Renunciations of US Citizenship skyrocket

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
Pretty stark angle in that graph...I will confess I am very surprised at this, I would have thought Hollywood ( and San Fran) alone would have accounted for at least a 1000 a year under Bush...I lost count of how many people said they would leave or slit their wrists, especially if he were re-elected ( they fucked my dead pool too:mad:)....

I see a modest leap then a Biiiig drop...until:eusa_shhh:.....then, take off time...

how counter intuitive...eh?:lol: :rolleyes:

ED-AP178A_mcgur_NS_20120423175103.jpg

Pretty stark angle in that graph...I will confess I am very surprised at this, I would have thought Hollywood ( and San Fran) alone would have accounted for at least a 1000 a year under Bush...I lost count of how many people said they would leave or slit their wrists, especially if he were re-elected ( they fucked my dead pool too:mad:)....

I see a modest leap then a Biiiig drop...until:eusa_shhh:.....then, take off time...

This is very scary. This used to be a country of immigrates that disavowed their loyalties to the old country and became patriotic Americans in their new country. Now it seems people see America as secondary; a place to use and not build up!

I find it unconciousable to renounce one's American citizenship!

This is very scary. This used to be a country of immigrates that disavowed their loyalties to the old country and became patriotic Americans in their new country. Now it seems people see America as secondary; a place to use and not build up!

As do I. Not only would I never give up my citizenship, I won't even take either of the two others that I am legally entitled to... even though it would make traveling in Europe easier. Nope. I am an American - 100%.

As do I. Not only would I never give up my citizenship, I won't even take either of the two others that I am legally entitled to... even though it would make traveling in Europe easier. Nope. I am an American - 100%.

100% agreed. Dual citizenship is a mockery in itself!

this is very scary. This used to be a country of immigrates that disavowed their loyalties to the old country and became patriotic americans in their new country. Now it seems people see america as secondary; a place to use and not build up!

i find it unconciousable to renounce one's american citizenship!

as do i. Not only would i never give up my citizenship, i won't even take either of the two others that i am legally entitled to... Even though it would make traveling in europe easier. Nope. I am an american - 100%.

x3

I read an article somewhere that quite a few Americans living abroad have renounced their American citizenship so they don't have to pay taxes on their earnings, I am sure that has something to do with it.

Hmm why do you say that? I have a friend whos mother is German and he has dual citizenship, whats wrong with that?

And ridiculous.

And ridiculous.

Just avoiding TAXES in most cases I BELIEVE.

[/B]

Hmm why do you say that? I have a friend whos mother is German and he has dual citizenship, whats wrong with that?

From my perspective, one cannot serve two masters. One country. Mine is the United States of America.

I read an article somewhere that quite a few Americans living abroad have renounced their American citizenship so they don't have to pay taxes on their earnings, I am sure that has something to do with it.

They should be smart enough to use off shore banking then. I do. Neither the Brits nor the Americans can take it. It's all mine! Until I bring it onshore to whichever country... then they are welcome to their 'share'.

And ridiculous.

Yeah, good plan.

And they'll be singing a different song when they find themselves on the receiving end of some rebel uprising in some South American nig-nog or Middle East shithole.

And ridiculous.

Yeah, good plan.

And they'll be singing a different song when they find themselves on the receiving end of some rebel uprising in some South American nig-nog or Middle East shithole.

Actually in the article most of the guys who gave up their citizenship were living and working in places like Austra, Belgium, Australia etc. the guy working in the Middle East are only there temporarily and they know that, I have 3 friends working in Kuwait and all of them are stacking their cash planning on coming back, hell one of them bought a house in Vegas this past summer.

Forum List

Back