Removal of the right to bear arms

like i said WHY DONT YOU GO HOUSE HUNTING NOW.....

Because our government is not practicing tyranny now.

people like you enjoy the goodlife but if things start going sour start looking for a way out.....

You are absolutely correct. I do enjoy life, and if this country starts to imitate the Nazi regime, I'm outta here.

.....then ill come back and say HEY WE DID IT"....

You are quite mistaken. If I leave this country due to fascism, I will not be back.

Not to be rude, but you seem a bit like a nutjob.

well for someone who has only been here a month you dont know shit about anyone on this board....and i belive most of our posters here will tell you that your wrong.....BUT after what you just said about leaving ...i believe the great majority here would agree with me in saying that you are a fucking coward who would desert the ship when things start getting bad instead of fighting for your rights and going down fighting for those rights.....and like i said before when those "NAZIS"set their sites on Canada then where are you going to run asshole?........

[
well for someone who has only been here a month you dont know shit about anyone on this board....

Oh, are you so fantabulously great that I'm supposed to already know about you and your greatness?

Actually, I've been here less than a week. Thanks for the welcome!

i believe the great majority here would agree with me in saying that you are a fucking coward who would desert the ship when things start getting bad instead of fighting for your rights and going down fighting for those rights.....and like i said before when those "NAZIS"set their sites on Canada then where are you going to run asshole?........

So you're saying this is a board full of nutjobs?

Somehow, I find it unlikely that any one person here can speak for the "great majority" in that manner. And frankly, if you're too cowardly to talk to one stranger on a messageboard without pulling some middleschoolish garbage along the lines of "I'm one of the cool kids" then you might want to consider rethinking your choice of anonymous messageboard insult. It just kinda comes across as hypocritical.

Meanwhile, should this country go the way of the Nazis, you and some buddies are welcome to run around shootin' at stuff. I'm just certain your little gang can stand up to one of the finest military machines on this planet, with some of the best technology in the world, and take em' down with your handguns and rifles, combined with the psychologicial warfare that happens with such a regime. Or perhaps it hasn't occurred to you that a lot of the people you currently think will be fighting for you will actually be fighting against you, thoroughly convinced that the government is right and you're a traitor, having been brainwashed for years in that regard. In point of fact, we're already seeing the groundwork for such a plan, just in case. But I"m sure your plan is far more effective than mine. After all, if the Jews and gypsies and such had stayed in Germany and tried to save their country, that would have been far more effective than if they left the danger zone and tried to defeat it from outside.

Once again, you're come across as a bit of a nutjob. Which is better than my assuming that you're just kinda dumb.

Oh, are you so fantabulously great that I'm supposed to already know about you and your greatness?

Actually, I've been here less than a week. Thanks for the welcome!

i believe the great majority here would agree with me in saying that you are a fucking coward who would desert the ship when things start getting bad instead of fighting for your rights and going down fighting for those rights.....and like i said before when those "NAZIS"set their sites on Canada then where are you going to run asshole?........

So you're saying this is a board full of nutjobs?

Somehow, I find it unlikely that any one person here can speak for the "great majority" in that manner. And frankly, if you're too cowardly to talk to one stranger on a messageboard without pulling some middleschoolish garbage along the lines of "I'm one of the cool kids" then you might want to consider rethinking your choice of anonymous messageboard insult. It just kinda comes across as hypocritical.

Meanwhile, should this country go the way of the Nazis, you and some buddies are welcome to run around shootin' at stuff. I'm just certain your little gang can stand up to one of the finest military machines on this planet, with some of the best technology in the world, and take em' down with your handguns and rifles, combined with the psychologicial warfare that happens with such a regime. Or perhaps it hasn't occurred to you that a lot of the people you currently think will be fighting for you will actually be fighting against you, thoroughly convinced that the government is right and you're a traitor, having been brainwashed for years in that regard. In point of fact, we're already seeing the groundwork for such a plan, just in case. But I"m sure your plan is far more effective than mine. After all, if the Jews and gypsies and such had stayed in Germany and tried to save their country, that would have been far more effective than if they left the danger zone and tried to defeat it from outside.

Once again, you're come across as a bit of a nutjob. Which is better than my assuming that you're just kinda dumb.

believe me dickwad i aint one of the cool kids.....and if this country had dipshits like you back in the days of the revolution we would still be under British control.....and if i die fighting for this country dipshit against "those whom i thought were with me"....then ill die knowing i fought for freedom.....how about you?.....youll know that you ran....and you will run again if Canada was next on the "NAZI'S" list.....some people stand and fight....and then theres people like ...well you....

and if this country had dipshits like you back in the days of the revolution we would still be under British control....

You mean the type of "dipshits" that would leave their country because they believed it was fascist and started a new one instead?

Brilliant comparison.

.then ill die knowing i fought for freedom.....how about you?.

I'll die of old age knowing I fought for freedom and lived to see it reinstated.

