CDZ Remittance Tax, How Many Flavors?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
This is a tax idea that is floating around to speed up self deportation and bring in revenue. I was wondering how many versions are floating around with how much support?

Guess I need to take you off my ignore list to read your post.

Interesting title so far.

This is a tax idea that is floating around to speed up self deportation and bring in revenue. I was wondering how many versions are floating around with how much support?
DJT has the right idea.

The question I wonder about is whether this will be simply a broad based import tariff or whether it will indeed be targeted somehow towards goods manufactured by companies who have moved production facilities overseas and are then re-importing product into the USA?

I think the support is good so far, but so far the terms have been really vague.

A broad based tariff is easy to administer.

A targeted tariff is impossibly complex.

Some years ago there was discussion of taxing remittances from the US to Mexico. It went no where. Does anyone know of a current proposal or a county that has actually implemented a Remittance Tax?

Forum List

Back