Renewing Drivers Licenses online

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Doesnt everyone have to take an eye exam when they are renewing - how do you do that online???????????/

Really small print. If you can read the monitor you pass........

Never thought of that.

Will renew online for my upcoming DL renew -beats waiting in line at office...........

x i o d e s - _read the bottom line................................

Last edited:
Doesnt everyone have to take an eye exam when they are renewing - how do you do that online???????????/

If you check your State DMV website you will find the rules for online renewal. I believe most state do not allow continuous online renewals over extended periods of time (20-40 years). For example in Virginia you are only eligible to renew every other renewal cycle so that every other cycle you actually have to go to the DMV. When renewals are processed in the DMV then the eye exam is required, when you renew online the eye exam is not required. That way they verify vision every other cycle.

Some states may even have a "seniors license" for those above a certain age where they cannot renew online and have to report to the DMV so that an eye exam will be administered.

Typically DMV's will mail advanced notice of a pending renewal and this notification will normally inform you if online renewal is possible.

>>>>

Last edited:

Forum List

Back