Removal of the right to bear arms

Jul 9, 2009
If such a thing came about and it is looking it could just what would be the real reaction to such legislation. I know we have heard all the gung ho bull from the so called would be die hards but as an law abiding citizen what are you going to do when the cops knock on your door and ask for all your guns and ammo, shoot them in the face?

I'm sure that if such legislation was introduced the perps would use every dirty trick in the book to bring that about but would people just hand them over for fear of the consequences. The perps would set up a few examples where people, ordinary citizens are gunned down by the authorities for not doing as they were told, the instill fear factor.

Many other nations have lost the right to have firearms and I am convinced that the high school shootings, terrorism etc. are being used to bring this about.

If such a thing came about and it is looking it could just what would be the real reaction to such legislation. I know we have heard all the gung ho bull from the so called would be die hards but as an law abiding citizen what are you going to do when the cops knock on your door and ask for all your guns and ammo, shoot them in the face?

I'm sure that if such legislation was introduced the perps would use every dirty trick in the book to bring that about but would people just hand them over for fear of the consequences. The perps would set up a few examples where people, ordinary citizens are gunned down by the authorities for not doing as they were told, the instill fear factor.

Many other nations have lost the right to have firearms and I am convinced that the high school shootings, terrorism etc. are being used to bring this about.

You reckon? Given that some folks are of the view that government couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery I think you're giving them far too much credit.

That statement is correct to as point, the people you know as the Government could not organise it but their controllers can and it is they who are calling the shots.

Those who voted yes on it would be shot. Those who tried to enforce it would be shot. Those who think it's a good idea would be shot.

Seriously, I always thought that if something were going to push people over the edge, taking away their guns might just be the thing.

Those who voted yes on it would be shot. Those who tried to enforce it would be shot. Those who think it's a good idea would be shot.

Seriously, I always thought that if something were going to push people over the edge, taking away their guns might just be the thing.

Could the voters, the enforcers and those who support the idea shoot back?

I predict this will not happen within our lifetime.

They hit a brick wall on the so called 'assault weapons' ban when Obama's popularity was at it's peak.

If they passed such a law, and I believe it would be highly unlikely, the first thing I would do is start a home improvement project. When I finished this project, I would secure my guns within the aforementioned project. When and if they came looking for guns, I would politely inform them that I have none. Without a search warrant, they will not gain entry to my humble abode. Should they return with a search warrant, well, we'd just have to see. I firmly believe that the first and second amendments are the two most important in the Bill of Rights. They are the foundation of all the others and this nation.

Could the voters, the enforcers and those who support the idea shoot back?

Only if they had a gun. :razz:

They will never pass a complete and total ban. Leaving a dangling remnant of something gives you something to continue crusading against, indefinitely. Guns might have 3 year waiting periods, maximum ownership limits, ammo taxed at 3,000%, etc...but never totally illegal. Or like with health care, it will be heavily communized, but not 100%. That way they can look at this hobbled, dysfunctional system and say "see, free markets don't work".

Hypothetically though, if they ever did pass a real ban, I would immediately report my guns missing. And stick them way, way off in the far corner of the attic, under some insulation.

Come for my guns and I will refuse. I will warn the officers to leave the premise or I WILL respond with force.

If such a law were passed I would send my family away from my home so that the ensuing shoot out would not harm them.

I will gladly die to protect my GOD given right to self defense. I WILL respond with force to anyone that attempts to remove my weapons. And while some will hide them some will fight. And I suspect some military and some law enforcement will refuse the orders to fire on US Citizens.

This is the same goverment that was going to wipe out drugs, right?

I don't think that keeping your weapons would be all that hard to do.

But in reality. Americans will put up with a lot of shit. Taking our guns may actually be the last straw and we could see open revolution and/or civil war.

The day the government starts knocking on doors to confiscate weapons is the day I start making my own.

You should bury your guns in the back yard to prevent such a terrible thing.

That'll show em!

That'll show em!

Like I said I will go down fighting when they come for my weapons. And if I know far enough in advance I will try and get the press there to witness it. If enough people resist then it will lead to open rebellion.

Those that hide them are not doing themselves or anyone else any favors. If the Government ever oversteps the bounds then we need to fight. Hiding them accomplishes nothing.

We've just learned that you can't talk back to the police without being arrested so I'm sure all you good little authoritarians will happily hand over your guns.

We've just learned that you can't talk back to the police without being arrested so I'm sure all you good little authoritarians will happily hand over your guns.

Do you even think ever?

Do you even think ever?
Yep. You idiots spend so much time obsessing over your guns that you don't even notice your freedom of speech being infringed upon.

Do you even think ever?
Yep. You idiots spend so much time obsessing over your guns that you don't even notice your freedom of speech being infringed upon.

FUCKING HILARIOUS. You are about as fucking stupid as a rock. No one lost any freedom of speech you dumb ass retard. But if we do, it will be because you liberals create laws to take those rights away. Funny how you all LOVE Unions until one tells your President he is a fucking dumb ass. Remind us again how you only know racism when a Black man tells you about it.

That'll show em!

Like I said I will go down fighting when they come for my weapons.

I believe you would. Good for you, too.

And if I know far enough in advance I will try and get the press there to witness it. If enough people resist then it will lead to open rebellion.

I doubt that. People are mostly cowards.

Those that hide them are not doing themselves or anyone else any favors.

They might be.

After all the people like you who stood up to be cut down are gone, those guns might come in real handy for those who prefer to fight a war of terror against the government which killed you.

If the Government ever oversteps the bounds then we need to fight. Hiding them accomplishes nothing.

I prefer to live to fight to win, rather than dying to make a point.

You OTOH, have told us repeatedly you want to die, anyway, right?

So this sitution would give you a chance to make your death a meaningful protest against government intrustion.

Forum List

Back