Reminder: The house passed the 2012 budget 12 weeks ago

I agree. We're 14 trillion in debt people and some of you think we should keep on spending? Doesn't sound like a very good idea to keep spending to me. I wish they would bring the troops home from the middle east and cut the monies from there and some other stuff that we could do without.

I wish Obama would stop spending like wild.:(

I agree. We're 14 trillion in debt people and some of you think we should keep on spending?

Er, the House Republican budget passed in April keeps increasing the debt. That's why it raises the debt ceiling from the current $14.294 trillion limit to $23.102 trillion by 2021.

I agree. We're 14 trillion in debt people and some of you think we should keep on spending?

Er, the House Republican budget passed in April keeps increasing the debt. That's why it raises the debt ceiling from the current $14.294 trillion limit to $23.102 trillion by 2021.

How could we stop the raising of the debt ceiling as any bill that would make real cuts, would not get through the senate and the president would veto it.:(

How could we stop the raising of the debt ceiling as any bill that would make real cuts would not get through the senate and the president would veto it.:(

The House budget wasn't intended to be a realistic document. No budget ending Medicare was going to clear the Senate or be signed by Obama. This was the Republicans' blue sky statement budget. And it would continue to add to the debt.

Do you have a link to back that up?
I sure cannot find it
NationalJournal.com – House GOP Passes 2012 Budget Resolution – Friday, April 15, 2011 | New Just In

Oh wait
the liberal prop
Interest on the 14 trillion we all ready owe

I can believe that
seeing as though interest added as much to the debt as GWB did

Do you have a link to back that up?
I sure cannot find it

You might try the actual budget resolution the House passed in April.

(5) DEBT SUBJECT TO LIMIT- Pursuant to section 301(a)(5) of the Congressional Budget Act of 1974, the appropriate levels of the public debt are as follows:

Fiscal year 2012: $16,204,000,000,000.

Fiscal year 2013: $17,177,000,000,000.

Fiscal year 2014: $17,951,000,000,000.

Fiscal year 2015: $18,697,000,000,000.

Fiscal year 2016: $19,503,000,000,000.

Fiscal year 2017: $20,245,000,000,000.

Fiscal year 2018: $20,968,000,000,000.

Fiscal year 2019: $21,699,000,000,000.

Fiscal year 2020: $22,408,000,000,000.

Fiscal year 2021: $23,102,000,000,000.

It's a very "liberal" thing to do to actually look at the legislation in question, I know. But if you opted to do that, you'd note that it allows for an additional $9 trillion in debt over the next decade (a >60% increase in the debt).

So let's not get too swept up in fantasies about the Republican budget. It doesn't produce a balanced budget for a few decades, and thus the debt continues to tick upwards.

Yea, and they all voted on it. It's when the Ryan plan became the "Republican Plan". Included was the plan to end Medicare. Will they run on their own plan?

Yea, and they all voted on it. It's when the Ryan plan became the "Republican Plan". Included was the plan to end Medicare. Will they run on their own plan?

End Medicare?

e Republican-led House passed on Friday its fiscal 2012 budget resolution, which cuts $5.8 trillion from current spending levels over the next 10 years and reforms Medicare and Medicaid, a clear display of the GOP's vision for policy and spending. The plan in its current form has little chance of passing the Senate, but is another shot in what will be a continuing battle over spending priorities The spending plan, largely crafted by House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan , R-Wis., passed on a nearly party line vote of 235-193. The budget resolution comes as the nation’s budget deficit is expected to remain historically high, at more than $1 trillion for the current and next fiscal year. During the 2010 midterm elections, Republicans campaigned on cutting spending and reducing the deficit, which gave them control of the House and increased their numbers in the Senate. The spending blueprint reflects their efforts to keep those promises, which they also
believe is good politics. Apr 15, 2011

House GOP Passes 2012 Budget Resolution - Friday, April 15, 2011 - Digg

End Medicare?

Yes. The Republicans set an arbitrary date after which no one will be allowed to enroll in Medicare. Those lucky enough to be grandfathered into the program will be gently coerced into abandoning Medicare (as Medicare's bargaining power relative to providers steadily erodes as the program is phased out of existence) and into looking for a private insurance plan. The goal is rather straightforward: phase Medicare out of existence so that eventually no one has it. That's what it means to end Medicare. And that's what House Republicans have passed.

End Medicare?

Yes. The Republicans set an arbitrary date after which no one will be allowed to enroll in Medicare. Those lucky enough to be grandfathered into the program will be gently coerced into abandoning Medicare (as Medicare's bargaining power relative to providers steadily erodes as the program is phased out of existence) and into looking for a private insurance plan. The goal is rather straightforward: phase Medicare out of existence so that eventually no one has it. That's what it means to end Medicare. And that's what House Republicans have passed.

Do you have a link to a thread that will confirm that?
Its not what I recall Ryan stating

All this talk about blame and fault
The GOP has a full blown budget for 2012 and beyond that the house voted on and passed

House GOP Passes 2012 Budget Resolution - Humberto Sanchez - NationalJournal.com

Whats up with this "whose fault is it"

So? They passed a bill that could never pass the Senate and never get signed.

It was a place to start
It was no little effort
It should have been debated on the senate floor

It was what the will of the people wanted. This is why we have elections and in 2010 the people spoke volumes

Er, House Democrats couldn't be bothered to pass a budget in over 800 days. They should be arrested for loitering

All this talk about blame and fault
The GOP has a full blown budget for 2012 and beyond that the house voted on and passed

House GOP Passes 2012 Budget Resolution - Humberto Sanchez - NationalJournal.com

Whats up with this "whose fault is it"

So? They passed a bill that could never pass the Senate and never get signed.

The Reid Senate never actually passed a budget and Obama was voted down UNANIMOUSLY by Senators from all 57 states

What budget have the Dems put forth again?

The problem isn't a shortage of budgets. Obama produced a budget, House Democrats introduced a budget, the House Progressive Caucus produced a budget, Kent Conrad produced a budget. The challenge, as we've seen, is finding the mix of these proposals that can pass.

What budget have the Dems put forth again?

The problem isn't a shortage of budgets. Obama produced a budget, House Democrats introduced a budget, the House Progressive Caucus produced a budget, Kent Conrad produced a budget. The challenge, as we've seen, is finding the mix of these proposals that can pass.

But doesn't it sound so much better to keep saying, Obama never produced a budget?

Funny, that another poster said, "reform isn't ending Medicare". If you take Medicare and turn it into a "voucher" program. Then it's not Medicare, Medicare is ended, it's a "voucher" program. I just don't get it.

Forum List

Back