Reminiscing

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I didn't have these particular items, but, I knew a couple of kids who did - I can speak to the rest of it though with fondness

A Pre-Enstupidation View

American society on North Jefferson Street, and all the burbs for miles around, was everything that today would be thought intolerant or not very inclusive. There was no crime, diversity not yet having become our strength. When we rode our bikes under blue skies, I think the only kind we had then, to the shopping strip at Westover on Washington Boulevard, we could leave the bikes for hours on the sidewalk, or anywhere else, and they would be there when we came back. There were no transgenders. We were little boys and little girls. This seemed to work. For some reason now forgotten, for a year or so we referred disparagingly to each other as “queerbaits.” There were no queers to bait though, and anyway we didn’t know what one was.

I grew up in a small town similar to the one you describe, and it was wonderful for my friends and me. I wish everybody could have fond memories of growing up in a Maberry like town. It wasn't until I grew up a little that I realized everybody didn't share those memories. Just a few years before then, the sign on the interstate warning Ni&&ers to not let the sun set on their black ass had been removed. Of course, no black person would have been brave enough to defy that instruction for several years after that sign was taken down. The KKK had an office on main street, and the women's auxiliary often had bake sales on the sidewalk in front. We laughingly insulted our friends by calling them fags. None of us had ever knowingly even seen a real gay person, because it was illegal to do that back then. An openly gay person would go to jail after the town ostracized them, ending their job, destroying their family, and ruining their lives. I can understand why many racists want to hang on to the way it was because it was wonderful for us. Unfortunately, making all those that don't look like us suffer just to prolong our idyllic existence is just morally wrong. It's not what Jesus taught, and the rest of humanity won't stand for it any longer.

Sorry OP....I just couldn't resist....:10:

REMINISCING, The Little River Band

I grew up in a small town similar to the one you describe, and it was wonderful for my friends and me. I wish everybody could have fond memories of growing up in a Maberry like town. It wasn't until I grew up a little that I realized everybody didn't share those memories. Just a few years before then, the sign on the interstate warning Ni&&ers to not let the sun set on their black ass had been removed. Of course, no black person would have been brave enough to defy that instruction for several years after that sign was taken down. The KKK had an office on main street, and the women's auxiliary often had bake sales on the sidewalk in front. We laughingly insulted our friends by calling them fags. None of us had ever knowingly even seen a real gay person, because it was illegal to do that back then. An openly gay person would go to jail after the town ostracized them, ending their job, destroying their family, and ruining their lives. I can understand why many racists want to hang on to the way it was because it was wonderful for us. Unfortunately, making all those that don't look like us suffer just to prolong our idyllic existence is just morally wrong. It's not what Jesus taught, and the rest of humanity won't stand for it any longer.
For some, the good ole days
When you could openly show your hate

New Topics

Forum List

Back