REMINDER: Posting Personal Info

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Just a reminder to all ...

Users are cautioned concerning posting personal info in public forums. If you post your own info, it's your business. I discourage doing so, but there is no rule against it, so you can if you want.

However, if a user posts another user's private info without express permission of that user, the user posting the info will be banned permanently from USMB.

We're flexible on most of the 2-3 rules we enforce on this board, but I am stating here and now this is one I would not test. I am inflexible about it and there will be no do-overs.

The contents of private messages for the purpose of this rule are considered exactly what they are called -- private. Posting the contents of a PM in a public forum will result in the user doing so being banned for an amount of time considered appropriate by the USMB staff. If the contents of the PM are personal information that is posted, refer to my previous paragraph for guidance.

Jus remember, even if you do not place much value or emphasis on your anonymity, that does not mean others do not place a high premium on theirs.

Thanks,

Gunny

I don't even want to know what brought this on, but I've got to say, there's nothing that makes me angrier that someone posting personal information.

i did post a pic of a youngster Shogun last week. I'm hoping that none of my net fans pull a Selena on me.

Just a reminder to all ...

Users are cautioned concerning posting personal info in public forums. If you post your own info, it's your business. I discourage doing so, but there is no rule against it, so you can if you want.

However, if a user posts another user's private info without express permission of that user, the user posting the info will be banned permanently from USMB.

We're flexible on most of the 2-3 rules we enforce on this board, but I am stating here and now this is one I would not test. I am inflexible about it and there will be no do-overs.

The contents of private messages for the purpose of this rule are considered exactly what they are called -- private. Posting the contents of a PM in a public forum will result in the user doing so being banned for an amount of time considered appropriate by the USMB staff. If the contents of the PM are personal information that is posted, refer to my previous paragraph for guidance.

Jus remember, even if you do not place much value or emphasis on your anonymity, that does not mean others do not place a high premium on theirs.

Thanks,

Gunny

It's probably pointless to ask, knowing what an upright fellow you are, but I'm just dying to know who was the culprit.

No culprits. Was just an issue we were discussing. Consider it a preemptive strike. ;)

Ah! Good idea!
And posters who value their annonymity should remember to be very careful of who they entrust with their PI.

Dont tell anyone.. but im the fat guy in this video.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TS15ylEovg0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TS15ylEovg0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Forum List

Back