removal of "Freedom Tower" title unpatriotic?

It's doing well, but it isn't a modern art masterpiece like the tower.

BTW, if you have ever been there or worked there, you would see why a 'park' or 'memorial' is so inappropreate, it is a site of mass murder, such a thing should NOT be 'preserved.'

Ive never been to NYC, so no. I know the families of the victims, at least from what I've heard, don't want the footprints touched. I don't know what the answer is as far as memorial or no memorial. should they have torn Auschwitz down?

BTW, if you have ever been there or worked there, you would see why a 'park' or 'memorial' is so inappropreate, it is a site of mass murder, such a thing should NOT be 'preserved.'

So do you think that the Oklahoma City National Memorial is inappropriate? After all, it was the site of a mass murder.

Ive never been to NYC, so no. I know the families of the victims, at least from what I've heard, don't want the footprints touched. I don't know what the answer is as far as memorial or no memorial. should they have torn Auschwitz down?

The DNA of all the people who died in the WTC attack remains at the site.

To me, the idea that their DNA and ashes would be buried in soil, grass, trees, gardens, fountains, etc, is just more palatable then to think of them encased in concrete and rebar in a sub-basement.

The idea that forevermore, people would visit a place of piece and tranquility...a park...to relax, to remember, to pray...just seems more appropriate than having 70 stories of board rooms and profiteers and greed perched right on top of the spot where 3,000 people died.

how about....

one world free trade center..........

Too NWO...

... they can call it the Freedom Towers if they want, but I don't see as to where a building that's been rebuilt because terrorist shit stains flew planes into the originals and knocked them down has a lot to do with "freedom." I think if we're going to name it something to do with that event, then auditor0007 has got the right idea...

auditor0007 said:
How about naming it "The Fuck Al-Qaeda Tower"?

A SMALL GROUP OF THE FAMILIES, not all of them.

Auschwitz was not a business that was struck by terrorists in the middle of a busy city.

The WTC was.

I can think of no better way to reward Al Qaeda then to leave 2 gaping holes in the ground as testiment to their sucess.

I can think of no better way to reward Al Qaeda then to leave 2 gaping holes in the ground as testiment to their sucess.

Truthfully the only way to have kicked Al Qaeda in the nuts on this one would have been to immediately put the Twins back up and begun business as usual.

At this point.. they did win because we stopped our lives and can't seem to recover. Be it our airlines, Ground Zero, how we treat our own people or how we view the world they won because we aren't care free anymore.. we are trapped in a downward spiral of ever increasing regulations and restrictions.

Essentially America was shot in the gut that day and has been dying a slow and rather painful death. Either we clean the shit up and get back to our lives or we let it fester.. which wouldn't be pretty.

Forum List

Back