If you fight unwisely, you just die brave and dumb. If this country turns Nazi, I recommend you set up camp in another country to fight that battle, so that you'll be fighting a battle you can win. I have no use for dumb brave people who fail, personally, no matter how much your ego may be fed by saying you'll stay and die and anyone who thinks on any other level is a coward. Which, btw, is very impressive talk on a message board.

I'll die of old age knowing I fought for freedom and lived to see it reinstated.

If you fight unwisely, you just die brave and dumb. If this country turns Nazi, I recommend you set up camp in another country to fight that battle, so that you'll be fighting a battle you can win. I have no use for dumb brave people who fail, personally, no matter how much your ego may be fed by saying you'll stay and die and anyone who thinks on any other level is a coward. Which, btw, is very impressive talk on a message board.

you did not fight for shit....you ran.....and how are you and the rest of the "runners" going to win in Canada?....yell stuff across the border...."set up camp in another country to fight that battle".....if you ran from this one your not going to fight in that battle either.....now like i asked....when Canada gets attacked....were are you going to run to next?...

Tactics would not come into play...it's a simple math equation.

And that is my theory on why we still have 2nd Amendment rights in the U.S.

If the government didn't believe the people would put up a fight, we would be the U.K. or Australia already.

Banning firearms in the U.S. is mutually assured destruction writ small.

I think you still have a 2nd Amendment right because no-one is interested in wiping it out. I doubt it has anything to do with the number of civilians (including police, police are civilians) who have firearms.

But my point about organisation remains. It's a fantasy for someone to think that any number of armed civilians could defend against a determined government able to wield the power of its military and other political apparatus to enforce its will. The question is, why would any government bother?

The democrats couldn't wait claim defeat in Iraq and and those armed civilians were 10,000 miles away.

Remember Harry Reid "The war is lost."

The day that we failed to find the claimed WMD, the war was lost. We had lost all moral reason for the invasion. Abu Ghraib cemented the loss of morality, and any chance we had to pacify that nation. It was not Democrats that lost Iraq, it was an illegal invasion, and idiotic incompetant occupation.

....and how are you and the rest of the "runners" going to win in Canada?....yell stuff across the border...."set up camp in another country to fight that battle".....if you ran from this one your not going to fight in that battle either.....now like i asked....when Canada gets attacked....were are you going to run to next?...

You're really quite short-sighted. You could stand to read a few history books.

I'm curious as to whether you've thought on your statement about the founding fathers. You know, the ones who deserted their country in order to go somewhere else and fight? Did that penetrate the brain cells, or are you having too much fun playing e-thug?

Beyond that, mass movements are like plagues of locusts. You can't control a swarm of locusts from standing in the middle of it. Let's pretend for a moment that you have something to you beyond internet bravado - your brilliant plan will leave you dead and defeated. Learn to use your brain so that you can put bravery to some use.

As to whether you think I'm a coward - I really could care less, you're welcome to think so. I find the concept laughable, personally. But I do care about whether or not people think about their actions, even in a hypothetical. Try to think beyond the testosterone for a bit.

ethug.jpg

I'm curious as to whether you've thought on your statement about the founding fathers. You know, the ones who deserted their country in order to go somewhere else and fight? Did that penetrate the brain cells, or are you having too much fun playing e-thug?

maybe you should brush up on your history....they did not come here to fight.....the first group at the Jamestown Colony came here hoping to make a buck....then they came here to settle and live.....the fighting came a little later.....by the people who were already here

The Jamestown colony is one small bit. I assure you, plenty of them came here to fight, and others came here most assuredly to ditch their country. Either way, they set up a fight they had a chance of winning, and were called cowards at the time because they didn't fight using traditional methods. They used their brains, and they won.

What you're talking about in the scenario I was envisioning (a Nazi-istic regime takeover) is precisely the attitude that led to a whole lot of dead people for nothing. The ones who were actually able to do anything useful were the ones who saw the writing on the wall on got the hell outta dodge. Believe me, I have both jewish and gypsy background. If I were gay, I'd be Hitler's wet dream. 30 family members of mine stayed. 3 survived. Those were adults and kids, btw. The folks who came here, however, survived, and lived to help others survive. My greatgrandparents helped as many people escape as the US government would allow, then helped a whole bunch more escape to South Africa. They, in turn, helped others. Some served in the military. Some sent money. Some provided safe houses along the way. There's all sorts of ways to resist fascists.

However, the ones who behaved as you describe. Brave and dead and helping no one. Every one of them. And their kids as well. Do what works. There's nothing useful about getting yourself killed in the name of freedom, no matter how good saying it or cussing at strangers on messageboards may feel.

Meanwhile, whatever you decide, if our government starts rounding up the registered firearms, you can find me in Canada. Cause the only reason a government starts doing that to my mind is because they've got plans already mapped for mass roundups and killings. And if that's a problem for you, ah well, but I think we've reached that agree-to-disagree point in life.

The Jamestown colony is one small bit. I assure you, plenty of them came here to fight, and others came here most assuredly to ditch their country. Either way, they set up a fight they had a chance of winning, and were called cowards at the time because they didn't fight using traditional methods. They used their brains, and they won.

