Renewable energy: The grim reality for climate crusaders!!

Discussion in 'Environment' started by skookerasbil, Oct 12, 2019.

1. ReinyDays

ReinyDays Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Bonneville Power Administration ... hydro is renewable, and we have shitloads ... robbing the Californians blind ...

Very windy on The Gorge, lots of wind farms right there along the trunk lines ...

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Toddsterpatriot

Toddsterpatriot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,073
    Any non-hydro cheaper "renewables"?

3. ReinyDays

ReinyDays Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Wind farms in The Gorge, I guess there's a plan to load up Hanford with solar panels ... the other part of this was outlawing burning coal for electricity ... forcing folks to use these renewables ... a few companies have moved here for that reason, not many ... I have a gas heater so I can't claim to be carbon neutral ... rats ...

4. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,315
    Yeah but the whole point is that renewables will continue to be fringe. It's not debatable.

5. ReinyDays

ReinyDays Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Depends on where ... Bonneville is dominate in the region and has been for close to 100 years ...
    Plus solar panels could be more efficient, I think the current 20% could be improved upon ...

CAREFUL ... my friend ... you almost said "conservation" ... that's a filthy dirty word in the United States ...

6. skookerasbil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,315
    I guess for me, having a conversation about the impossible seems needless to me. So like.....somebody bringing up a thread about reversing the Civil Rights movement......you could have a conversation about it but it'd be pretty st00pid. The world will continue to use fossil fuels for decades because the cost of renewable energy is staggering. Remember......the statistics on "costs" as referenced by green folks does not include the huge ticket items like the cost of building transmission lines etc.......trillions! Cost analysis by the green folks is only the cost of the end product. In other words, its fake.

So by the time some decades go by one would expect some new technologies but by 2050, it most certainly wont be solar/wind. So why have a conversation?:113::113:

7. skookerasbil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,315
    The reason for all of the bobbleheadedness on solar/wind is because megawatt costs don't include either subsidy or transmission line cost. d0y

Wind costs more than you think due to massive federal subsidies

Most people have no clue about the real costs......but then again, when have costs ever mattered to progressives?:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Dick Foster

Dick Foster Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    The People's Republic of the Californicated
    Ratings:
    +3,013
    The trully sad part of it is that there really is a viable alternative that none of the idiots ever talks about, Thorium! In fact it could be used to convert every existing fossil fueled plant out there to clean, cost efficient and safe nuclear. Not the dangerous uranium fueled light water kind but the safe thorium fueled LFTR kind.

Thorium-based nuclear power - Wikipedia

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. ReinyDays

ReinyDays Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Right ... I sometimes forget that strictly speaking, Thorium in non-renewable ... just that it's safe to treat it as a renewable energy source when deciding our energy future ... we're only looking out 1,000 years or so ... long after cheap fossil fuels are gone ...