Remittance Tax can pay for Wall and foreign aid

Do you support a 2% tax on "remittances" sent from the US to foreign countries?

• Yes, that is lost GDP and tax revenue here in the US

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No, it can be considered foreign aid

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Stopping remittances entirely, forces Mexico to pay for the wall. That is what Trump has meant all along.

Jeez...you keep talking about raising taxes.

Cutting spending is the way to lower the deficit/pay for Trump's wall.

Your party is supposed to be big on small government. Yet your party is sending the deficit through the roof and you cannot seem to grasp cutting spending as a way to pay for things you want.

You want the wall...than how about cutting your precious military budget that amount?

Your party is supposed to be big on small government. Yet your party is sending the deficit through the roof and you cannot seem to grasp cutting spending as a way to pay for things you want.

You want the wall...than how about cutting your precious military budget that amount?
How about what post # 2 just said ?

You count taxing foreign countries as "raising taxes"? Not me. That is money that should be spent here. Pass that Bill.

As we argued before.
When the US Debt explodes and there is no money for defense, then we can cut Welfare, Medicaid, Defense and the government agencies that are non-essential.

How about what post # 2 just said ?

Can you please explain that a little better? I'm not sure how you can stop foreigners from sending money back home.

Why don't we add a tax on money sent out of the US. The Bill exists and would more than pay for the wall. A 2% tax on $69b would generate $1.4b a year. Why won't they pass that law? Lets poll it...

Find out how much money American immigrants send abroad | finder.com

GOP lawmaker wants to tax money sent to Latin America
The GOP wrote a bill over a year ago that would tax remittances at 2%. It went nowhere. If the GOP House can't pass it why are you even talking about it?

Why don't we add a tax on money sent out of the US. The Bill exists and would more than pay for the wall. A 2% tax on $69b would generate $1.4b a year. Why won't they pass that law? Lets poll it...

The GOP wrote a bill over a year ago that would tax remittances at 2%. It went nowhere. If the GOP House can't pass it why are you even talking about it?

Why didn't they pass it? It makes perfect sense. The only reason I can think of is that Ryan wants to keep the cheap labor ?! Otherwise I have no clue why they didn't pass it and build the wall with Mexican $$$$$.

Can you please explain that a little better? I'm not sure how you can stop foreigners from sending money back home.
You can stop it by >>

1. Outlawing money transfers (wires) to certain remittance receiving countries.

2. Outlawing mail to those same countries, without a special permit.

You can stop it by >>

1. Outlawing money transfers (wires) to certain remittance receiving countries.

2. Outlawing mail to those same countries, without a special permit.

But I want 2% of that money to build the wall. If they put it in a suitcase and FedEx it we lose $1.4b a year

999,999,999th time]

aint gonna be no damn wall.

study that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The reprehensible right just doesn’t get it, they’re blindly obsessed with this idiotic ‘wall’ – their hateful, bigoted heads are made of concrete.

It still doesn’t make any difference where the funding comes from, Trump’s ‘wall’ of fear, ignorance, bigotry, and hate won’t work – it won’t keep anyone out.

Trump’s moronic wall is a waste of time, money, and resources – regardless the funding source.

Let’s recap. You want to tax regular joes who send money to their poor relatives overseas RIGHT AFTER you gave super rich and giant companies a huge tax cut?

Why not just tax businesses who send money overseas ? Oh no, won’t target the gop big biz masters .

There will be no wall.

There should be no wall.

Wanting a wall is a sign that you are a moron or someone who wants to take advantage of morons.

That is all.

Forum List

Back