What you're talking about in the scenario I was envisioning (a Nazi-istic regime takeover) is precisely the attitude that led to a whole lot of dead people for nothing. The ones who were actually able to do anything useful were the ones who saw the writing on the wall on got the hell outta dodge. Believe me, I have both jewish and gypsy background. If I were gay, I'd be Hitler's wet dream. 30 family members of mine stayed. 3 survived. Those were adults and kids, btw. The folks who came here, however, survived, and lived to help others survive. My greatgrandparents helped as many people escape as the US government would allow, then helped a whole bunch more escape to South Africa. They, in turn, helped others. Some served in the military. Some sent money. Some provided safe houses along the way. There's all sorts of ways to resist fascists.

However, the ones who behaved as you describe. Brave and dead and helping no one. Every one of them. And their kids as well. Do what works. There's nothing useful about getting yourself killed in the name of freedom, no matter how good saying it or cussing at strangers on messageboards may feel.

Meanwhile, whatever you decide, if our government starts rounding up the registered firearms, you can find me in Canada. Cause the only reason a government starts doing that to my mind is because they've got plans already mapped for mass roundups and killings. And if that's a problem for you, ah well, but I think we've reached that agree-to-disagree point in life.

registered firearms?.....do you know how many are un-registered.....and you still havent answered my question about were are you going to run when the group who takes over the US decides Canada would be a nice little add on...

Man you guys who imagine some kind of announcement that guns are outlawed is going to happen sure are dumb.

That's not the way creeping fascism works.

Your right will not be taken away en masse.

They will chip away at your rights slowly, and make it increasing difficult for otherwise law abiding citizens to own guns. they will do this making more and more goofy laws that nobody can live without breaking them.

And since so many gun owners are law-and-order weenies, you'll all sign onto theose outrageous laws they'll use to eventually make it illegal for people to own guns (much like they've already done with marijuana crimes)

Then, once you have that record for some inconsequental violation of the law, you won't be able to own guns legally.

The erosion of your civil rights has been going on right under your noses all along, but most of you keep missing it because you don't realize that the violation of one person's civil rights is also a violation of YOUR civil rights.

What do you think the war on drugs is all about?

It's obviously not to end the scoruge of drugs, folks. That must be obvious to any of you with the brainpower of a turnip.

Those goofy laws exist to insure that enough people can always be found criminal of something or the other so that their rights can be taken away whenever it becomes necessary.

You guy queers ought to be burying your guns in the back yard, right now, but of course most of you will dismiss my warnings because you imagine that I'm just some kind of lefty paranoid.

Last edited:
Man you guys who imagine some kind of announcement that guns are outlawed is going to happen sure are dumb.

That's not the way creeping fascism works.

Your right will not be taken away en masse.

That's precisely what they did in Nazi, Germany. Which doesn't mean it will happen here, but it is also inaccurate to say that's not how it works. There's many ways it can "work."

registered firearms?.....do you know how many are un-registered.....and you still havent answered my question about were are you going to run when the group who takes over the US decides Canada would be a nice little add on...

Sorry, haven't put quite as much thought into it as you'd like. If a fascist state starts taking over other nations, then I guess the people who wish to take a stand against will have to gather wherever is available. Like the fisherman who brought people over from France to Britain.

Again, we're at the point where we'll have to agree to disagree. Clearly, you think I'm cowardly. I can live with that. Clearly, I think you're thinking on far too simplistic a level. I have no doubt you can live with that. What more is there to discuss?

If such a thing came about and it is looking it could just what would be the real reaction to such legislation. I know we have heard all the gung ho bull from the so called would be die hards but as an law abiding citizen what are you going to do when the cops knock on your door and ask for all your guns and ammo, shoot them in the face?

I'm sure that if such legislation was introduced the perps would use every dirty trick in the book to bring that about but would people just hand them over for fear of the consequences. The perps would set up a few examples where people, ordinary citizens are gunned down by the authorities for not doing as they were told, the instill fear factor.

Many other nations have lost the right to have firearms and I am convinced that the high school shootings, terrorism etc. are being used to bring this about.

i can see your point, but considering the much greater fire power that can be fielded by the armies of the world, why should we need to give up our guns anyway?

those who would fight, literally, to preserve our rights will only do so if the "guv'ment" came to take their guns. that line in the sand is set too far back. by the time there is an active, above ground concerted nationwide effort to remove guns from our homes, we will have been denied almost all of the other freedoms, or rights, we have enjoyed, and us having guns will not even be an issue. i regret that this line is so far back.

we are not good at risk assessment. we are more inclined to fear the consequences of running counter to legal rights violations that natural rights being eroded, because we are taught to obey authority without question

No one taught me to obey authority without question. Who taught you ?

no one taught me to obey authority without question. that isn't to say the attempt wasnt made. but the attempt also failed.

i questioned and corrected teachers, pastors and other adults. that didnt/doesn't do much for my popularity, but i am popular with me. that is enough. authority that cannot be questioned isn't authority but in name, much like there are managers, and ppl who can manage others or mechanics and ppl who replace car parts.

Forum List

Back