Rent for Small Business is too High

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
I know a lot of small business owners. Many of them say that they work 20 days of every month to pay their rent and the other 10 days goes to everything else.

I think commercial rent needs to go down. I think this would do a lot for our struggling economy. And with as bad as things are, rent doesn't seem to be going down. How bad do things have to get before landlords will give their tenents a break on rent?

Many small business' are struggling. It would help our entire economy if their rent went down. Cheaper products, they would hire more people or pay better wages, and the business owner would make more of a profit and spend it out there in America.

And also, people might go out and start a new business if rent wasn't so expensive. I have looked into it. You have to have a lot of money to start a business.

When my grandparents came to this country, they could start a restaurant by taking out loans. They would contact the cigarette vending machine company and get $5K from them and the vending machine profits would pay off the loan. They would get a loan from the milk man, who would deliver milk to the store and pay himself back with the profits.

We need to make it easier for people to start a business. I've looked into it, and it almost seems like you have to be rich to start a business. You need to be prepared to take a loss for 12 months. How many of us can afford to try this?

Maybe the Government can give the stimulus $ to people who own the buildings that small business owners rent from. Give them a tax credit.

If the landlord gives his tenents a $500 a month break, he gets $500 a month back from the government.

I'd rather give these people the money than the bankers.

Or maybe the government should just lower taxes.

They already did that as much as they could.

Our treasury needs the $.

And when business picks up, people should pay taxes.

But this idea will put money where it needs to be. In OUR hands. Not even my hands, but the people who own business' and who employ people.

See, I'm not greedy. My idea doesn't involve ME getting tax breaks. All your ideas are strictly selfish. :lol:

If you just give our companies more tax breaks, you'll just further hurt the system PLUS that money will disappear just like the first $350 billion. It went into the CEO's pocket!!!!

This money is for small business'. Pizza shops, cvs pharm, walgreens, strip mall type business'.

We're not just going to give corporate America even more tax breaks and hope that works. That was Bush/McCain's idea. Are you a McCain boy? :lol:

OK so a property owner is going to be told by the government that he has to lower the rent he charges and what if the lower rent means he can't do things like oh I don't know PAY HIS MORTGAGE maybe...

It doesn't matter if the property owner can't pay his mortgage does it, how about it means he can't fix the roof or the furnace or the AC?

And if a business owner who leases is paying two thirds of his gross revenue for rent, he is a fucking idiot and should go out of business.

Or maybe the government should just lower taxes.

They already did that as much as they could.

Our treasury needs the $.

And when business picks up, people should pay taxes.

But this idea will put money where it needs to be. In OUR hands. Not even my hands, but the people who own business' and who employ people.

See, I'm not greedy. My idea doesn't involve ME getting tax breaks. All your ideas are strictly selfish. :lol:

If you just give our companies more tax breaks, you'll just further hurt the system PLUS that money will disappear just like the first $350 billion. It went into the CEO's pocket!!!!

This money is for small business'. Pizza shops, cvs pharm, walgreens, strip mall type business'.

We're not just going to give corporate America even more tax breaks and hope that works. That was Bush/McCain's idea. Are you a McCain boy? :lol:

Along with the tax cuts the government would need to cut it's own spending.

No, I'm not a "McCain boy." I supported Ron Paul in the primaries, as you know, and I voted for Bob Barr in the general.

Forum List

Back