Removing FaceBook from my Cell Phone

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
My daughter got a new cellphone and she gave me her old one(Samsung 6) since was newer than my old Apple 4. I went to remove all the apps she had on it that I did not use. First and foremost I wanted to remove her FaceBook app. I could not uninstall it all I could do was deactivate it.
I checked and the ony way it seems to delete it is to contact Facebook and in 4 to 6 weeks they will delete it off your phone if you are lucky. Anyone know of a work-a-round for this?

My daughter got a new cellphone and she gave me her old one(Samsung 6) since was newer than my old Apple 4. I went to remove all the apps she had on it that I did not use. First and foremost I wanted to remove her FaceBook app. I could not uninstall it all I could do was deactivate it.
I checked and the ony way it seems to delete it is to contact Facebook and in 4 to 6 weeks they will delete it off your phone if you are lucky. Anyone know of a work-a-round for this?
The only way is to root your phone. Since you appear to be not familiar with this I strongly dissuade from doing that. It can destroy your phone and affect your phone´s security. Just keep it deactivated if you don´t like it, it won´t hurt you or do anything.

Bullshit. Factory reset it.
Some phones are shipped with facebook pre-installed and un-removable.

Facebook was on my phone when I got it brand new. Since it was factory installed I could not uninstall it. I could only deactivate it which I did. I have never used facebook but they still contact me periodically and demand that I sign up.

I was saving the factory reset as a last resort.
I just don;t understand why FaceBook is so hard to remove

I deleted FB a few years ago after an educator at work started sending me PMs asking why I deleted her from my friends list. That started within seconds of me removing her!

I’ve also seen the problems it can cause. Some people like to more share info than than should.

While your account is immediately removed from public view, I think it’s about two weeks before it’s official.

Root the phone. It's part of the factory installed software. Even a factory reset will include it.

Don't worry about it, you'll be up to date on Taylor Swift's next album and Justin Bieber's next breakup!

I don't trust that just because the FB app is disabled that it isn't tracking and reporting data back to FB. They run files on non-FB customers, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that they track Samsung customers even if their app is disabled...

I was saving the factory reset as a last resort.
I just don;t understand why FaceBook is so hard to remove

If you can root the phone, you can delete it. Factory reset, and don't sign into FB.

We were trying to play videos not too long ago, through the bluetooth speaker, I let this girl try to get it going on my phone, next thing I know she's trying to sign into Google. I'm like.."Noooo" On a phone, once you sign into Google, you can't sign out. I'd have to factory reset and delete a bunch of stuff if she did that.

Zuckerberg just likes to keep track of what people are doing.....kind of like Big Brother

If I knew the model of phone, you might could find a pre-rooted OS for it.

"Samsung 6" is pretty vague.

The only way is to root your phone. Since you appear to be not familiar with this I strongly dissuade from doing that. It can destroy your phone and affect your phone´s security. Just keep it deactivated if you don´t like it, it won´t hurt you or do anything.

Some phones are shipped with facebook pre-installed and un-removable.
Yeah, I forgot some did that.

necrothread.jpg

Forum List

Back