and if you do get sick, “die quickly.” After offering those facetious and sadly accurate remarks, Grayson came under criticism from Rep. Tom Price (R-GA), who demanded that Grayson apologize on the House floor. Speaking to reporters this afternoon, Grayson said, “Yes, it was tongue-in-cheek. I’m surprised I have to explain that, but that’s the way it goes these days.” He added that he’s “not taking any of it back” and will “stand by what I said.” When asked if he would apologize, Grayson offered this response:

However, this is what I consider to be the quote of the year:

Grayson added in another apparent dig at the GOP, “We should care about people even after they are born.”

:clap2:

Why is that quote of the year? He is a big government political whore. He wants the federal government to be the mom and dad to the employers. When others disagree with that egregious position, that doesn't mean they don't care.

Both of them were posturing to try and get political points. The heck with both of them.

Apologize my azz.

Who in the hell do you think you are trying to kid?

So he thought he was being clever in attempting to expose what he considers the hypocrisy of his opponent, and assumed nobody would notice his own hypocrisy?? Yeah, he's a very witty dude.

If you cons do not see the imprtance of this statement, then it is either because you are too stupid to read, or you simply choose not to see it.

You obviously have me confused with a Bush supporter. Nice try, however, to change the subject.

Sounds like more scare tactics from the Left. "If you don't pass Obamacare, everyone is going to die!!!!"

You should know. Can you say "WMD"?

You obviously have me confused with a Bush supporter. Nice try, however, to change the subject.

The subject? Are you referring to your assertion that this amounts to nothing more than scare tactics from the left? You must have me confused with a moron.

The subject? Are you referring to your assertion that this amounts to nothing more than scare tactics from the left? You must have me confused with a moron.

Did you really mean to set yourself up like that? From the OP:

Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) said the Republican health care plan is “don’t get sick,” and if you do get sick, “die quickly.”

Scare tactics. Now stop trying to change the subject, moron.

Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) said the Republican health care plan is “don’t get sick,” and if you do get sick, “die quickly.”

Why are they scare tactics? The GOP has done nothing but try their best to kill reform since day one. How are Grayson's remarks untrue?

It's amazing that you never saw Ed Schultz lips move when Alan Grayson was talking

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT8pOXSYl7s]YouTube - Ed Shultz Republicans want to see you die[/ame]

You should never ever say shit like this. See? It just begs for someone, anyone to come along and say "No confusion here!" :eusa_angel:

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Grayson is a douche-bag über-lib...

The shit that emanates from his mouth is what's wrong with the far left today... I am hardly surprised the resident über-libs are agreeing with this fuckstain...

Why are they scare tactics? The GOP has done nothing but try their best to kill reform since day one. How are Grayson's remarks untrue?

How are Grayson's remarks untrue? OMG, you really are a moron. Next.

It's funny because this was really the whole point of me posting this:

“We should care about people even after they are born.”

That quote, right there. Those on the right are so hellbent about every child being born, but they don't want to provide any help for that child if the parents can't afford it. However, they will go ahead and bitch about all the parents who can't afford to have the kids and have them anyway. The double standard is so obvious it's as if it is smacking you in the face to recognize it.

It's funny because this was really the whole point of me posting this:

“We should care about people even after they are born.”

That quote, right there. Those on the right are so hellbent about every child being born, but they don't want to provide any help for that child if the parents can't afford it. However, they will go ahead and bitch about all the parents who can't afford to have the kids and have them anyway. The double standard is so obvious it's as if it is smacking you in the face to recognize it.

And that "point" has always been so ridiculous that I'm surprised anyone still takes it seriously. Every State has programs to help impoverished children and the private organizations are just as numerous. People love to say this crap to help them feel less guilty about abortion. It's a sick argument, but there it is again.

Forum List

Back